“The Castle Hotel Macroom Co. Cork”

Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Macroom
Dublin, Ireland
“The Castle Hotel Macroom Co. Cork”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We are a Mens retirement club in Dublin 24.
Just before easter three of our members traveled down from Dublin to The Castle Hotel in Macroom Co. Cork.
They spent two nights there and they told us that they thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it from the time they arrived they were made to feel welcome by Kay McCarthy and staff they said the food was delicous well and presented.
The rooms were clean well laid out and very comfortable all three of our members said they will definitly return during the summer.
The only complaint they had was that they couldn't stay longer.
Dominic's Active Men's Social gives this hotel a BIG thumbs up!
Liam K

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
CHCork, Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for telling us and others about your group's visit to The 4 Star Castle Hotel Macroom. We love hearing about our guest's experiences! I have shared your very kind comments with all our staff and we only hope that next time you really do get to 'stay longer'!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Connemara
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I have stayed at The Castle Hotel on a number of occasions. For me this hotel is one of the best run hotels in the Country. I had the pleasure of meeting the owner on my last visit and I can now see where the staff good natured attitude comes from. Congratulations on a jib well done - its not often I get a chance to say this

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
CHCork, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review following one of your recent stay's at The 4 Star Castle Hotel Macroom.
We are thrilled to hear you found your stay so satisfactory and I will share your very kind comments with all the team here.
From The Buckley Family and staff, a sincere thank you for staying with us, and we all hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

Every year I travel to Macroom with a group of children from a primary school in the uk. I really can't speak highly enough of the castle hotel. The staff go out hire way to make myself and the children feel welcome. Bedrooms are spotless and well equipped with anything that you might need. The added bonus of the leisure facilities are great and would recommend visit. Thank you once again to ALL the staff at the Castle. Hope to see you all again soon :).

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Leeds11gd
CHCork, Front Office Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Buckley Family and our entire team, may I extend our sincere thanks for taking the time to share your kind comments about your Castle Hotel Experience.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and indeed the group of children.

We very much look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you all back again to Macroom.
Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

I'm am on the road a lot with work and over the past year have travelled the 4 corners of the island. I stayed in the Castle Hotel for 2 nights and had a great experience. The room was very clean and spacious, the food was excellent and what I found to be the best experience of my stay was the customer service. Every employee I past as I walked through the hotel lifted their head and acknowledged me. Very pleasant and friendly staff. Excellent service in the restaurant and bar. Very well run hotel and bar.
Next time I am in Cork with work I will travel that bit further to stay in the Castle Hotel. Thanks.

• Stayed March 2013
CHCork, General Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you for choosing The Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre for your recent stay in Macroom.

And thank you most sincerely for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests' comments before booking their own visits. In addition we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we might improve.

I have shared your very kind remarks and comments with all our staff and we hope you'll choose Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre the next time you're in Macroom.
co meath ireland
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I was very fortunate on St Patricks weekend to gather with 84 of my friends and relations in the Castle Hotel for a fantastic occasion this been my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary, from the moment we arrived in the door till the time we all left we were all treated to the highest of standards, I have never been looked after by any staff of any Hotel in the World the way the Staff of The Castle Hotel did, whether it was fetching boiling water for a babies bottle or taking wet coats to our rooms or having emergency last minute meetings to insure my parents Anniversary Party went of without a hitch, which it did, but it could never have happened without the dedication of all the staff, there was nothing else that could possibly have been done to insure that every member of our party was comfortable and had every comfort away from home, On behalf of my family and myself I would like to thank Kay (the groups organiser) for all her hard work and every other staff member that we came into connection with. The kitchen cannot be forgotten as the food was excellent and it is not always easy pleasing all of the people all of the time but in this case they did, so once again thank you, and anyone on a visit to cork needs to stay in The Castle Hotel and enjoy there hospitality.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
CHCork, Front Office Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Firstly may I thank you and your family for choosing The Castle Hotel for your very important Family Occasion. We were delighted to be part of something so special and very much enjoyed be a part of your event.
Many thanks for taking the time to share your opinion with others here on Trip Advisor. I have also shared your very kind comments with our team here at the hotel.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in years to come!
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Stayed here recently for 1 night.This hotel is really excellent.The rooms are nicely done and everything is spotless.We ate in the bar on the Friday night and the food was lovely.The staff really make this hotel and couldn't have been nicer.They allowed us a late check out at no extra cost.This is a great 4* hotel with staff and breakfast 5*. Will return.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for letting us know about your recent visit to The 4 Star Castle Hotel. We are delighted to hear you found it so enjoyable. I have shared your lovely comments with the team here and we all look foward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future!
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We are just back from a wonderful few days spent in the Castle View Hotel celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary. When we checked in the 1st room we were put in was a bit on the dated side, however after seeing on their website that they had some new contemporary suites I asked would it be possible to get one of these rooms instead (had to pay an upgrade charge), but it was well worth it. They allowed me go view the room and if I liked it then I could move to this room. The room was beautiful the decor was tastefully done, loved the room (think all the rooms should be done to this standard). Breakfast both mornings was excellent, good service and a good selection on all their menus. The hotel even surprised us with a beautifully presented desert with "Happy 1st Anniversary".

Couldn’t fault it for anything and the staff deserve the most praise especially reception which is rare for a Hotel these days. The night before we checked out there was a nice little goodie bag with homemade brown bread for us to take. Thank you to The Castle View Hotel for a wonderful weekend see you all again soon.

Room Tip: Would recommend if you stay at this hotel that you ask for the upgrade their new upgraded rooms are...