“Top class”

Ait Eile
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Enniscrone
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in the coastal village of Enniscrone, Co. Sligo, Áit Eile brings you traditional food with a difference in our intimate yet casual restaurant. We put a strong emphasis on locally sourced produce, showcasing free-range artisan meats and fresh seafood, this is driven by our passion for travel, food, wine and coffee. Local favourites such as The Black Pig of Enniscrone and Seafood Linguine have been a constant in an otherwise ever-changing menu. Our team, better known as the Áit Eile Family, are here to join you on your journey through the evening. We look forward to welcoming you at our cosy place by the sea.
“Top class”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Went here late on a Saturday night they take orders up to 10pm which is great . Fine place tables not on top of each other. Would prefer a bit more choice in menu but when meal came is was very good. Always find this place good never let me down yet.

Sligo, Ireland
“10/10”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

New years eve, the place was bustling but the staff were calm and friendly, great food and great service. An unassuming little gem.

• Visited January 2014
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Hidden Jewel riding the waves of recession ... and winning!”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We have dined in this establishment on several occasions, as a couple and in company, in recent months. Like all good restaurants, consistency is the key and Ait Eile keeps their key shining with quality meals, reasonable pricing, super efficient & friendly service and a great value wine list. Collectively, they are doing everything possible to beat the recession with the added disadvantage of being situate in a holiday town in the closed season. The local clientele support is evident and they reward it with that same consistency and value. Their only difficulty is, as with every other restaurant trading during these times i.e. balancing opening hours / days with demand economically which, we believe, they have cracked to their credit. Busy extended weekends will testify to that and we don't mind having to book or waiting a little to dine there. Keep it up Ait Eile!

• Visited November 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Very Disappointing.”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I had heard so many good things about this place that maybe I expected too much. We arrived without booking a table saturday night and to thier credit they managed to find us a seat at the door. We ordered our meal, a steak sandwich for my wife and chicken and chorizo pasta dish for me. Next door table ordered some starters and some steaks for the men, I say this just to illustrate the closeness of the tables and to relate what happened later on. The restaurant was packed with people and the atmosphere was good. Our meals arrived and were so dissappointing, the portions were tiny. I got approximately six pieces of pasta, a few small chunks of chicken and a small amount of chorizo, all swimming in a creamy sauce. My wife's steak sandwich consisted of six small slices of beef in a ciabatta type bun and a small amount of chips and garnish. Both gentlemen at the table next to us called the waitress and complained bitterly about the quality of their steaks. One of them agreed to send it back and changed his order. The other man said "I'll keep it and saw my way through it, but it is not as described on the menu". So overall for me Ait Eile is grossly overated and I would not return for the childs portion I received. I did tell the waitress that it was very small and she asked if I was still hungry. I got the impression that they heard this complaint quite often.

• Visited October 2013
“Best Birthday meal ever”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

A week in Enniscrone for my birthday was a great treat in itself. So we wanted to have a special meal and what better place to go than Ait Eile. You know when you walk in somewhere that just the way you are welcomed makes you feel 'they want me to be here' . We were nearing the end of our stay and had eaten in many places from the city of Sligo to small villages and towns along the coast, but this was the best. Husband had lamb shanks wrapped in pastry,and has been drooling about it ever since. I had Seafood Linguine. Pasta was perfectly cooked in a mouthwatering sauce with loads of seafood, The service was attentive, relaxed and friendly. So travel to get here-it will be worth it.

• Visited October 2013