“Superb accommodation by the sea”
Review of Waterfront House

Waterfront House
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Enniscrone
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed one night at the Waterfront House in Enniscrone as part of a 12 day tour of Ireland with Vagabond Tours. At first, I was going to give the Waterfront House a “Very Good” 4 star rating because I sometimes worry about giving out too many 5 star assessments and, let’s face it, very few hotels or B&Bs are flawless; you can usually find something that needs improvement. But the more I reflected on my experience at the Waterfront House in Enniscrone, the more I realized that there was nothing about my experience that merited any criticism. This is a very well-run and well-maintained hotel. Although there was nothing particularly fancy about my room, it was very clean and spacious, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was spotless. The only thing that would have made my accommodation better would have been a room with a view of the beach and the seacoast. My room, however, did provide me with a good ground level view of the rear parking lot! :-)

What convinced me in the end to give the Waterfront House an “Excellent” rating was its superb on-site restaurant. Indeed the restaurant may be the Waterfront House’s best feature. As you might expect, the restaurant has a wonderful view of Enniscrone’s waterfront and inside the décor is very pleasant. Meanwhile the food and service were exceptional. The dinner I had (salmon) was one of the best meals I had while in Ireland and the waiter for our table could not have been more attentive and helpful. The restaurant also features an excellent wine list. And just to prove that dinner was no fluke, the breakfast I had the next morning was also superb – there was a wide selection of items provided, and everything I tried was delicious.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 October 2012

This has to be among the best places anywhere.
Great water front location, friendly staff, lots of parking, excellent restaurant, comfortable rooms and good value.
Not much more to say is there?
Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PleasantSurpriseDJE
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Stayed here on a Wolfhound Adventure tour Sept. 2012. Quite a luxury stop for us as we normally stay at standard (nice, comfortable, but not fancy) B&B/guesthouses. This was an extremely nice hotel. I had an enormous room with a huge bed and a lovely bay window looking out onto the beach. Food in the restaurant was quite good although our server was a bit confused, perhaps she was new? All in all, it was a very nice stay in Co. Sligo.

1  Thank Madeit2Ireland
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight at Waterfront House in late September 2012 and loved every minute. From our spacious and very comfortable room overlooking the sea, to our gracious and very helpful hostess, to the superb dining room, it was an extraordinary experience and one we would recommend. We have travelled to many parts of the world and our night here was out-standing for comfort, service, and surroundings. Helen Coleman

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Stayed at the Waterfront House with my wife, sister and brother in law over the last weekend in September and had an excellent time. We were met at reception by Martina, a super lady, who greeted us with a smile and a bit of craic. Martina immediately advised us of the local attractions and places to wine and dine before showing us to our rooms. The rooms were a good size and well equipped with great views over the bay. The staff were all very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was substantial and very good. I would recommend a visit to the baths (seaweed) three doors away, very relaxing. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Front of house for excellent views>
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I stayed there for 6 days in September and the hospitality and service is the same as it has been on the previous occassions.....very good. The views are wonderful regardless of the weather and the rooms are spacious to say the least. Its great value for money and extremely homely and beautifully lit up during the evening with candles and a lovely fire. Special praise goes to Majella (one of the waitresses and a very good chamber maid), she looks after you very well at breakfast and along with her boyfriend tenders your room and makes your bed like a 5 star hotel would do.
I can see why everybody rates the Waterfront House so highly and I'm no different.
If you get the chance to visit this lively village then stay here, you wont be disappointed!

Room Tip: sea view for sure as its a view you would see on a holiday prgramme
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Recently stayed here and couldn't recommend enough. Second year I've come here on a golfing trip to play Enniscrone and Carne golf clubs in Belmullet. Staff really accommodating and friendly. Restaurant excellent and wine very good value and a really good selection. Ideal small hotel for 2-3 days as there is much to do in Enniscrone. Only grumble was the carpark gets a bit full from the restaurant in the evenings.

Room Tip: sea view rooms have lovely views if you can get them if you book early but dining room has equally g...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscrone
Diamond Coast Hotel
Mount Falcon Estate
Mount Falcon Estate
#1 of 9 in Ballina
Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel

Been to Waterfront House? Share your experiences!