“Nice/Convenient”
Review of Pebble Mill B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malahide
Pebble Mill B & B
Ranked #5 of 10 Malahide B&B and Inns
Cocoa, Florida
“Nice/Convenient”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Big room with small bathroom (weak shower). But the tea service was nice. Hosts were very nice and breakfast was great. The main road is very narrow, so if you're renting a car and not used to "wrong side" you might want to avoid driving in this area. Close enough to Dublin without the city hubub. Poor selection of eateries or grocery stores nearby, so go prepared. Downtown was quaint and nice, but again, driving was a nightmare and parking...well, wear good walking shoes!

Room Tip: No noise issues - not on a main road. But the light in the backyard made it hard to go to sleep.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
The Netherlands
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We located this B&B on Trip Advisor and liked what we saw & read about it. We were looking for weekend getaway from Dublin.

Since we had hired a car, we were not so concerned about public transport access. Pebble Mill seems however to be well accessible by both public transport (from Malahide & Dublin) and by car. The B&B is located on a very nice large well maintained property, close (not walking but driving distance) to the Malahide castle. The surroundings are open, with horses within the property and a well manicured lawn in front of the B&B that enhances its elegance.

It is also close to Dublin Airport and is on the flight path as planes come in to land. It may bother some guests but we did not find it intrusive or disturbing, even though the idyllic tranquility of the surroundings is marred by the sight/sound of the planes.

Monica and Pat are energetic and friendly hosts. We arrived later than our booked days due to my wife´s health, but the hosts were extremely accommodating & considerate to our last minute change. We were given a large family room (with 4 beds) that was well appointed. The bathroom/toilet was rather cramped, but manageable. Breakfast was served in a nice room and was sumptuous even for vegetarians with fruits, cereals and eggs. There is also a large living room available for use of the guests.

By car, Malahide Castle, was an easy driving distance. The village center itself is rather small, with a couple of nice pubs and restaurants. Monica suggested we park at the station parking (24 hours for approx 2 Euros) which was a very helpful tip for an open ended time planning, for a carefree stroll though the village and for the coastal walk to Portmarnock. Similarly her tip about parking near Malahide Castle was also very helpful.

All in all a very pleasant stay. We would strongly recommend this B&B. Thank you Monica and Pat for a very nice stay. Usha, Ram (The Netherlands) & Priyanka (Google-Dublin)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Travel-Baron
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I traveled together with my family, husband, parents, brother and his girlfriend and a 11 month baby. Pebble Mill was ideal for all. The rooms are enough big with a baby also. The beds are very good. The bed for the baby was also super, our baby slept from 10 p.m till 9 a.m. The breakfast is excellent!
When we first saw the planes, which are flying very low over the house, I'm afraid about a big noise in the night, but we have not heard anything.
The pet store on the corner is fantastic! Make a stop there.
If we travel again to Dublin, we will sure choose Pebble Mill again.
Thanks for the beautiful time!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Albany, NY
Reviewed 5 June 2011

The owners were pleasant and welcoming, but did not go at all out of their way to provide me with any recommendations on restaurants or local sites. For example, I was told, "There are about 30 restaurants in town and they are all good. Just walk around and see what appeals to you". The room was very small and everything seemed a bit worn. I was glad to leave the next morning.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank highdune
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2011

Having spent several days in/around Dublin on our previous visit to Ireland, on this trip we were in Dublin only 1 day in order to catch our flight back to the States. On our previous visit, we had stayed in Malahide as it was convenient to Dublin and the airport and decided to do this again, but in a different B&B for the sake of variety.

In researching B&B's, I liked the location of Pebble Mill in that it looked to be in a quiet area outside of Malahide yet with good access via the bus to Dublin. This turned out to be exactly the case. We arrived at Pebble Mill around noon and dropped of our bags. Pat explained where the bus stop was (just a couple blocks up the road); where the bus would drop us off (near Abbey Theatre); how to signal the bus to stop; and how much the bus would cost. (Note:The fare is 2.30 euros per person, no change given and no bills taken. So, for example, if you are paying for 3 people, you can't give then a fiver and change.) We soon left and spent all day and well into the evening in Dublin.

As we walked to the B&B from the bus stop around 11pm, we heard several airplanes flying in/out of the nearby airport. It was pretty loud and I wondered if that went on all day. If it continued after we got into bed, I never heard it and slept quite well.

Our room was a good size, but the bathroom was quite small. The beds were comfortable and the windows had good shades for blocking the early morning sun. Unfortunately, I was awakened at 7am by the sound of a nearby barking dog. I did see a dog on the property the day before, but I don't know if this was the dog that woke me up. In any event, the dog barked a long time, however, it didn't wake up my spouse. (I'll admit I am a light sleeper.)

Breakfast was good with a nice pitcher of orange juice and a bowl of cereal to start with. I don't eat cooked eggs, but Pat brought me a nice banana and a block of cheddar cheese in lieu of the cooked breakfast.

Although we did not spend much time at the Pebble Mill B&B, I would return here if my travels brought be back to this area because of the friendly hosts and great location.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank longhorn74
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 15 November 2010

What a wonderful retreat for relaxing and touring Malahide and surrounding area. Close to airport for arrival or departure from Dublin.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2010

I found this B&B online and was pleased with my selection. It is a very lovely house with very cozy rooms with large windows. The owners were very friendly and very helpful with information on where to go and how to get there. We were there Easter weekend and left very early Easter morning. The night before we left Mrs. F. brought a big chocolate bunny up to our room for my 10 year old granddaughter. She also gave her an apple so that she could feed one of the horses. This is a beautiful country location that is located only 5 minutes from the bus stop that takes you only 15 minutes to get downtown Dublin. You have the best of both worlds. Lots of parking and it also has wireless internet service. They also have their own garden. Hope to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank CCHFlorida
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malahide
Grand Hotel Malahide
Island View Hotel
#2 of 2 in Malahide
Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel

Been to Pebble Mill B & B? Share your experiences!