“Well pleased!”

Grand Hotel Malahide
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Malahide
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Lovely 3-night stay in this 'Grand' hotel ... made all the more special having a room with a view out over the sea. First time there and will hopefully be back sometime. Food was excellent ... plenty to choose from for breakfast and had a meal in Matt Ryan's bar which was lovely. Room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. Staff most helpful and pleasant ... nothing too much bother. Malahide itself is just a beautiful place to visit - lots of places to eat out, shops to browse and great for walking around the marina and beaches. Only a short distance by DART then into Dublin city centre which worked well and Portmarnock and Howth are only a short drive away ... also nice places to visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Roberta M
There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Malahide

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have been back to the restaurant a few times, but yesterday has to be the best. We went with our 1 year old and Maria the attendee has to be the best. She has served us a few times and it has always been exceptional. She was very observant and helpful with our baby making sure that her food was out quickly. We only went out for the main course and ended up having all three with drinks, My husband was loving the Guinness. The bar was extremely packed. Would like to thank Maria again for making us definitely feel at home

Room Tip: Side of the hotel looks onto the beach
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here in July 2014....fantastic! The staff were helpful, meals were amazing and the room was very clean and comfortable. We were able to walk to the seaside and enjoy the beach (picked up some seashells) and then walk into town. I needed help from a staff member and she went above and beyond to help me out. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Ireland. It was also very close to Dublin so we could go into Dublin in the day and return to Malahide to enjoy a relaxing evening at the hotel and wandering around Malahide.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed with my wife in June 2013 on Bed and Breakfast offer.
I found the hotel and adjoining Spa very nice with friendly staff.
Room was in the new part of the hotel so we had no faults with the room at all, I also availed of the free use of the Spa facilities and found the swim and steam room was just the ticket before going for breakfast.

They only negative point was on arrival at 3.30pm our room wasn't ready, but if we wished we could pay for an upgrade of 30 Euro's we could have a room straight away, I thought this was a bit of a scam and asked as my with wife at this time was 6 months pregnant and tired from our trip down to Dublin could he not waive the charge for the room but his was a no go, the scam is obviously well scripted and know allowances given....

Room Tip: If you have time make use of the Spa
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Grand for 2 nights and had a most enjoyable stay.
We stayed in the Executive Wing and I would recommend this category of Rommel as the room is spacious and I believe all rooms have a sea view.
The buffet breakfast was excellent and the dining room has a lovely outlook over the harbour!

Room Tip: Book an Executive room, it is worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in July, our room was ok nothing special but we loved the location of the hotel, only a two min walk to the village with several bars and restaurants. We used the leisure facilities once and although they where very nice you have to go out of the hotel and across the car park to reach them. We had dinner on one night on the hotel restaurant which was very nice with lovely views over the bay.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Probably the worst hotel I have even stayed in.From the moment I entered the foyer I dealt with a lady who to put it by another reviewer..friendly to blantantly passive aggressive.
The room was so small you couldn't swing a cat in it.
Then to top off our one night stay...the restaurant...my god what a hell hole...I never experienced staff like it in my life,amateurs at best and that's been kind...been told basically to hurry up as the kitchen is closing is unacceptable.then as we were served we got a grunt...yes a grunt,and for desert we got a get out of the restaurant look.I will never in my life go near this hell hole again even if I was given a two free stay.
Bad staff
Average food
everything is a money grab
Dated rooms
Breakfast..they forgot..what more can I say
DO NOT STAY THERE
Room 166 03/07/2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mark b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malahide
Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel
The Croke Park
The Croke Park
#6 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Grand Hotel Malahide? Share your experiences!