“Fantastic place - Visited twice by us on a weeks holiday”
Review of Waterpoint

Waterpoint
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Enniscrone
Galway, Ireland
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Fantastic place - Visited twice by us on a weeks holiday”
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Two problems first.

Checking the website times up as opening at 4pm during the week. However we landed in enniscrone at 11 am and decided to find the place so we'd know where we goin etc. anyway landed and wasn't it open. My advise is the website is not correct and so ring/check etc before you plan your day around it.

Secondly, on first day charged €20 for a family ticket (two adults, a child and an infant). However on leaving I happen to pick up a brouchure about the waterpoint where I noticed we should have been only charged €18. The €2 was refund quickly.

Good points are ample.

Both days girl at counter checked did we have euro coin for the lockers.

Plenty of free parking.

Showers/changing areas communal which is brillant for families, baby changing area available, everywhere spotless.

The enterance fee for a infant includes a huggies swim nappy which is brillant. I found the first fee of €20 brillant value so even better for €18. However I happened to get chatting to lady in the steamroom from Northern Ireland who felt this price was very expensive. There is no time limit on your stay.

There is a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi all up a little area that is only for over 16s. There is a fab little children area with slide, waterfall and a jet of water also. Main pool was very warm and only thing my husband disappointed was all pool only 1.1 metre deep. The water slide is absolutely fab and is policed very well by the lifegaurds on duty. No messing is tolerated, my husband and I using the slide together got a swift giving out to as two people are dangerous etc...fair enough as few teenagers messing etc so the lifegrauds do make place very safe for everyone.

All staff had no problem with me having new baby in carry tot at side of pool and there is a little viewing area where one can sit to watch the kids etc if needed for people not swimming or if like me toddler getting tired.

We found it so brillant we returned two days later with my teenage brother.

Fantastic outdoor play area to the back of the waterpoint that is actually free to the public. Def worth a visit or three.

Eniscrone itself, just a few points:
Check out diner "Mary-Ann's" for best fish and chip, they have a little kiddies area in the front window.
Beach is also fabulous.
There is a kids playground area located at the beach, charging €3 a child for entry to the playground and €3 extra for either mini-golf or go-kart racing. Not worth it.

6 Thank PMcNGalway