“Mediocre at best.”

Diamond Coast Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Enniscrone
“Mediocre at best.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Food was bland, apart from breakfast which was great. The safe hardly worked at all. We couldn't get through to reception the first night we stayed so we spent the night with not enough pillows, we spent 2 hours waiting on a hairdryer the second day and the last night we couldnt sleep because there was a wedding party that had overflowed into the car park and the windows we too crap to keep out the noise. Really enjoyed enniscrone but we won't be staying at the diamond coast when we go back.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Eamonnn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have stayed here on a few occassions and absolutely love it.

Rooms are so modern and clean. Bed is sooo comfy. Staff are so helpful and friendly.

Food in the restaurant/bar is lovely.

Location is very good also, just a small stroll to the town/beach.

Will definately be back again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JDMjordan
Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The is a modern bright hotel in an excellent location. Our check in was efficient and courteous, our room spacious and spotless. We booked three nights with dinner and the food was memorable.
There is no pool or spa facilities which we were aware of, but the weather was kind and the lovely beach at Enniscrone was a delight. Golf club is also next to the hotel and
Ballina a twenty five minute drive away.

Negatives...wifi only in the lobby area.

We would certainly return.

Room Tip: Rooms can lack air flow and don't really have a view if the beach.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank QualityIrelandlady
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here at the end of July for two nights b & b one evening meal included, paid in full on checking in - however the receptionist who checked us in did not book us a table for restaurant and did not give us voucher immediately, didn't even mention it! We had to rectify this later on with another receptionist. Our first room was beside an elevator shaft and we requested to be moved, we were moved promptly to another room - beside another elevator shaft! Had to ring reception and request to be moved again! Room was spacious and clean although decor is a little dated and toiletries in the en- suite are scant- this hotel must have been built during the boom because stud walls divide the rooms ( I could actually hear the guest in the next room snoring!) , not to mention the racket coming from the bar downstairs - drunks singing till 3 and 4 in the morning - there was a family reunion on the Thursday night and a wedding on the Friday! Left this hotel more exhausted than when we had arrived. The wifi is non existent in the room ( we were in 131) and the safe didn't work. We didn't want to complain about the room again as we were made feel that we were putting staff out - one receptionist was cheeky enough to remark on how we had been getting 'a tour' of the hotel after our requests to switch to a room without an elevator beside it! There is no pool or gym on site in the hotel and no direct access to the beach ( I estimate about half mile walk away).

We had the meal on the second night in the restaurant and I was very disappointed - I ordered the smoked coley and sea bass but a plate of very bland salmon and cod was put in front of me - to be honest I could have cooked something better myself at home. The plate was dropped that quickly in front of me I didn't have a chance to call the young waiter back as he was off in a flash! After numerous attempts of trying to get the attention of the waiting staff to correct the error I gave up and ate what had been placed in front of me. Not once during the meal did the waitress ask was everything ok with our meal! When the waitress came back I made my complaint and she went to get the restaurant manager. I explained to the manager that I wasn't informed that the coley and bass was off the menu, I wasn't asked if I'd like to order something else off the menu and had to put up with whatever the chef had decided I was going to eat - very unprofessional of a chef to do this to a customer! He/she either didn't care or assumed I was too stupid to be able to tell the difference between salmon and coley and cod and sea bass! You don't assume what someone else will want to eat - have manners and ask them! The manager was very pleasant and apologetic and went to get us two complimentary glasses of wine and said she would check what had happened to my order. We waited for an explanation to be forthcoming however it never arrived!

To be honest this just is not a 4star hotel and anyone who thinks it is should try staying in an actual 4star like Carton in Maynooth, the Seafield in Wexford or the Radisson in Cavan - these hotels provide the 4 star luxury they boast

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Carladonnelly
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Anthony and I would like to say a huge thank you to the Diamond Coast for a fantastic wedding reception and weekend. Lots of our guests from England and Limerick were blown away with the hotel, the service, the food and the friendly staff and not to forget the late night/early morning residents bar! The staff couldn’t be more helpful and accommodating all our guests really loved it and a few mentioned coming back again. Anyone thinking of having their wedding here I would highly recommend it. I did all the arranging from London and Mary Clarke made everything go very smoothly and nothing is too much trouble. Thank you so much from Anthony and Clare.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Clare F
Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just back from a night at Diamond Coast Hotel. Great value for any Wed night. B & B,.four course evening meal and social dancing for only €65 per person. Food great, staff so friendly and helpful. Seaweed baths next morning in the village. Will be back

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just back from a weekend in Ireland golfing, having stayed two nights at the Diamond Coast Hotel. There was 8 adult males in total.

The rooms were large, comfortable and clean. Plenty of space to house our golf kit and clothes.

We got a great rate on the hotel taking a deal that included full board, and a round of golf. We had breakfast and dinner in the hotel both days and the standard was excellent.

The bar and restaurant staff in particular were so friendly and helpful, providing us advice on where to go for evening drinks and organising the transport for us to.

The only small negative was the WiFi. There is a free connection available in the hotel, but it is very slow. We found this a general issue wherever we were in Ireland so perhaps not just a problem for the hotel.

All in all, this was a great place to stay. Food, service and rooms were all very good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enniscrone
Ocean Sands Hotel
The Ice House Hotel
The Ice House Hotel
#2 of 9 in Ballina
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,272 reviews

Been to Diamond Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!