“Lovely Area, Short Walk to Town, Beach, Train”

Grand Hotel Malahide
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Malahide
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Our touring group of 45 stayed for 3 nights and a smaller spinoff group extended an additional 2 days before connecting to a river cruise. The only complaint is the WiFi charge. There is limited free access at a very slow speed. For 30 Euro, it can be upgraded to a "fast" connection for several days. It was hit or miss and not that fast when you could get it. Other than that, the room was great, staff very efficient, friendly, and helpful. The breakfasts were very good with seating to enjoy the water view. It's an easy walk into town for restaurants and to catch the train into Dublin, which many of us did. It is only a 20 minute ride to the airport, and at 4am no traffic. We had some nice walks along the water and into town. We ate in 3 restaurants (Nautalis, Giovanni's, and That's Amore - check out those reviews for good places to eat). Be sure to go to the Malahide Castle (also reviewed), which is about a 15-20 minute very pleasant walk. Overall, a super hotel used by families for reunions and wedding receptions. I would have given it 5 Stars if it had better & free internet. Who really charges for that now!?!

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor overlooking the main entrance where buses pick up and drop off trav...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barb J
Write a ReviewReviews (1,636)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was our 3rd time staying here and hopefully not our last.,We ate in the Coast restaurant and the food was excellent, the staff very attentive a special thanks to Aine and Rafal for looking after us so well.The whole hotel has comfort in mind and lots of lovely places to sit and watch the world go by, which we did, assisted by Richard from the bar who provided a bit of craic, and great service.
The room was clean and spacious altough we had no view, but then we are well aware that not everyone can overlook the sea. I would advise that you put the Do not Disturb sign out as 2 mornings we were woken by room service before 9am.The only problem we found was the room temperature ,there was no air conditioning and it was very warm at night.
All things considered a really enjoyable stay and can fully recommend the Hotel and the town of Malihide which is a 2 min walk from the front doors.

Room Tip: Worth requesting a sea view, if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OSUWASHMAN
Reviewed 9 July 2014

SERIOUSLY...no phone or email service unless you pay premium prices per minute! And without any prior warning. We booked months in advance with no mention of these additional charges. Each day the story changed about what they would charge us without any prior warning of any changes. The Grand was the last of 11 hotels in our 4-week tour of Ireland. ALL of the other hotels provided free wi-fi service. Thankfully the Grand "money pit" wasn't the 1st!

Room Tip: Don't book unless you have a bottomless wallet!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Edna D
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed in the hotel whilst visiting relatives so the only meals we had here were breakfast which were adequate. I asked if I could have gluten free bread and it was quickly brought to our table by one of the friendly staff. Our room was on the third floor and we had a fantastic view of the Estuary. Our room looked a little tired but was clean. I will certainly be staying here again this year!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Beautiful Hotel in the lovely village of Malahide. I can't say enough good things about this Hotel, the location is excellent, the food in The Coast Restaurant is just fabulous as was the breakfast, the standard rooms are very spacious and exceptionally clean, the whole Hotel and grounds are very well maintained.

All the staff we dealt with were very helpful and professional. This is a Hotel you will return to again and again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra Q
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here twice in June. Our room, our breakfast, the gym/pool and location were great.
All the staff we had contact with with were great except for a snappy female (irish, blond hair and wears glasses) on reception. I had left my room without my key, my error, on going to reception to ask for a replacement key, I gave my name, arrival & departure date, to which I received a lecture on security, theft, etc. the whole time I was holding my drivers licence ( photo ID) - the lady was having a bad day and wanted to pass this on..... :-/
This lady was my only negative experience of the Grand.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank g'daypatrick
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from our stay at the Grand was there celebrating my birthday.we were upgraded to an executive room the views over the harbour amazing. My only peace of feedback is i like to take a bath but if you want yo wash your hair you have to shower as well a shower attachment would be good. The service was outstanding staff always willing to help. Breakfast could be be better the area it is served in was small and cramped. The food in evening was
excellent. The hotel is in
great location easy to get
into Dublin. I will be back to the hotel i the future.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Tracey S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malahide
Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links
Island View Hotel
#2 of 2 in Malahide
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
The Waterside House Hotel

Been to Grand Hotel Malahide? Share your experiences!