“beautiful view”

The Holyrood Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bundoran
“beautiful view”
Reviewed 13 July 2005

we paid about 70 euros a night for a double room, which is about right for the standard of the hotel, room was clean and adequate but had a beautiful view over the bay - probably the best from the hotel,which made up for any shortcomings elsewhere. the breakfast was reasonable but the hotel was full of elderly coach party tourists and was very busy. we were glad we had not booked an evening meal at the hotel - try the la scabbia - a short walk out of town for a really good meal if you dont fancy the "chips with everything" cafes that abound on the main street.

• Stayed June 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Reviewed 6 June 2005

Our son arranged this accommodation and we were worried about the quality we could expect as some of the past reviews had not been great. We were very pleasantly surprised to find that the food was excellent and the service very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and warm, even if a little dusty in places, but very clean overall. Getting luggage into the hotel is a bit awkward but a short cut is available through the Spa at the rear. The Holyrood isn't the "Ritz", but we were very satisfied with our accommodation and would stay again. Recommended.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 April 2005

My family and I stayed in this hotel in August 2004. I think we paid around 160 euros per night so I expected a decent hotel instead it was appalling.
It was dirty dirty dirty. If I was paying rock bottom prices fine I could live with a little dirt but not when paying this kind of money. I wouldnt recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2004
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Bundoran hotels

Reviewed 6 April 2005

Just back from a weekend away in Bundoran and i really enjoyed the whole experience.I can not fault the hotel one bit,the food was beauitful the service was second to none and the rooms were 5 star.had 2 magic nights of entertainment in the hotel.the kids have been raving about the hotel since we left.will deffinetly be going back before the summer.

• Stayed March 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Co Tyrone
Reviewed 29 March 2005

We have just returned from an Easter break with our two children, and must say we enjoyed our stay. The staff are a credit to this hotel, with Martin on reception and Bernie in the restaurant being the two shining stars of the hotel. The leisure centre was great, lovely pool and the kids loved it. The hotel had no cleanliness issues, the room was clean and comfortable. There are issues which need to be addressed, firstly the windows in the family room do not lock, we needed to tie them together to stop our 3 year old climbing out. The second issue is that the restaurant is franchised out to another company, and the communication between reception and restaurant is poor. We were given different times of breakfas and dinner servings by the hotel and the restaurant, and its takes so long to get a drink in the restaurant, as they have to get a member of staff from the bar to take the order, she goes and gets it, and you can't add it to your bill, everything has to be paid for there and then. This was inconvenient, but not insurmountable. Overall this is a very friendly hotel, with great kids facilities, a lick of paint and new furniture, combined with its own restaurant would improve this hotel further. We will return. Thanks Martin and Bernie for all your help.

• Stayed March 2005
10 Thank imhungrymummy
Reviewed 10 March 2005

March the 10th 2005

I have just spent four very relaxing days iin the North West staying at Holyrood Hotel in Bundoran. At this time of year relaxing is what i like to do, and what I found in this part of Donegal was nothing short of peace on earth. First I arrived and checked into the above hotel, and the one to one approach from the staff was superb, I was given a beautifull room overlooking Donegal Bay and from there I could see the beautifull Donegal mountains. After getting settled in I decided to have a look around the Hotel it was quiet but then again it was March, I was directed to the leisure centre, this i must sample and so i did. I was first of all taken on a tour of the centre by a member of staff and each of the facilities explained to me, after which I proceeded to sample. After spending some time there I went for a walk i crossed the street and there before was the Atlantic Ocean again I was taken back with this coastel walk and i cotinued right around the ocean edge taking in crisp fresh air as i walked. I arrived back at my hotel and after all of that i was hungry. I went for dinner and I ate and ate nice food with a finale of deserts which I cannot resist. Throughout the remaining days I relaxed and met the locals. I believe giving credit where it is due and my short stay at Holyrood Hotel was one that i will remember with delight well done to all who work there. I shall return

• Stayed January 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 July 2004

Room had ripped sheets, had to pay up front, food a disgrace would give more to my budgie, kids meals with soggy greasy chips, service the worst i have ever come across, better off bringing a tent and a stove, please do not go here i spent a fortune, worst hotel ever, dont put yourself and your kids through this, no pool as advertised,

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bundoran
Great Northern Hotel
Sandhouse Hotel
Sandhouse Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh
Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa

Been to The Holyrood Hotel? Share your experiences!