“Great experience”

Ranked #1 of 10 Malahide B&B and Inns
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed overnight on Sunday and spent Sunday afternoon and evening in Malahide which was very busy and great fun. We had to be up early in the morning and despite breakfast being advertised 'from 8.00' they were happy to serve us at 7.00. Breakfast was excellent and so were the rooms. Gerry and Eithne were really nice and a great help.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed overnight before catching an early flight back home. We had a nice room although the duvets were small and it was hard to stay covered. A large breakfast with lots of options - fruit, cheese, meat, yogurt, full Irish cooked to order. A sign said not to drink the water in the bathroom: they provided water bottles but we forgot to ask why we weren't supposed to drink the water. Short-ish walk from the downtown area.

Compared to the other B&Bs we stayed in, it felt like we were in someone's house (stuff sitting around, dogs in and out). It wasn't bad, just a little different.

The best part: 15 min drive to the airport!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This was a good location
Malahide is on a good commute line to Central Dublin
The room was clean and tidy and suffice for our needs
The breakfast was hearty and Gerry was very amiable and knowledgable of the area and other parts of Dublin
Enjoyed the proximity to Malahide Castle and Grounds which enabled early morning runs in the safety and comfort of a beautiful park with no traffic
Malahide offers boutique shops, bars, restaurants
Malahide - a great place to stay!

Room Tip: We had a room at the rear of the property, no great views but we were not there for the views from t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Folly Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Gerry and Eithne run a lovely B&B. the breakfast was hot and fresh, the beds are warm and cozy and Gerry and Eithne are fun and filled with joy. I enjoyed their music, signing, their stories about Ireland and their knowledge of how to get around. The castle lodge is close to the train which makes for easy travel into Dublin.

Room Tip: No pool and no fitness center but in a great neighborhood close to a park filled with trails. All ro...
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This was my third stay at Castle Lodge B&B (so you know I like it!!!) the hosts, Gerry & Eithne are delightful! The service is wonderful & the accommodations are clean, comfortable & cuddly. It is a short walk to the downtown area, the beautiful seaside & the castle. I always look forward to this visit, like seeing good friends again!

Southbridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Gerry and Eithne are so genuine and loving, it was like being welcomed by a beloved relative I hadn't seen in ages. They went WAY out of their way to make sure we had every little thing we wanted to make our stay perfect, even buying gluten-free bread for my morning toast and special yogurt to accommodate my allergies. Gerry and his friends sang traditional Irish songs for us (what a blast that was!) and we really enjoyed sitting out back around the fire in the evenings. Eithne graciously helped me order fantastic Thai food for dinner when I was too tired to go out, meaning that she basically ordered it for me, as I couldn't understand the irish/oriental accent of the fellow I was talking to on the phone! What a delightful stay! I would definitely stay there again and recommend others to do so as well.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just returned from Ireland travels and my second opportunity to stay at Castle B&B (the first time was two years ago). In that time, nothing has changed. The accommodations are just as lovely, comfortable, clean and welcoming as my first go 'round.

What I'd like to share about mainly is what you CAN NOT find at other B&Bs... Gerry and Eithne as your hosts. These two made my stay special on both visits with their genuine care for my comfort, my well-being, my travel plans and most spectacularly, my strange souvenir requests. You see, my husband stays in the US but always requests some obscure gift be brought back. This time it was a road bowling ball, which incidentally is a sport practiced in County Cork (aka... the other side of the country).

While I was out on a day-trip, Gerry and Eithne set out to research, locate, find and arrange for transport of the strange steel ball. I'm summing up here, but understand this endeavor consisted of MANY phone calls, the recruiting of traveling friends to purchase and transport the ball and then a drive to the other side of Dublin to pick it up and deliver to me the night before I departed.

Our hosts behaved as if this was all "no big deal" but I assure you this was ABOVE & BEYOND at its finest. If I ever have cause to visit the Dublin area again, you can bet I'll choose the lovely seaside village of Malahide and the treasured company and care I know I'll get at Castle Lodge.

Thanks GERRY & EITHNE

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malahide
Grand Hotel Malahide
#4 of 7 in Swords
White Sands Hotel
White Sands Hotel
#2 of 2 in Portmarnock

Been to Castle Lodge Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!