“Feel like home. great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Malahide House

Malahide House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malahide
Malahide House
Ranked #9 of 12 Malahide B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Feel like home. great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

I stayied in Malahide Guest House in July 2012. Rosemary is a funny, friendly, superorganized host lady. She and her family staff are simply great and makes you feel like home. Me i had a very particular situation, and i was really stressed all that period: but thanks to Rose and her family I could "survive" to alla that external pressure and smile at the end of each day.
Everything in Malahide Guest House is fantastic: very clean and confortable rooms and superb kitchen (nothing less then what a very good hotel offers you).
I suggest you this place, it's a nice quiete little village, really close to Dublin (it's 20 minutes by train).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank FabianaItaly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

My husband and I spent a very enjoyable few days in Malahide, Portmarnock and Howth in September 2011. We were based in Malahide House where we were treated like family by our hosts Rosemary and Declan. Rosemary couldn't do enough to make our stay pleasant and comfortable. From the moment she met us she advised us of all the interesting places to visit e.g. Malahide Castke, Portmarnock beach and Howth. Also facilities available like Par 3 Golf at Maahide Castle [she even lent us golf clubs]. Also the best eating houses and shopping areas. Until we got our bearings Rosemary acted as our Sat. Nav.. She even brought us places in her own car. Each morning Rosemary made us a delicious breakfast. Coffee and biscuits were available 24 hours a day in the conservatory which was the separate entrance for guest accommodation. Our bedroom was a good size and overlooked the garden. The bathroom, while not large, was adequate for our purposes. Everything in the house was spotlessly clean. All in all we had a very pleasant break and would recommend Malahide House to anyone.

Room Tip: All rooms good
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Perpetua1947
Bloomsbury, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

Rosemary Hetherton is a wonderful , cheerful hostess who is ready to stop whatever she is doing to make your stay the best it can be. Although we didn't take her up on her offer, she even volunteered to come pick us up in her car if we chose to go pub hopping. The B & B rooms are in need of some freshening up, but there is an excellent reason for why it hasn't been done that is too long to explain here. The rooms are clean and very spacious and have the advantage of no stairs to climb! Our daughter's bathroom was huge, ours was tiny with the mirror over the sink almost impossible to look into, so if you need a large bathroom, ask for it. The beds in our room could have used new mattresses, but we slept well. Can't comment on the breakfast because we got up early and had a very light one because we were flying home, but what we did have was good, the presentation was lovely, and the breakfast room pleasant. The ride to Dublin Airport was short, about 15 minutes or so, and no hassle at all. Malahide Castle, from the 1100's has beautiful grounds and is a 5-10 minute walk from the B & B, and you can walk into quaint Malahide village as well. There were nice shops and good restaurants there. The property is very quiet. Wi-fi is available. Parking is conveniently located near the rooms and is free and ample.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank chateaurouxgirl
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

We stayed at Malahide House with our teenage daughter, son and girlfriend for three nigfhts. The facilities were excellent,. rooms clean and tidy with en suite convenience.. The breakfasts were outstanding with a warm Irish welcome which made our stay a memorable time. We stayed outside Dublin as we did not want the hustle and bustle of a city. Where the house is situated, just outside Malahide gave us the quietness at night, although just down the road is the centre of the village and we did enjoy a great night out there with only a short taxi drive back to the bed and breakfast. Thank you Rosemary for the stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank ruby061
Weybridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

This accommodation was recommended to me by a colleague who stayed there before when on business in Dublin. I did not want to stay in the city as I see enough cities on my trips and also wanted to be near the airport. I have to say this for me was a fantastic location and I loved the house and the couple who own it - Rosemary and Declan. I was greeted with warmth and the Irish hospitality you always hear about. I told my family about it on my return and am planning on booking a weekend for the the four of us to visit Dublin and stay in Malahide and in Malahide House. The village is a little distance to walk but not a problem for us. Definitly one I will be keeping on my list of places.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Beth099
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

I refer to the response of "shtraveller292", and was sorry to read their stay was not as enjoyable as mine.I have stayed there several times over the past few years on my trips to Ireland from Australia.I have the best memories of bright ,clean,airy roomsand lovely breakfasts!I love the fact that i can help myself to complimentary tea and coffee all day in a lovely conservatory.The rooms are very comfortable and I really like having my own bathroom!!!The breakfasts are a real taste of Ireland( I havent tasted a better fry up!). I also like being able to come and go as I pleasethrough a separate entrance ( like a hotel). Rosemary , the manager , always makes me feel very welcome and is always more than happy to help out with sightseeing and reccommendations in the town. I know Rosemary is trying to obtain ownership of the property to take the business to the potential that it and she deserves. I wish her well and look forward to my next stay.I have stayed in thousands of hotels and b+b s worldwide in 20 years as a flight attendantand I know when you find a gem , pass it on! I highly reccommend a stay here .

• Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2010

Malahide House is owned by a very nice and helpful person, Rosemary. The breakfast was good, Rosemary's advice and local knowledge was very helpful.
The room was another story. It hadn't been dusted for some time. Obvious water damage, tattered blind. balck mold on bathroom walls and on woodwork in the room. In desperate need of painting and remodeling. The porch outside of my window looked as if it was falling apart. Also, I had to kill aout 5 spiders in my bathroom. Fellow travellers had similar problems with their room.
This BandB is in a good location and has a wonderful owner. I would not stay here again unless it gets a remodel.... Sorry, but I should not have to play exterminatior on my vacation.

• Stayed June 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shtraveler292
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malahide
Grand Hotel Malahide
#2 of 2 in Malahide
Beechwood Country House
Beechwood Country House
#3 of 12 in Malahide

Been to Malahide House? Share your experiences!