“This place should be a 5star. Catherine O'Hara runs a wonderful B&b”
Review of Tara Farmhouse

Tara Farmhouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Enniscrone
Tara Farmhouse
Ranked #4 of 7 Enniscrone B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I loved Tara. There were 6in our party with 3 rooms. All were wonderful, clean great beds, pillows. And the hospitality was second to none. I can't say enough about this place and I am amazed that it is not at least a 4 star. It was cold when we arrived and Catherine greeted us with tea and scones. She added a sweet touch with having our beds warmed for us. Breakfast was great with home made jams . bubba was an added surprise. Loved it here

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfortable
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Tara Farmhouse

Reviewed 17 July 2012

We have just spent another eight nights with the most hospitable family you could wish to meet. Nothing is too much trouble, always welcomed with a cup of tea and home made cakes.
Breakfast is a feast to behold lovely home made Brown bread along with fresh eggs from the hens is enough to wet anyone's appetite to make up the full Irish breakfast or perhaps just scrambled eggs along with the fruit juice, cereal, yoghurt, toast, home made jams and marmalade and as much tea or coffee you can drink.
The rooms are all cleaned daily, beds made and clean towels provided.
The peat fire in the guest sitting room is a a very welcome sight on a damp wet cold day.
The beach is wonderful to walk along flat sand and miles of it, the pitch and putt is great fun no matter what age you are. The Seaweed baths are a treat not to be missed.
We will be back again next year that is for sure.

Room Tip: All rooms are good have slept in all the beds over the years and all very comfortable. room size is...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2012

You do really get the feeling of staying in a farm house. We stayed here mostly because we needed a location close to the Eniscrone golf course. Catherine even provided us with a discount to play at the course which is less than a mile away. The breakfast was excellent with quite a variety of fresh fruit. The rooms where clean and cozy however a bit small in size. It was rainy and damp during our visit and the family made sure we had a warm peat fire in the sitting area. It was really a nice touch.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

So glad that we were able to stay here on our trip, one of the nicest B&B proprietors that I have ever met. On our next visit to Ireland we would love to come back. Beautiful area, nice clean rooms and fantastic breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012 via mobile

Catherine and family are nice hosts. Food was good. Clean place. Small rooms, smaller bathroom (ensuite ones). Comforting fire was made for us after a long day. Catherine is efficient, not overly friendly. This was okay for a one night stay, but I would prefer another if staying in the area longer than that.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank WK07
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The warm welcome we received was followed by fresh scones and tea.The rooms were spotless, comfortable and excellent decor and furniture.
The breakfasts were amazing, a great choice and nothing was too much trouble for Catherine to prepare. Excellent fresh fuit salad with a great assortment of fruits,a selection of homemade jams were very tasty, not plastic sample pots that we found at other places which also served us with tinned fuit.
I can highly recommend a stay at Tara for comfort, welcome, price and hospitality during stay plus the great surrounding countryside is fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I am regular visitor in the area and I am now staying only in this B&B. Already five years, both on business and private trips to the region.
The owners are very nice people, they care about their visitors and provide excellent service for very competitive prices.
Rooms in the B&B are always clean and tidy, nice size and the provide the service I expect from an accommodation. There is also nice living room with open fire, where the tea and scones are being served on arrival. Really nice place to end the day.
And if nothing else, the breakfast it the reason to spend a night there. Variety of the dishes on the menu has to fulfill everybody's taste. The full Irish is my personal choice. And with the home made bread and the view of the Enniscrone bay, you will be satisfied, trust me.
I can honestly recommend the B&B and I believe my friends and family who stayed there with me would agree with me without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscrone
Ballina Manor Hotel
#1 of 3 in Enniscrone
Diamond Coast Hotel
Diamond Coast Hotel
#2 of 3 in Enniscrone

Been to Tara Farmhouse? Share your experiences!