“Do stay at castle cove holiday homes!”
Review of Enniscrone Village

Enniscrone Village
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Enniscrone
“Do stay at castle cove holiday homes!”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Castle cove holiday homes....we stayed here for 4 nights, husband and I and our 4 children. The house is awful (no 20), curtains don't fit windows, very poor facilities ie tv not working, no DVD player, no hair dryer, house very cold on arrival including beds. Fridge freezes all food but food could be left out overnight as its so cold anyway!

London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A PEACEFUL, FRIENDLY HAVEN IN A MAD WORLD!”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I've been lucky and traveled but my heart belongs in Enniscrone!

I live in South London surrounded by street upon street of houses; high rise buildings; far too many people; noise and dirty air!!

Enniscrone is peaceful with the sound of the sea and the Atlantic wind in your face.

The swallows darting and diving during a warm summer's day; the children so happy and laughter all the way, gosh, I.m going all poetic!

Seriously though, there is great countryside around, with the majestic Moy sweeping down to the sea, with the Ox Mountains a short drive away with lovely lakes to explore.

Have a seaweed bath and feel rejuvenated or boat down the Moy with Michael Kilcullen who looks after you and any children very well.

We were in 'scrone in August 2012 but I've been visiting since the 1960s and it will always be a special place, my place to escape to!

On the other side of the Moy you can visit Roserk and Moyne Abbeys. Ballina has plenty of history and Clarke's Fish Shop plus plenty of good venues for a meal. Killala has history and views with a lovely coastal road out past Downpatrick Head to Céide Fields.

And, well, the people, if you ask someone the time you are usually still talking to them 1/2 an hour later!!

Go on, try it and try and prove me wrong!!!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank MickeyC5
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Tiny village only beech worth a visit”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Granted we visited Eniscrone in march the quiet season but there was so little open it was a disaster. Only one resturant opens mon- wed, and only 3 after that and even then it's with limited menu's. the Indian resturant didn't even do naan bread because it was so quiet. The water park was under staffed and dirty with tonnes on unsupervised children. I am glad we didn't visit in peak season because there just isn't the facilities to cope with a mass influx of tourists. We will not visit Eniscrone again

1 Thank Merky81
Ballina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Breath taking!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Enniscrone is fabulous!! Although only fifteen minutes away I do not get here enough. It has a lovely beach to blow the cobwebs off on a walk.

Visited December 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great family holiday spot”
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Fantastic beach, surf school, cliff walk, seaweed baths, several really good places to eat. That's why we keep coming back!
Even in winter the beach has lots of charm too.