“The best week of our lives.... By far!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre

Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Macroom
Ware, United Kingdom
“The best week of our lives.... By far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

My new husband and I have just returned from 7 days in Macroom in the lead up to our Wedding Day at Gougane Barra. From the moment we made an enquiry for holding our wedding reception at the Castle Hotel until we left to return home, Vicki, Eileen and the team made every effort to ensure our special day was a perfect day to remember. Their hospitality and attention to detail is faultless. We do not know what we would have done without their care and support. The food and service they provided us and our guest was of the highest standards. All of our guests bar none had nothing but positive words to say on the service they received and the care the staff had put into our day. We have made many new friends amongst the team and will undoubtably be returning on our 1st anniversary next year - for which we cannot wait. I would recommend the Castle in a heart beat, whether for a weekend away or a special occasion. Every moment we have spent at this hotel has been an absolute pleasure. We are eternally grateful for all their hard work. Thank you so much. Ben and Sarah Jane Smith x

Room Tip: Every room is a treat... We have seen them all...!!! Chose this hotel and you will get a good room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHCork, Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Sarah Jane & Ben,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Wedding Story at The 4 Star Castle Hotel with us and all those on Trip Advisor.
It genuinely warms our hearts to read your very kind remarks and to learn that your wedding dreams came through in Macroom!
We just love wedding days at The Castle and we were so lucky that your event lasted a couple of days.
It was our honour to share such a special occasion in your lives and we look forward to keeping in touch with all your exciting news ahead!
Best wishes from all the team here.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Madona, Latvia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

unbelievable relaxing atmosphere -
staff at very high standard -
good choice on food and beverages -
pool is great, water quality is checked regularly several times a day -
strategically positioned on irish southwest -
lovely fields and landscapes

Room Tip: room 131 is pretty big and its bathroom stays above room level, with few steps to a relaxing bathtub
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHCork, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Guest,

We were thrilled to receive your recent posting and so pleased to hear your visit to The 4 Star Castle Hotel was so enjoyable. I have passed on your remarks to all the team here and we really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back one day in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We are a Mens retirement club in Dublin 24.
Just before easter three of our members traveled down from Dublin to The Castle Hotel in Macroom Co. Cork.
They spent two nights there and they told us that they thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it from the time they arrived they were made to feel welcome by Kay McCarthy and staff they said the food was delicous well and presented.
The rooms were clean well laid out and very comfortable all three of our members said they will definitly return during the summer.
The only complaint they had was that they couldn't stay longer.
Dominic's Active Men's Social gives this hotel a BIG thumbs up!
Liam K

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for telling us and others about your group's visit to The 4 Star Castle Hotel Macroom. We love hearing about our guest's experiences! I have shared your very kind comments with all our staff and we only hope that next time you really do get to 'stay longer'!
Connemara
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

I have stayed at The Castle Hotel on a number of occasions. For me this hotel is one of the best run hotels in the Country. I had the pleasure of meeting the owner on my last visit and I can now see where the staff good natured attitude comes from. Congratulations on a jib well done - its not often I get a chance to say this

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHCork, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review following one of your recent stay's at The 4 Star Castle Hotel Macroom.
We are thrilled to hear you found your stay so satisfactory and I will share your very kind comments with all the team here.
From The Buckley Family and staff, a sincere thank you for staying with us, and we all hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

Every year I travel to Macroom with a group of children from a primary school in the uk. I really can't speak highly enough of the castle hotel. The staff go out hire way to make myself and the children feel welcome. Bedrooms are spotless and well equipped with anything that you might need. The added bonus of the leisure facilities are great and would recommend visit. Thank you once again to ALL the staff at the Castle. Hope to see you all again soon :).

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Leeds11gd
CHCork, Front Office Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the Buckley Family and our entire team, may I extend our sincere thanks for taking the time to share your kind comments about your Castle Hotel Experience.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and indeed the group of children.

We very much look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you all back again to Macroom.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013 via mobile

I'm am on the road a lot with work and over the past year have travelled the 4 corners of the island. I stayed in the Castle Hotel for 2 nights and had a great experience. The room was very clean and spacious, the food was excellent and what I found to be the best experience of my stay was the customer service. Every employee I past as I walked through the hotel lifted their head and acknowledged me. Very pleasant and friendly staff. Excellent service in the restaurant and bar. Very well run hotel and bar.
Next time I am in Cork with work I will travel that bit further to stay in the Castle Hotel. Thanks.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHCork, General Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you for choosing The Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre for your recent stay in Macroom.

And thank you most sincerely for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests' comments before booking their own visits. In addition we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we might improve.

I have shared your very kind remarks and comments with all our staff and we hope you'll choose Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre the next time you're in Macroom.
co meath ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

I was very fortunate on St Patricks weekend to gather with 84 of my friends and relations in the Castle Hotel for a fantastic occasion this been my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary, from the moment we arrived in the door till the time we all left we were all treated to the highest of standards, I have never been looked after by any staff of any Hotel in the World the way the Staff of The Castle Hotel did, whether it was fetching boiling water for a babies bottle or taking wet coats to our rooms or having emergency last minute meetings to insure my parents Anniversary Party went of without a hitch, which it did, but it could never have happened without the dedication of all the staff, there was nothing else that could possibly have been done to insure that every member of our party was comfortable and had every comfort away from home, On behalf of my family and myself I would like to thank Kay (the groups organiser) for all her hard work and every other staff member that we came into connection with. The kitchen cannot be forgotten as the food was excellent and it is not always easy pleasing all of the people all of the time but in this case they did, so once again thank you, and anyone on a visit to cork needs to stay in The Castle Hotel and enjoy there hospitality.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHCork, Front Office Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Firstly may I thank you and your family for choosing The Castle Hotel for your very important Family Occasion. We were delighted to be part of something so special and very much enjoyed be a part of your event.
Many thanks for taking the time to share your opinion with others here on Trip Advisor. I have also shared your very kind comments with our team here at the hotel.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in years to come!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macroom
Centre
#4 of 23 in Cork
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,032 reviews
Fernhill House Hotel
#1 of 8 in Clonakilty

Been to Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!