“High quality service in very pleasant surroundings.”

Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Macroom
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff. Efficient but yet relaxed atmosphere in the hotel. Very pleasantly refurbished, spotless rooms. Spacious car-park behind the hotel. Good food in restaurant. Pleasant little coffee shop at front of the hotel is an added extra! I would definitely recommend. Very convenient for walking in Gougane Barra and the Gearragh. And Killarney is only 45 mins away.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room, and got a very quiet room towards the back of the hotel. A/C was actually...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you very much for letting us and others know about your recent visit to The 4 Star Castle Hotel Macroom. We are really very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. I have shared your very kind remarks with all our team here, who are delighted to know your entire experience was so satisfactory. We are also pleased to hear you managed to explore and enjoy the beautiful surrounding areas, including beautiful Gougane Barra!
Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Castle again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

In agreement with the previous excellent reviews , most everything was perfect, including the reasonably-price bar food and the ultra-friendly staff. I've stayed there four times, and each stay has been up to this standard.

Room Tip: Don't forget to pop into TPs pub on a Saturday night ...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for posting your review of The 4 Star Castle Hotel Macroom. We are delighted to hear you visit to Macroom was so enjoyable. Our staff really do love to hear about our customers' experiences and I have passed on your very kind remarks to them.
We promise to continually strive to improve our product, so that hopefully visit number 5 will be even better!
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We have just been to stay here with our two babies and dog and it was a pure pleasure from start to finish. We had two rooms 124 & 125. My mum was also with us. From the moment we arrived the staff were excellent offering help with our luggage and arranging a table for our dinner. I have stayed in a few hotels around Ireland and the one thing that really stood out to all of us was the genuine friendliness staff of all the staff. The food was very tasty and as the weather wasnt great we didn't venture out and ate all our meals here, one thing thou the steak and scampi were a bit pricey,€25:50!! A bit too much we thought. however The fact they allow dogs was great,So this hotel will definitely be on our cards for a revisit.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience of The 4 Star Castle Hotel Macroom. We are delighted to hear that all those in your party enjoyed their stay with us and I have informed our team here of your very kind remarks.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you all back again in the not too distant future and maybe the weather will be kinder to you next time!

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Hi,
I had my wedding reception in this amazing hotel a few weeks ago, i have never met staff with such genuine kindness and attention to detail. They are so so kind and determined to make our special day even more special. The receptionists new our names and welcomed our families even all the noisey children!! The wedding party was able to have hair and make up done in the hotel and no way was the groom going to meet up with us. They even sent tea/coffee and chocolate bars to the room whilst we were getting our make over. We we came back from the church they were so welcoming. I really cant say enough about this hotel or staff, lovely hotel, fab food and the most genuine staff i have ever met... You are amazing and we will be back really soon for a visit. I would really recommend this hotel for a wedding reception..

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Wedding Experience at The 4 Star Castle Hotel Macroom. We are absolutely delighted to learn that your special day was so perfect for you. Our staff genuinely love a wedding day here at The Castle Hotel and we pride ourselves on taking expert care of our wedding parties and their guests. We'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing The Castle Hotel and we really do look forward to welcoming you back again soon for more special memories.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

On my third visit to this hotel I was, for the first time, given a room on the second floor. On previous stays I have been on the first floor. Now whilst the room was clean and comfortable it lacked the overall sense of warmth and comfort that I had experienced on my previous visits. Add to this that the room was right beside the kitchen extractor fan which was quite intrusive until turned off at about 10pm. It also gave me an earlier wake up than I would have wished!

Perhaps the earlier visits spoiled me but I was a little disappointed although, I suppose, all establishments have a "least best" room and someone has to get it. On the plus side food excellent and staff as friendly and helpful as ever. I would particularly like to make note that one of the ladies who works at breakfast time goes out of her way to ensure that anyone travelling alone feels welcome. I will get her name on my next visit.

Overall I would still rate this hotel very highly and will certainly stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you for your recent review of The 4 Star Castle Hotel Macroom. We would like offer our apologies relating to your disappointment with your bedroom on this occasion. We have made a note of your preferences and will ensure that your selected room type is allocated where possible on future stays. We are very pleased to hear all other aspects of your visit were to your satisfaction and thank you for rating us so highly. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Spent a week end at The Castle Hotel and found it to be a beautiful hotel in the busy town of Macroom. Room very clean and comfortable we had adjoining rooms my parents in their 70s in one room and my self and my 9 year old son in the other. The accommodation staff were very pleasant and help full through out our stay. The Recepition staff was exemplary and a fountain of knowledge on surrounding areas and went out of their was drawing maps to help us find places we had heard and wanted to see. The Chef is second to none and we ate both in the resturant and the bar and each one of us really enjoyed our meals. The breakfast was filling, a great selection on every thing. They have Tea/Coffee room there as well, full of fab cakes and home made bread. Pool was very nice my son loved it. All in all I will return and would recommend it highly they have lots of little treats to surprise you.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank you very much for your recent remarks following your visit to us at The 4 Star Castle Hotel Macroom. We are really delighted to hear you all enjoyed your stay so much and discovering the wonderful surrounding areas. I have passed on your very kind words to all our team here. We all look forward to hopefully having the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I cannot recommend this hotel enough, I just visited Ireland for the first time with my elderly mother and our stay was exceptional. Beautiful surroundings, lovely well equipped, clean, modern rooms, cosy communal areas and most of all wonderful staff. They were so friendly, attentive and all with a sincere smile, nothing was too much for them. Not once did we experience any slackness or bad attitude from anyone, just sheer pleasure and unlimited assistance. The food was excellent in the bar, cafe and restaurant with generous portions and reasonably priced and the choice for breakfast was amazing. This hotel is situated in the lovely village of Macroom with quaint and traditional shops and great friendly locals, I really felt at home and did not want to leave. I cannot wait to visit again and will definitely stay at the Castle hotel, I cannot think of a nicer place to be with so many other beautiful spots accessible from there. I highly recommend this hotel which is ideal for couples, families, business and all ages.

Room Tip: You get a lovely view from rooms at the front but a much quieter time if situated at the back doubl...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
CHCork, Public Relations Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Thank you very much for your recent posting and very kind remarks following your stay with us at The 4 Star Castle Hotel Macroom. We really do appreciate you taking the time to tell us and others about your experience. It gives us great pleasure to hear you and your Mum enjoyed you visit so much and in particular exploring Macroom and the beautiful surrounding areas. Thanks again and we really look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Macroom
Riverside Park Hotel
Sunday's Well
The Kingsley
The Kingsley
#5 of 23 in Cork

Been to Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!