“Paddy's Day Dinner”
Review of Fowler's

Fowler's
Ranked #40 of 55 Restaurants in Malahide
Reviewed 20 March 2014

A group of us went tot get dinner here on Paddy's day. We got a seat easy enough but had to go upstairs where the atmosphere was a bit dead. The waitresses were quick to take our orders. There was a delay with that day that was in it. We shared chicken wings which were nice. Our main courses were not great. I ate a caesar salad. Nothing wow about it. Other people in the group had fish and chips and they said it wasn't great. I Understand that with the day that was in it, that the staff were busy but it doesn't mean that the food has to be average.

There are newer reviews for Fowler's

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Nice pub, pleasant atmosphere, good simple pub food. Staff friendly and good location in Malahide and reasonably priced.

1  Thank irishgirl38
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Had Christmas drinks in Fowler's this year. No problem getting a table for 4, even though the place was pretty busy when we arrived at about 8.30pm on the weekend before Christmas.

Although I live locally, this is the first time I've visited since the place was done up under its new ownership (formerly known as Smyth's). It has been transformed successfully into a popular, modern pub with a good atmosphere - no intrusive, noisy background music, so you can hear yourself talking, even when it's quite full. And the service to the tables was good too.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending it for any social gathering.

1  Thank Suburban_Couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Retirement party for my colleague. Worked in Malahide years ago when Fowlers used to be Smyths. All changed since then. Really funky pub. Got some platters of pub grub ( was grand. Platters never show off any flair or ability ) would really like to go back for a good night out in malahide

2  Thank Paul N
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Visited a few times for a drink & thought it was great so decided to try the food on a Sunday afternoon I had the beef stew served in a giant bread roll which was very bland in flavour & my girlfriend had chicken wings that looked more like sparrows legs !! Tasted like rubber ! Great pub but awful food !