“Lovely relaxing break”

Grand Hotel Malahide
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Malahide
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This hotel is so lovely, the staff are friendly and professional. Our room was great, a corner family room overlooking the leisure centre, the beds and pillows were very comfortable. lovely coffee and tea tray in room, bathroom well equipped and spotless.
We booked a two night stay and one evening meal. The dinner was served in the lovely dining room overlooking the coast. Our waiter was very nice and the feeling was relaxed. The meal was excellent, I had a vegetarian option and it was the best I have had for a long time.
I feel the stay was very good value and although we did not get to visit the beautiful leisure centre on this occasion( many of my family members who live in the area are members) I do intend to return. I can understand why the hotel is busy, it's a real gem, Thanks to all staff who contributed to our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank marie186346

Reviewed 29 January 2014

my wife and myself stayed at the grand for 2 nights from sun to tue this was the 4th time we stayed at the grand in the last 2 years we usually take grandchildren with us lovely old hotel but we found this stay to be less enjoyable room had very noisy radiator when we reported this to reception we were told someone would at it I am not sure if this happened or not as it was still noisy the next night we were not offered another room which would have been nice as the hotel was not that busy tv in room very dated great leisure centre lovely breakfast and were made welcome when we arrived would stay again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Seamus M
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Loved this hotel....pool is great for the kids, all very spacious. Room was just wonderful, we had a triple room with an extra cot and we still had loads of room. Hotel was spotless!! The only thing that grated on me was the bar - got a bit noisy when they were serving the carvery and the bar entertainer wasn't that good, along with the tv on at the same time (the husband was annoying me as well at the time so that really didn't help matters!!)

Breakfast buffet was brilliant - although there are two buffet stations - the one that is up beside the hot food section has more on display which was a bit disappointing if you are seated at the seafront part of the restaurant! The jams especially were fabulous for the toast and the seafood chowder served in the bar (as stated by the hubby) is one of the best he has every had (and he;s an expert on seafood chowder!!!)!!

Highly recommended! Can't wait to go back

Room Tip: Our room was located over the reception area, the only downside to this was that occasionally we cou...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We only booked this hotel as it was a short drive away from the airport, and what a find,the staff were pleasant and very helpful, food was good and fresh, room was clean, beds comfortable, and the location was great for little strolls along the promenade and into town where there was plenty of other eateries and bars.
Would have no hesitation in returning, in fact looking for an excuse to do so.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here the night before we flew out. The town of Malahide is a great place if flying home the next day. I think it should be visited regardless but excellent choice if you need to be close to the airport. The hotel staff were super friendly and helpful during the check in and out process. Also, the location near the water and right in town is perfect! I also enjoyed the fact that parking was free. I would definitely select this place if flying out of Dublin again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Traveler_at_Heart_09
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here in January to attend a wedding. Really comfortable large room and very comfortable bed in lovely location. Breakfast very tasty and hot which makes a welcome change to some hotels. Staff very friendly and helpful. Very good price. Booked direct with the hotel

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DeniseBr1
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed here for two nights during a conference. The reception staff were very attentive. I only had lunches as I skipped breakfast both days and we had dinner out on both nights. The lunches were presented in a cafeteria style and were very good indeed. The staff were great here too. The room was spacious and everything worked. The building is a bit of a maze though and I think I used a different route to my room every time. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a good view of the bay
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malahide
Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
The Croke Park
The Croke Park
#5 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Grand Hotel Malahide? Share your experiences!