“Gross”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Enniscrone
Manhattan
“Gross”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This hotel was so dirty and unsanitary that my family and I left the day we checked in. We were still charged and there were stains on the chairs and the carpet was DISGUSTING. When I walked in the first thing I said was how it smelled like a teenage boy's room... you can imagine how that would smell.....I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Ballaghaderreen, Ireland
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed here for our friends wedding which took place in another hotel in the village. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. Due to a rather late finish at the wedding, we overslept and missed breakfast, so never got to check out the food. Our fault entirely!! We had a great sea view from our window. The room rate was extremely reasonable and I would have no hesitation in coming back again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My wife and I visited for a friend's wedding. The staff were very friendly. The food was excellent. I have problems with my back having had a number of operations but the beds were very comfortable. I woke in the morning after a very good night's sleep with none of the aches and pains that often accompany a sleep in an unfamiliar bed.
My only criticism is the service in the bar was very slow at times. I paid €5 for a pint bottle of bulmers which was less than I pay in my local at home.
The area boasts a very fine beach which is just behind the hotel.
I could easily see myself spending a few days on holiday in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here on valentines night .we were greeted with a smile and a lovely receptionist .room was lovely and clean and the view of the sea outside our window was unbeatable .beds and room were spotless .beach is literally out the back of the hotel .after arriving back from our walk .champagne , a box of chocs , strawberries and cream and a rose had been left in our room and displayed lovely .dinner that evening lovely restaurant staff kind and chatty .overall we had a great time staff couldn't do enough for us .i have a nut allergy and they catered well for it .we would recommend this hotel highly .if every hotel could be this helpful and friendly it would be a blessing .well done to all the staff here they are an absolute credit and thank you for everything .joanne and Dave .

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Myself and my family,my brother and his family and my parents all stayed here over the June bank holiday weekend. Even though the hotel was busy the service and attention from the staff was first class. The rooms were lovely and my brother was upgraded to the presidential suite which they loved as its fantastic!
The location is fantastic right on the beach and so child friendly! I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old and they were made to feel so welcome! All the meals were beautiful and we all enjoyed them!
We are all planning on a return visit this summer!
Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank lauranewell82
Mullingar, Ireland
Reviewed 12 June 2013

From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly and helpful. The meals and service were excellent. The location of this hotel is ideal for the beach. I would recommend this hotel to both couples and famalies. The restaurant was always busy and the food was consistantly good.
We had a beautiful room overlooking the sea and this was the icing on the cake for our stay. We will be returning.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Castlebar, Ireland
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Hotel is very clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful! Meal was nice (good decent portions) and the staff were quite efficient with the service. Hotel is in a nice setting in the town, with good views and short walking distance to the beach. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank staticsteve
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscrone
Diamond Coast Hotel
#6 of 9 in Ballina
The Ice House Hotel
The Ice House Hotel
#2 of 9 in Ballina

Been to Ocean Sands Hotel? Share your experiences!