“Not Great service...”

Cuisines: European
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I was recently here for a family members birthday, and was told by many people how amazing this restaurant was and that their food was to die for and that the staff were fantastic, therefore I was really looking forward to our meal. However that was not the case!! The restaurant is lovely but up 2 flights of stairs so not great for buggys, the food was good but not amazing but the service was terrible!! We were waiting far too long to be served & to receive our food, we had a 2 year old and I had to ask the waiter 3 times for some bread to occupy her while waiting on her dinner and still never received it, had to ask a number of times for drinks for the other kids at the table but the best had to be the waiter giving my starter to someone else at the top of the table who said that it was theirs, then as I was the last at the table without a starter he gave me the one he had left, and when I said that was not what I ordered, he answered with "Oh well someone up the other end of the table said it was theirs sorry" he didnt offer to get me a new one of what I had ordered, he just stood their and as I didnt want to make a scene at someone elses birthday I took this seafood dish (which I would NEVER order) and ended up giving it to my husband. The tea & coffee was given to us about 15 mins before our deserts which I wlways thought was the other way around!! To be honest I would have no interest in going back their again, maybe it was just a bad day for our server but I think 3 and a half hours for a birthday lunch it not right.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Visited recently for special occasion. Early in evening so quiet initially but customers arrived consistently to make a pleasantly busy atmosphere. Service excellent, friendly and efficient. Food was excellent. A thoroughly pleasant experience. Price, good value for money, definitely not for those sticking on tight budget but not over the top either. Will be returning for more!

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I have lived in Malahide for 5 years and have always been meaning to go to Ciao, but since there are so many really good restaurants here, it was hard to steer away from my known favourites...until today. My wife and I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary by going to Caio and they exceeded my expectations. The Seafood Ragout was perfect, with excellent presentation and the Roast Beef was perfectly done with, once again, an amazing presentation. The service was very good along with a seaside view on a bright sunny day. I actually couldn't ask for anything better. I will be back...soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

This was now my 5th time eating in Ciao and I am very impressed each time. The food and service are excellent and on par with any 1 star Michelin restaurant in the are. However the reason I only scored a "Very Good" is the lack of hygiene on the way up the stair case and the way menus are presented. The dessert menu is falling apart, main & wine menu are sticky and scruffy. Just a little more attention to detail and you would be one of the best.
Anyway, thanks for such wonderful food & service. Keep up the good work. Oliver

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Great food,excellent service a real treat.Had seafood for both courses and was beautiful.We only got one dessert between us as were pretty full.When it came out the dessert was divided in 2 giving both of us a sample a really nice touch.I plan to return very soon