“Fabulous!”

Diamond Coast Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Enniscrone
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for one night recently. It was our first visit to the Diamond Coast Hotel and I was not overly impressed by the outward appearance but boy was I impressed when I entered! Everything about this place screams quality. The interior décor is fabulous with plush carpets and comfortable furnishings. The bedrooms are HUGE and ours had a gorgeous sea view.
We ate in the bar that evening and the food was first class with generous portions and excellent service. The staff were all polite and friendly and could not do enough for us. We shall be back for another visit at the first opportunity!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim M
There are newer reviews for Diamond Coast Hotel

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Has our staff christmas party here and also stayed over for a wedding we attended here in march, This a gorgeous hotel, rooms spacious and comfy, bar has a lovely atmosphere. So close to the beach. Shall def return

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Had a very pleasant 2 night stay at this hotel, room sizes are incredibly big and good value. Enniscrone is a great place to stay for a beach holiday with great surfing and the well known seaweed baths.
The only negatives that I can add are there is no pool or gym at the hotel and the hotel doesn't offer room service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ogradysirishbar
Reviewed 12 May 2014

just back from a brilliant stay at this hotel. we were made very welcome on arrival, the staff were very friendly and you could have a laugh with them. the food was absolutely delicious and the restaurant staff were very attentive, the bar area was very comfortable and the music was good. the rooms were very big and spotlessly clean , great power shower, flat screen tv , hair dryer, iron and safe . would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return

Room Tip: try get a bck room if traffic noise bothers you as the road is quiet busy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My girlfriend and I came here for valentines weekend and my personal experience was really enjoyable. The staff could not do enough for you and the location is really nice and quiet and found which is exactly what we wanted at the time. The food is nice and the craic is good in the bar area when there is events on. Pleasant and enjoyable experience would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Just home from an amazing Easter weekend in this fab hotel .. This is the second trip to the hotel over the last 12 months and before I left I rebooked for over the 12th July Break.
There are no faults to list the hotel is beautiful facilities excellent and family rooms are large and well equipped. The staff are pleasant and nothing is too much trouble what can more could you say?
We availed of the weekend offer with the 'coast roast' which was delicious and all kids were happy and well feed by the end . Value for money and excellent value for money go hand and hand with this hotel. The weekend was made even more special by the Easter egg hunt and the missing Easter Bunny !
As said already planning a return visit but definitely will do the same break over Easter here 2015 Hopefully!!!

Room Tip: all rooms excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had never heard of The Diamond Coast Hotel, and to be honest, considering the deal I got, I wasn't expecting much. 2 nights B&B in a Family Room big enough for four children and two adults, plus an evening meal for everyone - all for 185 euro over the Easter holidays. I expected the hotel to be very mediocre. How wrong I was! From our first glimpse of The Diamond Coast we were impressed. It is situated just outside the quiet town of Enniscrone which has a fantastic white-sand beach. Our check in experience with Joanne was excellent. The biggest surprise was the room. With a large family, I am constantly disappointed by cramped 'family' rooms, that are really just a double with extra beds pushed in. Not the case here. Our room was ENORMOUS! Two double beds and two single beds, and loads of space left over for the kids to run around. Great bathroom, tea/coffee making facilities (with loads of biscuits!), multi channel tv - it even had blackout curtains, though we didn't realise that until the next morning when our four year old complained about getting up at 8.30 because "it's still nighttime"! The evening meal on our package was a "Coast Roast", a novel idea for feeding a family, which involves a large platter with a whole roast chicken, masses of stuffing and roast potatoes, and a gravy boat. It was accompanied by big bowls of vegetables and champ. I've never seen this family style dining offered anywhere else and was very impressed. We were looked after by Aisling, who was also present at breakfast the next morning, and went out of her way to make sure we wanted for nothing. Breakfast was another great meal, and all the staff were more than friendly, asking us if we were enjoying our stay and if we needed anything. We had dinner in the bar on the second night, and it too was very enjoyable.
Another major bonus was the FREE kids' club. I have been charged up to €15 per child in other hotels. In The Diamond Coast, the activities are clearly displayed (as are their policies regarding small children needing to use the bathroom, which is another thing I've found lacking elsewhere, and has been a factor in my not allowing my children avail of some kids' clubs). The club runs from 5 - 9.45, with a movie for the last 90 minutes. The girls who run the club, Francesca and Sarah, were wonderful - really interested in the children and so friendly.
There is absolutely no doubt that we will return to The Diamond Coast. Tremendous value, wonderful staff, great rooms.

Room Tip: We stayed in a large family room, which accommodates 2 adults and four children. There is plenty of...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Aingeal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscrone
Ocean Sands Hotel
#6 of 9 in Ballina
Twin Trees Hotel
Twin Trees Hotel
#5 of 9 in Ballina

Been to Diamond Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!