“Possibly the best Ribs ever!!”
Review of Scotch Bonnet

Scotch Bonnet
Reserve with OpenTable
Scotch Bonnet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 55 Restaurants in Malahide
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We provide great food and service in a family friendly restaurant. We offer an extensive menu from our famous Wings, Ribs and Burgers to the freshest Seafood you can find. We pride ourselves on sourcing fresh local produce and can cater for all those special occasions in your life as well as your lazy days off! We are a child friendly restaurant but be aware any unattended children will be given an espresso and a free puppy! :-) We have daily deals from Monday to Thursday and have a great kids menu every day of the week. We serve Brunch menu on Sundays & Bank holidays. So come and try out the rest and see what were all about!
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We visited on a Sunday night and enjoyed a good sized portion of the tastiest, juicy, fall off the bone ribs, homemade coleslaw, fries and a large glass of wine for just 15 euros. Not just a bargain but a amazing meal, great atmosphere and amazing service. We will be back!! keep doing what you are doing..its amazing!

There are newer reviews for Scotch Bonnet

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I previously visited this establishment on a number of occasions, being a resident of Malahide.

My experience was disappointing to say the least.

We had to repeat order 3/4 times to get drinks brought to the table, a table with 4 kids.
The kids food arrived though we were looking for butter for potatoes which took 15mins to arrive, the child’s food was cold by this time.
Drinks ordered were forgotten about and never delivered
Medium steak salad was essentially rare bloodied steak when we were explicitly told it would be medium.
The side of scotch bonnet sauce on my burger was lying out so long it had a red skin over it.

All in all this was the worst food/service I have experienced in Malahide in quite some time.

I will not be visiting again.

1  Thank mckeonr
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

This weekend (Sat 14th) I went with my boyfriend and experienced what could only be described as an awkward, tense and uncomfortable meal. The food was great and our server was also great. Our problem was with the restaurant manager who spoke to the staff members in a condescending, arrogant and loud manner. It was so uncomfortable that we even felt awkward asking for the bill at the end of the meal as his attitude seemed like he was doing US a favour (his customers). I will never go to this restaurant again due to the way this manager spoke to his staff, one girl seemed very new to the role and he was completely out of line and unprofessional in his "management" of her. I would not recommend this place.

6  Thank Orla K
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Good burger but definitely not the best burger in Ireland. The ribs were delicious but a bit expensive. It is still a nice place to go though.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have been there a couple of times now, with my wife, with Family and friends and each time it was a pleasure to be there. Great atmosphere and the staff is really great.
The portions you get are big enough and the deserts are fantastic.

If you want to have a good meal with Family and / or friends, want to have fun, the Scotch Bonnet is a good place to start :)