“Lovely meal. Really like the 2 / 3 / 4 course idea”
Review of The Greedy Goose

The Greedy Goose
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Malahide
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Food was lovely. My beetroot and cheese "feta cheese mousse, apple and rocket salad, toasted pinenuts, honey & mustard dressing" was lovely if somewhat lacking in pinenuts....followed by gorgeous chicken pate though would have preferred a little more 'bite' or zing to the strawberry and black pepper chutney, which was for me, a little too sweet....and though disappointed with my lamb have to confess I should have read the menu properly as it wasnt as I expected but exactly as advertised with greek salad & mint yogurt. My husband had the soup (tomato and very tasty but strangely arrived along with another course?...) his Slow Roast Sweet & Sour Pork Belly which was scrumptious, followed by cheese fritters which were nice (I'm not crazy about Blue Cheese ) and his turf and surf (panfried tiger prawns on sirloin steak in sambuca sauce) which was divine. Staff were lovely. Wine was nice. Reasonably priced. Lots more choice for next time and for me more time on the menu! Definitely recommended!

1  Thank msfitz222

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Tapa's and a la carte, tapas are served separately so you can enjoy each course, excellent selection on menu, lovely view over the Malahide marina.

1  Thank Red19762014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

It had been a while since I was in The Greedy Goose, but I went there last weekend with my wife and friends. When it introduced it's "tapas" style menu a few years ago, it was a great innovation: three "small" courses instead of the normal starter/main: excellent food at decent prices. Over the years, my impression is that it had become a little jaded, with the quality of both the food and the service waning slightly.

However, I was glad to see that both the food and the service were back to their prime. I had some deep fried blue cheese, fish cakes and an excellent pork, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Eveyone in our party were also very complimentary about the food and the service was very good.

After a relatively long hiatus, I will be back again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I recently went mid week to the greedy goose. it was my first time to eat there and had been recommended by my daughter. We arrived at 6.15 for the early bird menu (which was very good value) and the restaurant quickly filled up, which was a good sign for mid week. The food was really tasty and the staff were very attentive. would definitely eat there again.

1  Thank BerMac2013
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had the early bird menu here recently. Great value. The choice of dishes was great. Each was a smaller size than expected but was beautifully presented and delicious. Thai fish cakes, chicken/bacon/clonakilty pudding and fish and chip salad. Too stuffed for desert. A good glass Malbec washed down a great meal. Wonderful window views over the bay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Piece of magic in malahide. Will be back again!