“Fabulous. Highly recommended.”

Heatherview Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 10 Malahide B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I was treated like an old friend from almost the moment I rang the bell. As it was October I had assumed I could just arrive and hope for the best and I was lucky - lucky that I found such a good place. Maura was immediately attentive without being intrusive and she shared her immense local knowledge willingly. The rooms are almost perfect - large and comfortable - the my ensuite was a little cramped but nonetheless workable. I later met Jim and shared a cup of tea with him and chatted about all manner of things. I stayed two nights and the reception got warmer and warmer. As I had an early start, they packed a breakfast for me and it lasted for most of the day as I just ate a bit at a time. But it was the quality of the packed breakfast that surprised me. To say that my stay was wonderful would be understating my feelings considerably. Thank you, Jim and Maura.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank David L

Reviewed 7 September 2013

We stayed here on the last night of our trip, before getting a ferry early the next morning. We were leaving at 6am, and the proprietor said he would leave a breakfast basket on our bed before we got back from dinner. We were very impressed with the size and quality of this. We were also left a map of the quickest way to get to the ferry terminal! The room was large and clean, and the shower was very good and also clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mjdavies29
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I last reviewed Heatherview in 2007 but I have stayed there every year since my first visit to the Dublin area. I would think of staying no place else. When we arrived on this visit ,Jim Halpin, the proprietor greeted me with a warm "Welcome Home." Indeed it does feel like returning to the familiar surroundings of a home away from home. I have taken several of my daughters and numerous friends to Malahide for varying lengths of time, and each time, from everyone who has ever accompanied me the reaction is the same. Wonderful people, wonderful accommodations, wonderful location. Jim and Maura are incredibly knowledgeable of all things pertaining to Ireland in general and their area in particular. They are willing and eager to share this knowledge but are never intrusive. I arrived home yesterday but I am already planning my next trip "home."

Room Tip: No bad rooms at Heatherview.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank TimWhitmore
Reviewed 23 April 2013

This was a great B&B for our last night in Ireland. The rooms were large and clean. The walk to town was a bit of a hike on foot but an easy cab ride. We had an early flight but Jim and Maura left a huge bowl of fruit, yogurt and cereal for us. Jim also gave us quick and easy directions to the airport taking local roads and avoiding the motorway. Great choice for a place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank fishyflier
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Lovely people, good breakfast. Room clean but cold as heating is turned off at night. Good knowledge of area and restaurant/pub recommendations. Malahide worth a visit, castle tour etc. Owners love to share stories!

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank Hananable
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Jim and Maura go above and beyond the hosts duties. Extremely lovely people and very welcoming to their home. They are genuinely interested in you and your travels.
Has great local knowledge which they are very happy to share.The room was lovely, bed comfy. They organised a taxi for us as well as preparing an early breakfast tray. They also have a bus stop roght outside there house. Awesome. Look foward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Room at front was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Julie P
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Me & my partner stayed here for 4 nights 21st June 2012 & absolutely loved it. We got the heatherview the day before we travelled as all the hotels were booked and I'm glad they were! The hosts jim & maura were lovely very nice, polite & helpful & made our stay very pleasant. We were given a besutiful room with a kingsize bec huge built in wardrobes and an ensuite shower room. every morning we were served egg bacon sausage beans with toast tea and orange juice and then a basket of fruit with yogurts brown bread and jams. Our rooms were cleaned and towels changed everyday. Anyone that faults this b&b I simply can't see why! we definetly be returning again. 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: June 2012