“Dublin Airport stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Malahide
Georgetown
“Dublin Airport stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just had a two night stay at this hotel and I was impressed. Our package included breakfast both days and dinner one evening. Room was a recent new addition to the hotel and it was well appointed with an unusually large bathroom for this class of hotel. Breakfasts were reasonable as was the dinner, but the method of adding supplements to the menu prices was a bit confusing. The most annoying issue was the cost of WiFi for guests. Not many hotels I've stayed in recently charge for WiFi. The hotel does offer guests 30 minutes of free WiFi but that is pretty much useless on a two night stay.
I would use this hotel again (the hotel is 20 mins from Dublin Airport) but travelers beware of the added prices on the dinner menu especially if one purchases the dinner package and the cost of WiFi which honestly is frustrating.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the second floor with numbers in the 250's. This block apparently are the newer...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

First of all I choose the hotel for the location and for that it was perfect. Room was ok but expected to pay for wifi. The breakfast room looks as if it hadn't been decorated since the 70's. Would I go back. NO

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vjmcdonnell
Port Moody
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Recently on a 15 day bus tour in Ireland and this was the hotel for the start of the tour.
We were there for 2 nights paid for by us and one by the tour. My first surprise was how far out we were from Dublin - 11 miles I believe we were told. The taxi driver took advantage and it cost us 30 euros - found out it should have only cost 22!
Nice location - beautiful ocean side walkway steps from the back door. It wanders down to the village of Malahide. The hotel has several options for dining - only one was a great deal and that was The Carvery, That room should be open for more than few hours a day - food was phenomenal and reasonably priced - probably the most reasonable of all places we stayed!
The buffet breakfast was good and all seats in the dining room offer a great view!

Our room was off a small corridor so it was very quiet. We did go down with our tour voucher on day three and were told we would need to move - which is silly for one night. The front desk clerk was very kind and did manage to shuffle things so we could stay where we were.

We were going to attempt to head in to Dublin to see some sights not on our tour but in the end we decided to go see Malahide Castle and Gardens.
Stunning gardens and the castle and tour were ok - but the most fun we had all day was riding the little train called Toots around town. Michael was a hoot and he made several interesting stops - nice day for sure!

Room Tip: Sea view would be awesome!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank QPW
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights to take part in a family wedding being held in the hotel .cannot fault anything relating to the wedding everything was perfect .my only complaint would be the WiFi only 30 mins free in 24 hours.I would have expected in a hotel of this size to give more free wiifi..we were also charged 2 Euros for a swimming cap which is compulsory . It lacked facility for children could have had a board games area.

Room Tip: All rooms are very clean ,we were in room 168 on the first floor,it faced onto the car park but was...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vodkabluue
Bremen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Dear Grand, I have stayed with you loads of times and you you will always be my first choice when going to Dublin, but I really think you should consider some TLC for the rooms by now. Charging for W-LAN these days is out-of-touch. Also the food in the bar is not as good as it used to be. But that said you make me feel like coming home every time I stay.

Room Tip: You could end up in a massive two double-bed or in a broom-room size one with views to a wall. Be cl...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank claudiamP5195WD
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We had an excellent stay the staff were extremely friendly and experienced the lady cecelia I think her name was, was extremely helpful and polite we were extremely happy going up to our room with her help, however I did go down to reception when the night receptionist was on and I wasn't sure of his name but I asked was the rooms smoking rooms by any chance to save me the walk down to the front door and he said 'all the rooms in the hotel are none smoking rooms" and if there is a smell of smoke in your room in the morning there will be a 75 euro charge.. As a guest asking a question I felt like your hotel will be checking up on us in the morning.. I didn't ask the hotel clerk was there a charge and I very annoyed about the situation I was put in.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Irishpaul90
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we were flying in for a railtour and Dublin Hotels were fully booked due to a concert. The Grand Hotel was a short distance from the airport and a beautiful hotel right on the coast. You can walk on the beach or walk to the town of Malehide which is quaint with many good restaurants and pubs; After the long flight over this was a relaxing choice before we started our railtour to Galway. We took advantage of the pool and spa during our stay which was wonderful. The breakfast buffet was excellent. We will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NYvirg1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malahide
Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links
Island View Hotel
#2 of 2 in Malahide
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
The Waterside House Hotel

Been to Grand Hotel Malahide? Share your experiences!