“Oceana Spa” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Portmarnock
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Oceana Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Love this spa! Stopped in while on a visit from the US and had an amazing facial with Linda. Came back for a mani/pedi and loved it. Staff was great, and very knowledgable about skin care. Wish I had time for makeup - they were doing up another client and she looked lovely.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SMagner
PortmarnockHotelGolf, Guest Relations at Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review and we will be sure to pass on your kind words to the staff in Oceana.

The Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I had the pleasure of staying in the Portmarnock Hotel for a wedding recently. Angelica at reception was just so lovely and friendly on check in. Our room had amazing views, which we were so lucky it didnt rain. We were in the modern section of the hotel. The Seaview Lounge have a nice waiter named Shane who was so polite and good to us. Food was a little slow to arrive but the view made up for it. Shame that they dont make a veranda outside to soak up that beautiful sea air.

My husband golfed and he raved about it. I went to the salon (there is no pool which is a let down but not that I would use it anyway!). I had a lovely and deep massage by a girl named Linda. She was so good as I truly hate when you dont get a good massage. I booked my husband in with her the next day! She gave me a list of what to see and do in the local area & DUblin which I thought was a nice touch. I could have stayed chatting to those girls forever as they made you feel part of the family. I just floated out of there - happy! Oh I should mention these girls were unreal for the wedding - I mean it was a madhouse and they handled it so well...I loved the brides makeup and what they did to the lil bridesmaid was so appropriate and adorable! They kept everyone so calm it was a sight to behold.

The dinner was good - although I did enjoy our nights out in Malahide better. Guido is a little Italian star in the Jameson bar which is like stepping back in history. He was a hoot! Oh I forgot a lil lady named Mary Jo - she was just a lady to us. So accomodating! She was at breakfast -- which was really nice - although widen my waist a good bit hehehe.

We relaxed and enjoyed our stay and the glorious Irish hospitality. I would indeed stay again and have already recommended it to my friends! Thanks so much to everyone.

Room Tip: Oh the sea view for sure. But the golf was nice too.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mc h
PortmarnockHotelGolf, Guest Relations Manager at Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We want to start by thanking you for your wonderful review, it is always a pleasure to read such great reviews. We will, of course, pass on your kind words to all the staff, especially the staff you have mentioned. We hope you enjoyed the wedding and we cannot wait to welcome you back to the hotel again,

Our Kindest Regards,

Bangor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights on business.
During the entire stay I had limited or little Wi-Fi. After I notified reception, there was still not improvement for the three nights.
On the first night there was a party outside my window on the terrace and I was kept awake until 2.45 am. I notified reception and still it went on!
I booked online and had to pay €10.59 deposit, and when I arrived I had to pay the full amount of €276.41, as I was told that my visa debit was not acceptable so I had to charge any extras separately. I have never in my entire life travelling on business that my card was unacceptable to charge further extras.
Based on this experience I would not recommend this hotel for business.

Room Tip: Do not get a garden view room if the weather is really good.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Traveller F
Dear Guest,

We wish to thank you for taking the time to review our property with your most constructive comments and we were disappointed that overall we did not meet with some of your expectations. As mentioned in our letter sent to you on the 2nd July, our WiFi speed is continuously checked throughout the day and night and we have passed on your feedback to our internet supplier. We apologise profusely for some of the disturbance you experienced on your first night. In relation to your payment method, as already highlighted in our letter and in the confirmation details attached to it no other charge were applied to your card. We hope that your recent stay with us will not deter you from returning to our resort in the near future.

Tennessee, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We loved our stay at Portmarnock. The view was to die for. The hotel situation was close to amenities but far enough away. Your ten min from airport, ten from Dublin city. Only complaint was seaview lounge service was a little slow.

Special mention to the salon for their kindness and suggestions on what to do in area, as well as best damn massage I've ever had. I was back twice

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank rockygoode
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and we hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. We keep coming back because of it's location and the view. We enjoy the walk from Portmarnock to Malahide and back.

I had the best cappuccino I've ever tasted especially when we just came from Paris .... . I suggest to check this heavenly coffee made by Shawn, the bartender.

Food is great. We enjoyed their breakfast buffet and dinners.

Staff is helpful and friendly.

Rooms are fine and price is comparable.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Amanda K
PortmarnockHotelGolf, Guest Relations at Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind review. It is always great to hear such good things. We will pass on your kind words to Shawn and we hope we can welcome you back soon,

Angmering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Excellent Staff, nice rooms, good breakfast choices and panoramic views from our bedroom contributed to make this a most enjoyable stay. Modern décor enhanced by the shoreline gives the bar area a lovely vista to look out to. Good parking and an superb place for golfers. The course is first class. In all a very good package.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lee N
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for your wonderful review and we hope that we can welcome you back in the very near future.

ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

First impressions are good, reception staff helpful and friendly, check in was quick and hassle free. the room was lovely, decor fresh and clean, lovely view from of the golf course and the sea, we had a deluxe room, well worth the extra. Staff are friendly through out the hotel and being able to sit outside was great as the weather was kind. Can t comment on the restaurant food but breakfast was good, bar food was just ok, four star hotels should not be serving skinny fries as a side for any dish or frozen wedges as an alternative, supposedly chunky chips?? This would be the only negative I could find with this hotel and the only thing letting the hotel down. The location is good and the area around is lovely with plenty of walks and drives, lots of good restaurants to be found in Malahide though its a shame you have to go out to eat, nice relaxed atmosphere in the hotel with golfers coming and going all day, has a good holiday feel about it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank woodyIreland
PortmarnockHotelGolf, Guest Relations at Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We Would like to thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your say with us and we hope we can welcome you back to visit us soon,

The Management Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portmarnock
Grand Hotel Malahide
The Croke Park
The Croke Park
#5 of 153 in Dublin
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,278 reviews

Been to Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links? Share your experiences!