“You've got it”

Good for: Child-friendly
Omagh, United Kingdom
“You've got it”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

For the life of me I can't understand the two dreadful reviews. Things have definitely changed since Mags and Ronan visited. Last Sunday afternoon, myself and a few others wandered into The TPB for the first time, looking for a bite to eat. It was quiet and relaxing and we ordered and waited and enjoyed some superbly cooked, expertly seasoned, perfectly balanced, delicious, seasonal food, cooked to our taste. The 7.50e roasts were a good enough sized portion and definitely worth waiting for! The fine dining presentation, good coffee, 4.00e deserts of generous proportion and artistic ambiance were all to our liking. The staff couldn't have been more hard working, knowledgeable, helpful and accommodating - and we did try their patience.. You've got it 95% right kids, I hope that enough folks appreciate your efforts.

• Visited August 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absoloute disgrace of a restaurant.”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We visited this pub/restaurant on our recent stay in bundoran. When we entered the place it looked a bit messy but with 5 hungry kids we chose to stay and give it a go. There was 9 of us in total in our group. We ordered 2 baby bowls, basically potato and gravy and were presented with 2 half bowls of dried up potato and gravy. I asked the waitress for some more gravy and perhaps a bit more potato, we were then given another half bowl of dried up lumpy potatoes. There was 2 interesting dishes on the menu which I queried with the waitress and my sister and I decided we'd try the chicken dishes. We ordered pasta with tomato sauce for our other 3 boys and got a bowl more full of onions than pasta, you can imagine for a 4, 5 & 9 year old this did not go down well.. all our mains were not served together, I had to wait some time for mine. My sisters dish was very bland and the bread it was served in was soggy and lacked flavour. A good bit of salt was needed. ... when my dish arrived , the presentation wasn't great, but I was looking forward to tasting it. I literally took one taste and thought I was going to have to spit it out. I called the waitress and explained that it was not edible and returned it. The sauce on the food was appauling, they had so got the flavours wrong. I then ordered a curry - which you would think would be safe enough!! The rice was overcooked and soggy and to be honest I have tasted better curry from a jar. Both of our husbands meals were ok, edible at least. When I got the bill, we were charged 4 euro per baby bowl - 12 euro in total, for 3 bowls of lumpy potato and dried up gravy .... anywhere else we had payed 2.50 for a baby bowl so I was a bit taken aback by 12 euro... and the fact the food everywhere else was far superior. Then I noticed for the dish I sent back which apart from missing a piece of chicken I tasted, was also on the bill along with the chicken curry, when I queried it with the man he was so rude and refused to have a polite conversation, instead jumped down our throats with a rant about it having to be prepared. He was so rude and really made me feel uncomfortable. I explained that the food was not edible and that I was shocked that we had to pay for it. I also spoke about how outrageous it was to pay 12 euro for 2 baby bowls but he just continued on his ignorant rant. We have been to many restaurants in our time and this has to be the worse, not only for quality of food but also for the ignorant manner of the people working there. I strongly recommend anyone that enters this place no matter how hungry you are, to turn around and make a better decision than we did.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mags2262
Dub
“Dubcara13”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Beautiful food here, not the usual stuff- would recommend this place for lovely food. The chef will cook what ever the kids want ( even if not on the menu) very impressed!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank 402Cara13
TwistedPepperBundora, Manager at The Twisted Pepper, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe Travels. Twisted Pepper
Strabane, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“A so called restaurant, I don't usually complain, but here goes...”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

My wife and I drove around Bundoran on quite a busy day looking for somewhere to eat and came across the Twisted Pepper, there were people sitting outside enjoying their drink on such a hot day and we looked up at the sign which stated 'Restaurant', boy are they sadly mis-guided. When we walked into the place it was practically empty which should have set alarm bells ringing but thought we'd stick with it.

When we asked our server for menu's, it turns out there were only 2 for the entire restaurant and when we opened the '1' they provided us with, everything was hand-written on sheets of A4 ruled paper (uh oh, but here goes nothing). Our order was simple, chicken burger and chips and a steak baguette and chips. I had ordered a pint of Heinekin which took 10 minutes to pour, and the server had no clue about what type of soft drinks were behind the bar either. After 50 minutes of waiting a server appeared and asked if we were waiting long, as the kitchen advised we would be waiting a little longer, no apologies or offer of a drink on the house due to the delay (which seemed as though the kitchen staff had eventually stumbled across our ticket and decided that they would get around to throwing our meal together). People arriving after us (that built up the courage to stay) had been served and finished their food long before ours arrived.

Finally after over 1 hour and 15 minutes waiting I thought 'here it is, this has to be worth the wait'. I seen then why potential customers were walking in and leaving again, the food was horrible, dry, and the chicken fillet burger could only compared to the size of a fish finger (being generous in my comparison). Chips were disgusting and I have eaten tastier baguettes from Iceland that are cooked for 2 minutes in a microwave.

Never again will I set foot into this place, no apologies for being forgotten about by the staff (using this term staff very loosely by the way), bar staff had no clue what the waiting staff were doing and vice-versa. Serving staff had little clue about how to ensure their customers were being looked after either. Most probably one of the worst dining experiences we have ever had. Do yourself a favor and continue your journey to Donegal town for decent food and good service. Such a shame considering the location of a sea-front view and quite a nice place to be inside (if they realise they are a pub), let down by the fact they think they are a restaurant, I wouldn't even rate this place as bad pub-grub, stick to benig a bar and stop serving food, or at the very least remove the word restaurant from your sign, Wetherspoons offer tastier and more timely food, and there your food is almost self-service.

• Visited June 2013
Hello Ronan G
Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry you were not happy with the service and quality of your visit. The standard and quality of our food and service is important to us. A considerable amount of training and menu redesign has taken place since your visit in early June and the feedback has been outstanding. We do appreciate your comments and will do the best we can to make sure your next visit is more enjoyable.