“Wonderful stay! ”
Review of Waterfront House

Waterfront House
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Enniscrone
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Waterfront House in early July 2015, and could not have expected more! The staff and owner are absolutely lovely, from the first moment they provided terrific information on local hot spots for a great stay in Enniscrone. The rooms are extremely clean, and have views of the entire beach.

The restaurant on site is clearly the most popular restaurant in town, so be sure to make a reservation when you check in. We got engaged at the beginning of our trip, and the patio well appointed patio out front was wonderful for enjoying the sunset with quiet conversation. The inn's dog is even big on customer service (the sweetest old black mix!)

We stayed for two days and departed on an early flight, and our host even tried to convince us to enjoy their breakfast in our room before the restaurant opened (just incredibly accomodating).

Enniscrone is a very pretty seaside summer town with one of the biggest beaches we've seen in Ireland, and the hotel was a short jaunt to Sligo and Slieve League for day trips.

Absolutely will stay again, fully recommend!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wjkimmerle

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Lovely views from restaurant and from my room! Food was delicious, great selection of seafood! Service was very good, was made feel very welcome! The owner Martina was extremely friendly. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Johnboland14
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have not been to Enniscrone for c20 years and this was a family trip to visit relatives and also to see how the place had changed. I stay in a lot of hotels in the UK and around the World and this hotel was very good from all aspects. I had a double room with sea view and it was super. It is so nice to open your curtains in the morning to look out on to the beach - if early you would see the horses walking along the beach, then as it got later people and pets.

The restaurant was excellent. Breakfast was as good as I have ever had and we ate twice in the restaurant at night which was also excellent with a very good Sauvignon Blanc!

We were fortunate to have good weather when we visited and I enjoyed sitting outside listening to the sea and watching the sunset after dinner.

I plan to return to Enniscrone in the near future and would not hesitate in booking this hotel again.

Room Tip: Sea view is worthwhile
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CM73_12
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I travel to Ireland every year and my favorite place to stay is Martina Tuffy’s Waterfront House in Enniscrone. This hotel has everything. It is located on a bluff overlooking a beautiful three-mile-long sandy beach. Within easy walking distance are seaweed baths, shops, pubs and golf. Surfing and fishing are are just steps away. Further afield there are numerous historical, mythological and natural attractions. Visitors, like myself, who trace their west Sligo ancestors are connected to local historians and resources.

The decor in the Waterfront House is outstanding. The design, layout and color schemes of the rooms, common areas and restaurant blend beautifully. The rooms are large and many overlook the ocean. The beds are very comfortable and each room has all the amenities an experienced traveler expects in the best of hotels. Everything is very well maintained and the bathrooms are impeccable.

Martina has always offered an exceptional breakfast to her guests and and in the past couple of years has expanded her restaurant to offer lunch and dinner as well. Her menu is extensive. The salmon is wonderful as are the scallops and the Enniscrone Seafood Bake. My only complaint is that the helpings are too large. The staff is efficient, friendly and helpful.

As you might gather from what I’ve written already, the best part about staying at The Waterfront House is Martina herself. She greats everyone warmly and does everything that she can to make their stay perfect. If I could I would nominate Martina for “Landlady of the Year.” It is a pleasure to give the Waterfront House in Enniscrone my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Thomas T
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here last week and I don't usually rate hotels as I find a lot of them very samey and bland. This hotel is different, the moment you arrive you feel welcome. There is a lovely seating area at the front of the hotel where you can soak up some sun and enjoy the beautiful view of the beach which is just across the road. Martina, the proprietor and her staff are so helpful and friendly. The rooms are very spacious and most of them have a sea view. I availed of the early bird dinner menu and it was very good value and absolutely delicious. Breakfast is freshly cooked for you which is getting very rare (I hate buffet cooked breakfasts). The hotel is perfectly located between the main street the beach and the pier. The famous seaweed baths are practically next door and well worth a visit. I will definitely stay here again when in beautiful Enniscrone. BTW I filled in the swimming pool and fitness centre section in error, there is no gym or pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Deirdre C
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Visited here for lunch and early bird menu. Wish I had have discovered it earlier. Its a real gem. Views are absolutely stunning and the food is the best in town. My husband and have tried both the fish & chips and chicken with pancetta for lunch. Nicest food I've had in a long time and tastiest. We had 3 courses on the early bird menu for €24 each. Great value and again taste didn't disappoint.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

On a tour with Vagabond for a couple of weeks and had the pleasure of staying here for one night. This is a clean hotel with a staff that wants to please. Wish we had been able to stay here for a couple of nights. You will enjoy Martina--- she is special.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscrone
Diamond Coast Hotel
Ballina Manor Hotel
Ballina Manor Hotel
#6 of 9 in Ballina
Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre

Been to Waterfront House? Share your experiences!