“second attempt”
Review of Scotch Bonnet

Scotch Bonnet
Reserve with OpenTable
Scotch Bonnet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 55 Restaurants in Malahide
Price range: US$11 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We provide great food and service in a family friendly restaurant. We offer an extensive menu from our famous Wings, Ribs and Burgers to the freshest Seafood you can find. We pride ourselves on sourcing fresh local produce and can cater for all those special occasions in your life as well as your lazy days off! We are a child friendly restaurant but be aware any unattended children will be given an espresso and a free puppy! :-) We have daily deals from Monday to Thursday and have a great kids menu every day of the week. We serve Brunch menu on Sundays & Bank holidays. So come and try out the rest and see what were all about!
Reviewed 3 March 2014

So thought I would give them a second try, my last review was about a year ago on them. Its still too expensive for what you get. 16.50 for a burger with blue cheese and some thin greasy fries....

Burger was nice enough but about 4/5 euro to expensive.

Service was very slow..I had my food and no cutlery so I asked for some, and the girl said immediately then walked away came back 3/4 mins later with drinks for the table beside me, then went and got me my cutlery, so i was sitting looking at my food for 6/7 mins while it went colder.

Place is very nice, but the pricing and service do not match each other and need to be looked at.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had my fathers surprise 80th birthday here in November. Of the group of 10 the ages ranged from 15 to 80, and all had a great time. From the fantastic food to the excellent service and atmosphere, I can't recommend the place enough. Myself and my wife drop in for food on occasion also, and it's never let us down. Try the with wings for a real taste pleasure.

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Visited the scotch bonnet with my girlfriend and i have to say the service was good the waitress was very nice but thefood was a complete disgrace i got the beef burger which is advertised as "the best burger in ireland" it was freezing cold the cheese was like a lump of rubber the side of scotch bonnet sauce was lying out so long it had a thick skin.The chicken wings were average and at €15 a bowl with no sides i had to pay another €4 for fries. To be honest the nicest thing bout this restaurant is the mint sweet you get with the bill to get that horrible taste of grease out of your mouth.

4  Thank Erik D
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Food is lovely. Service is good. There are games for bigger children. It is a casual dining experience, but its expensive for the type of food that it is.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Attended a birthday lunch here (12 of us), first time to visit. I was suprised to read the poor reviews as my experience was positive, enjoyable and very good from start to finish. Waitressing staff were helpful, smiling and patient (particularly when one of our party said something out of order to a waitress). We didn't find the prices overpriced at all and my chicken burger was delicious. All the others at our party remarked on how they enjoyed their varying meals and if I was in Malahide again I would certainly opt for The Scotch Bonnet. Service was prompt and as I said smiling (maybe the recent poor reviews led to an improvement), but nobody in our 12 left there dissatisified, but everyone's opinion is based on experience so mine was certainly positive and enjoyable. A very decent little spot for me.