“Eclectic menu - decent food”
Review of The Greedy Goose

The Greedy Goose
Ranked #5 of 54 Restaurants in Malahide
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Eclectic menu - decent food”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

They have menu with a "pick three" at several price points. I like this approach and had a few enjoyable meals here using this menu option. They also have a traditional menu if so inclined.

Good service, decent wine list, so works for me.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Red-Badger-22

Dublin, Ireland
“Gone downhill over the years”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have eaten in the Greedy Goose many times over the years. We hadn't been for about a year because we were left disappointed the last couple of times we ate there. We decided to give it another chance and returned with our friends for a special occasion.
My friend called to make a reservation and was shocked at the attitude on the phone. We needed at table for 7.30pm. The waitress said that we couldn't because they needed the table back for 9pm. My friend explained that some of the party are in work until 6pm and it would be impossible to get there for 7pm. The waitress said she'd put us in for 7.15pm even though my friend explained that we needed 7.30pm for a reason. We were considering calling to cancel and giving our business elsewhere but decided that it could just be one bad member of staff. I think we all feel that we should have taken our business elsewhere.
I knew immediately which waitress my friend had the conversation with as we have had many bad experiences with her. She is an older waitress and usually grunts at us but will give lots of attention to any table over 50 years of age. Apparently their money is more important than ours.
The food was nice, but didn't blow us away in the slightest. Some of the portion sizes are extremely small and it seemed that some dishes are substantially larger than others. I understand this is inevitable but maybe they should have notes on the menu to denote a bigger dish. Mainly for the hungry husbands who seemed to order dishes that were on the small side.
We were surprised to see that at 9pm there were plenty of free tables. All of the difficulty on the phone and insisting the table was back at 9pm was for nothing! Our table wasn't needed at all.
Overall it wasn't a great experience and for €170 for four people with one bottle of wine I would expect more. Plus I wouldn't expect that my husband would have to have a toasted sandwich when we got home!!!

2 Thank daenis_dub
Dublin, Ireland
“Expectional Food at such reasonable prices”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Myself and my partner have more or less ate in every restaurant in Malaide over the years. But this was out first time to vist The Greedy Goose. Caroline was excellent in explaining how the menu worked. The food was exceptional. I felt like we were in a fancy fine dining restaurant, but the prices were so reasonable. We will be back soon as we want to try other things on the fantastic menu. The staff are so friendly and helpful. 10/10 Fabulous experience.

1 Thank littlelucky15
co dublin
“Lovely meal. Really like the 2 / 3 / 4 course idea”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Food was lovely. My beetroot and cheese "feta cheese mousse, apple and rocket salad, toasted pinenuts, honey & mustard dressing" was lovely if somewhat lacking in pinenuts....followed by gorgeous chicken pate though would have preferred a little more 'bite' or zing to the strawberry and black pepper chutney, which was for me, a little too sweet....and though disappointed with my lamb have to confess I should have read the menu properly as it wasnt as I expected but exactly as advertised with greek salad & mint yogurt. My husband had the soup (tomato and very tasty but strangely arrived along with another course?...) his Slow Roast Sweet & Sour Pork Belly which was scrumptious, followed by cheese fritters which were nice (I'm not crazy about Blue Cheese ) and his turf and surf (panfried tiger prawns on sirloin steak in sambuca sauce) which was divine. Staff were lovely. Wine was nice. Reasonably priced. Lots more choice for next time and for me more time on the menu! Definitely recommended!

1 Thank msfitz222
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent menu and food”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Tapa's and a la carte, tapas are served separately so you can enjoy each course, excellent selection on menu, lovely view over the Malahide marina.

Visited May 2014