“Delicious and authentic”

Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Malahide
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kajjal was opened by Sean Collender and Shoaib Yunus in October 2007 and has been warmly welcomed by the people of Malahide. Kajjal's aim is to provide a friendly and relaxed atmosphere where you can enjoy a consistently good standard of food and service. Kajjal is open 7 days a week from 12 till 11pm and offers great value lunch, every Sunday live music is on from 2pm to 4pm. Sister restaurants Kinara in Clontarf and KInara Kitchen in Ranelagh. Try our newly opened Italian Restaurant Michaels Italian in Mount Merrion.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This lively restaurant/bar serves up really delicious and flavoursome Pakistani cuisine. Good-sized portions, rich flavours and textures. We visit Dublin every year and this appears to have crept onto our must-do list every time!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I like all sorts of Asian food, with a special preference for the Indian/Pakistani cuisine and Thai food. So having heard excellent comments about Kajjal, we had to try it out. After 2 missed attempts due to illness, we finally made it last Saturday and it was definitely worth waiting for it. Efficient and friendly welcome and seating - pre dinner drinks came quickly and we had the time to finish them before the starters arrived! I can certainly recommend the monkfish with an intriguing well-balanced tamarind and garlic sauce, my wife was very pleased with the jumbo prawns. The spicy (hot) lamb dish on my side was hot indeed, but manageable without creating numb lips or binging tears to the eyes. Hot and spicy, but pleasant, flavoursome combinations with a lovely lingering aftertaste - the chicken on the other side of the table got also a big seal of approval. The sag aloo was of the best I have ever tasted (and tried it in Bradford, Brimingham, London...) pilau rice and naan bread on a par with all the rest and a well balanced affordable wine list of which the Australian Shiraz proved to be a choice that worked well with or food. Good, efficient and professional service, no mistakes in orders for food or drinks, an elegant and comfortable place to sit and dine... We had a great meal and will definitely go back.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have to admit i was very taken back to see Kajjal at the number one spot in Malahide. Such big competition in Malahide and for myself at my partner who experience Kajjal on separate occasions we both were left a little disappointed. Now in saying this don't get me wrong the restaurant is clean well maintain and set up nicely. Toilets were immaculate, always a must see for most ladies. Personally i found the restaurant to be flat.. no atmosphere no interaction from the staff if im been honest i actually found the gentleman who served me to be very unfriendly. Myself and a friend both tried to interact with him and ask questions and left us both shocked at his look and smart answer. Not knowing if he misunderstood i asked again and was for the second time taken back by his response. Little annoyed that we couldn't take our food away as we didn't finish it, as was not take away containers..For me i wouldn't be rushing back any-time soon. I Will say the early bird is good value. Food was nice. I wouldn't be voting it number one though.. Top 10 maybe.

1  Thank clairem8514
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We dined here expecting it not to match the reviews it received on Tripadvisor. Boy were we blown away. Outstanding from start to finish. Fantastic popadoms. Tikka masala starter with mint sauce was out of this world. The shrimp and lamb main dishes we had were beautifully spiced. Naan was wonderfully fresh and tastey. The bill came to 50 euros for two people. Brilliant overall- we will definitely be regular attenders here.

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a really excellent early bird menu here on a wed evening. Three courses plus usual poppadoms etc for 21.95. Early bird until 7pm. Approx four options per course except for dessert which is rice pudding or (very nice) ice cream. Superb tempura prawns as starter. Really nice atmosphere in very comfortable surroundings.