“Nice links experience”

Portmarnock Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Host to 18 Irish Opens. This 18-hole, Bernhard Langer-designed links golf course is one of the best in Ireland.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I played Portmarnock last May on a sunny and virtually windless day, some pretty unusual weather conditions as per Steven, my valuable caddie. The course is located on a pretty flat piece of land, a very different set up than The European Club played the day before. It’s not very spectacular from a visual perspective, but it’s well designed and provides a very good links experience. Portmarnock is not my favourite course among the eight we played across Ireland during this trip (competition is fierce!), but it’s where I spent more money at the proshop. :-)

All my pictures are available at following link : http://tinyurl.com/ng92atb

Reviewed 29 July 2014

There are no words to describe these course. I was lucky to be play the course for the dutch junior team in 1972

1  Thank Michiel N
Reviewed 10 July 2014

For only EUR45 you get to play some real links golf next to the sea and next to the championship Portmarnock course which is 3 times more expensive. Being a 22 hcp, I belive this is the better choice.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My father and I played Portmarnock a little over a week ago. I liked the layout of the holes but it was bunched together more than Royal Portrush. Caddies were adequate but not as good as other courses we've played in Scotland and Ireland. A fine course but not my favorite.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Portmarnock golf club is one of the best courses in Ireland. It is a pleasure to play. The staff are friendly and the food lovely. It is a tough links but fair.

1  Thank ceefax56