“Awful experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awful experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Ive been to this farm many times as I live close by, but today was quite and staff were limited, I arrived with 4 children and all doors and gates were locked and I knew a way into it through were the cafe is and so decided to go that way till I found staff to take my payment, we sat in the courtyard there for around 25/30 mins and still nobody arrived, then my 2 year old stumbled on the very uneven ground and almost knocked himself out on the cobble stones! I was frantic and really upset as my son was crying in pain and getting limp, I asked in the cafe for an ice pack of some sort to which he said "we have no ice at all or ice packs" I couldnt understand this as its a part of health and safety regulations!
I then asked if he could run a cold cloth under the cold tap and he did and I returned to the courtyard and try to make sure my son was ok, his eye was swelling up very quickly and then a manager approached me (daniel) and asked if I had any tickets, I told him not yet as we couldnt find any staff, he proceeded to tell me that my son wasnt insured to be on their grounds!...I told him we hadnt yet entered the farm and we sat on the benches in the courtyard for 30 mins waiting to pay, but it seemed this manager only had one thing on his mind "they were trying to cover their own backs" which I understood but my son was in my arms in excruciating pain and I didnt care for nothing he was thinking or saying, he argued, raised his voice, frightened my kids, threatened to call the guards if I didnt leave and never once offered any help or sympathy towards me or my son, I told him my son was really sick and I am in distress and all he cared about was removing us...he also asked why we snuck in !!...I couldnt believe his words, we sat on that courtyard for half an hour, me, 4 kids, a double buggy and bags and a loaf of bread for the ducks!!...im not sneaking anywhere with this load!
I ended up having to take my son to hospital.
I posted this complaint on their facebook page yesterday and a foto of my sons eye (very badly swollen and black and blue) and some people commented after it, they removed them all!!
And I also pm them and they wont reply or show any remorse or apology for daniels actions towards me and my kids!

2 Thank browngettindown
NewbridgeAdmin, Manager at Newbridge House, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
These are the facts, supported by our CCTV, regarding the incident this reviewer refers to above. A member of staff approached a girl who was climbing over our gate to access the farm. He asked if she wished to visit the farm and said that climbing over the gate was dangerous. She said she simply wanted to visit the toilets only. She went around to the coffee shop and was admitted to the farm by a woman and two children who accessed the courtyard when some other public were leaving the farm. While in the courtyard a young child with them fell and on approaching the coffee shop staff they were given a cool cloth to put against the child’s bruise. The family then proceeded to enter the farm. They were then approached by a member of staff offering first aid and enquiring after the condition of the child, and asking if they would like to fill in an accident report form. This staff member also pointed out that the family had entered the farm without purchasing a ticket, despite being offered assistance to purchase a ticket earlier. Every assistance was offered to the family and the little boy but they left before they could be offered further assistance. We also offered to call an ambulance but they declined this offer. Because we pointed out to the family, despite being asked earlier if they required a ticket, that they had entered the farm without paying we and a member of staff have become the subject of a hate campaign. The family were offered every possible assistance by our staff.

Dublin, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

The tour round the farm is exceptional with all the animals, but the yard with the Lord Mayors coach in gold and the really old fire engine is great. See the rooms the people had to live in then and the old kitchen- an eye opener.
Tour of the house is great, but depends a bit on the guide you get. Ours was fabulous and the tour was worth every penny.
Children will love the farm and also the playground outside.
Best feature; the peacocks in the garden, where do you see them nowdays??

Dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fab day!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

My partner, my 2yr old daughter and I went to the park on Sunday. We have been a few times before but we only ever went to the playground and then home again. The weather wasn't great Saturday but we decided to do a lap of the park, it was great, we got to see all the animals. We brought along a picnic in cased the weather stayed dry and it did, we stopped beside the sheep and geese and had a few sambos! I couldnt believe the amount of animals to see without paying into the farm itself. We havent gone into the Farm before so I'm not sure what else is available to see if paying. The playarea is great for kids but can get very busy (queuing for slides/swings etc) its split into different areas depending on the age of the children. The little coffee shop is a lovely area also, As previous post mentioned could do with updating, also could do with keeping stocks up a little as I found most of the items I asked for Saturday were sold out (Not a bad complaint from their side!) I would defo recommend this park!! There is also a special BBQ area which I cant wait to use in the summer!!

Dublin, Ireland
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Steeped in History”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Off the beaten track, this property is ida pleasant surprise. Built in the mid-1700s, it is so full of furniture and curiosities, it practically feels still lived in. In a way, it is. The last of the Cobbe family still have private rooms here. To a history and architecture enthusiast, this place is a treasure. There is far more to see here than at Powerscourt or the Casino at Marino or Cellbridge or Malahide Castle! Newbridge House gives you a real feeling of going back in time, and the kitchen is stuffed full of curiosities. It's a pity the place has not had the injection of capital other Georgian properties have enjoyed. The entrance fee is minimal and the tour guide is very knowledgeable, and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The coffee shop is a little disappointing - it's frumpy and the food is not well-presented, and that's a pity because the visit was so enjoyable and the place seems to need money badly!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Marie S
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“A real gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Love coming to Newbridge with our two year old. From all the animals on the farm to the playground and helpful staff it never disappoints no matter what the time of year. If they could upgrade the café it really would have it all!