“Great Place”

Amery, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Place”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Loved the views of the golf coarse. Ended up eating there also and the food and service was wonderful.

4 Thank csalmon03

Sydney
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Enniscrone Golf Club”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a wonderful seaside course that beckons. I played the beautifully presented (and very different) Rosses Point the previous day and Royal County Down the day before that. Enniscrone was in wonderful condition and a lovely challenge. For those who have played Ballybunion in Tasmania, Australia, the influence of courses such as Enniscrone will be clear. This is a must play course for golf tragics.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Halcyon702
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A truly stunning links course”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Enniscrone golf after a wedding in the west of Ireland. We had never seen anything like it and were stunned by the size of the dunes and the sea views. The greens were perfect, fairways challenging and my golf bag was certainly lighter for golf balls after 18 holes. It was a golfing experience I shall remember and I hope to return there again and again. Both staff and members were welcoming and we had a lovely toasted sandwich and a pint of Guinness after our round. I would recommend this course to anyone who either has a lot of patience and a reasonable golf game! Overall big thumbs up.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank emma2739000
Ambleside, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One of the greatest places to play”
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Myself and seven friends played Enniscrone in early September, having already played Roses Point we were all expecting a course that didn't quite come up to Roses high standard, how wrong we were!! The course is a majestic mixture of natural sand dunes and skilfully designed holes. Unfortunately the week before we played they had done some work to the greens but they were still very good, with many very taxing puts to test the best of us. I would highly recommend a visit to Enniscrone it is one of Ireland's best kept secrets.

1 Thank andrew A
Blackburn
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Used to be my favourite still a must play venue”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Played on a recent holiday as part of the three course ticket with Rosses Point (aka Co Sligo ) and Strandhill great value if you can spare the time for three rounds. Enniscrone used to be my favourite course in Ireland before the monstrous overdevelopment on the road into the carpark took place and it became a little to sure of itself, rather like the American Pro, who casually informed me when I said I had ordered a buggy, that he knew but had let it go already. Top marks to you then, perhaps you should be renamed UnProfessional! The opening holes into the massive dunes and the closing holes are spectacular with stunning vistas and marvellous terrain, the course is less inspiring round the middle with a few weak flatter holes, including stroke 1 (drive and a 9 iron, try that at County Sligo ) although the green is tricky if you get in the wrong position. Unfortunately it battered down with rain on the back nine and the West Coast challenge was on, with two groups on most holes in front of us, so slow that we walked off after 16 holes. Do people really need to leave their clubs 150 yards behind them to climb a hill and look at the green rather than get a line off their playing partners, or walk back a full hole to ask if you have found their wedge? At its best Enniscrone can match Ballybunion it needs a good breeze a dry day and a three and a half hour two ball at most.

1 Thank SPG13