“Five Days of The Finest Hospitality Ireland Has to Offer” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre

Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Macroom
Summit, New Jersey
“Five Days of The Finest Hospitality Ireland Has to Offer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

There are aspects of the hotel's location that immediately awaken you to the hard times these fine folk are enduring in the economy just now. A number of shops shuttered and a sense that the town has seen better days. However, with the vigor, kindness and sheer force of nature that the fine folk that run Castle are, Macroom will no doubt see better days and very soon. This hotel is an example of how to treat guests like kings. They bent over backwards whenever and however possible. I had inadvertantly been assigned a room next to some noisy vents - and they immediately switched it. However, I'd asked for a bathtub and they switched it again - with nothing but cordial compliance and kind smiles. The massage therapist was very good indeed and they have a room right on site for her to work her wonders. Eileen Lynch the first night i was there swept into my room like an Irish tour de force and regaled me with all manner of suggestions and observations and she was far from alone in being sociable, considerate, intriguing, entertaining and simply joyful about being alive. She passed me in the hall once, briskly going about her business and at the hall's end - out of view, I caught her singing a bit to herself and this - this in and of itself is a metaphor for the kind of spirit that infuses one and all I came into contact there with, including the wonderful Catherine. Eileen mentioned to me that there was a trad music session on the Tuesday night I began my stay. Lucky she did. I went to Doolin and to Dingle and despite their reputations for trad music centers, it was here at the Castle Hotel in Macroom that I had the best musical night of my entire trip. The room was spacious - it was incredibly comfortable from bed to luxurious lounge chair. The tub was perfect, as was the water pressure and the air conditioner was perfect for the warmer nights. Lastly, although I encourage no one to repeat my awkward actions, I flounced into my aforenoted luxurious chair and the lamp titled and the lampshade was crushed beneath my descending bottom. True it was not an particularly expensive lampshade but I dutifully reported it to the front desk and not one but eventually two fine Castlers poo-pooed my remunerating them for the lampshade. That in a time of great hunger in the land - one hotel I also stayed at had an architect working the front desk because times are so hard - impressed me greatly and please - do not test the theory by sitting on your own lampshade at your stay but be very aware of how kind and solicitous these people are. Even the little cafe connected to the hotel was great fun to pick up my coffees for my intriguing drives through the underbrush and driveways that make up the Irish country road system! Great experience indeed and do select them - perfect center to strike at the Ring and even as far north as Moher. I forgot to add how delicious and fortifying the breakfast was every morning.

Room Tip: Whatever your room, if you have a legitimate concern and are not simply picky to be picky, do bring...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank VikeSavoth
CHCork, Front Office Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Guest,

What a beautiful review of The Castle Hotel and our staff in Macroom! You are most kind to share your Castle Hotel Experience with us and other readers on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit so much. I have passed on your remarks to all our team here, who I know will be delighted to read such positive comments. We really hope you will consider staying with us again should you be back in County Cork.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night last January and found it to be very good. Our family room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good with a large selection of good quality food. Service was excellent. We also had food in the bar which was very nice with a good kids menu. Staff were very friendly and helpful when booking . Other members of the family were also staying at the hotel as we were attending a funeral. Staff were aware of this when we arrived and were very welcoming. The hotel has a lovely lobby which was ideal for relaxing and chatting in the evening.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHCork, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing The 4 Star Castle Hotel Macroom.

I have passed on your very kind remarks to our team here.

We are very sorry that your visit was not for happier reasons but we really do hope we might see you again in the future.
Barrington, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

First, the staff at the Castle are wonderful. From check in to the dining room, everyone was friendly and efficient. The rooms are comfortable and large. The public areas are cosy and inviting. Free wi-fi available in rooms by a limited number of passwords, which by the end of the month become limited. But, there is plenty of space and chairs in the lobby to make use of the free wi-fi there. Plenty of free parking behind the hotel. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. I really have nothing to complain about!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHCork, Owner at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review following your visit to The 4 Star Castle Hotel Macroom. I have shared your kind comments and remarks with our staff and we all really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Macroom should you be in the Lee Valley area again.
Girard, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband and I arrived for the family gathering and were welcomed, by name! Such a pleasant surprise! We were treated with the utmost courtesy and consideration! The staff was helpful in every possible way.
The hotel is charming, quaint and everything we could have hoped for.
Their dining facilities are wonderful.
Kay McCarthy facilitated everything with grace and care.

We could not be more pleased to have attended.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
CHCork, Director of Sales at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you so much for choosing The 4 Star Castle Hotel for your recent family gathering. It was our pleasure to host such an important ocassion for you all and we really enjoyed being a part of it.
Thank you most sincerely for your lovely review and very kind comments, which I have shared with our team of staff here.
We hope to have the pleasure of one day welcoming you back again to Macroom.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We were at this hotel in Thursday 24th July . My brother is getting married here next year so we decided to take a tour of hotel and have some lunch. I have never met nicer people in the industry and I've stayed in many hotels around Ireland . From When we met vicki at reception to when we say down to eat. Staff were nice friendly , helpful . I was overwhelmed really pleased with the day and looking forward to the wedding next year. Thanks to all the staff. :) we left being very pleased and happy customers.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Catrionamcg
CHCork, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you! What a beautiful review of The Castle Hotel!

On behalf of the Buckley Family, thanks for taking the time to share your kind comments in such elegant words about your Castle Hotel Experience.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and we very much look forward to your brother's wedding and welcoming you back again to Macroom.
Londonderry, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Great stop in a recent visit to Ireland. Have stayed twice in the past at this beautiful hotel. This time it was only a lunch and revisit the town of Macroom. All of the people we encountered were polite, efficient and bent over backwards to help us enjoy our stay. I just can't say enough about this classy Irish Hotel in Macroom, Ireland...

1 Thank JimBuckleyNH
CHCork, Public Relations Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for re-visiting The 4 Star Castle Hotel and your lovely review here on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your short visit so much.

We very much look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to Macroom.
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Just come back from a lovely three day break in Cork. We stayed in this lovely hotel, cannot recommend it enough, from the decor to the staff. From the minute you walk into the reception area you are made to feel at home. Nothing was a problem for any of the staff who always seemed to have a smile on their faces. Breakfast was great and dinner in the hotel Bar was excellent. Would stay there again. Congratulation to the owner and staff you have a great hotel.
Glynis w

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dublinglitter
Thank you for choosing The Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre for your recent three day stay in Macroom.

And thank you most sincerely for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests' comments before booking their own visits. In addition we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we might improve!

I have shared your very kind remarks and comments with all our 'smiling' staff! We really do hope you'll choose Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre the next time you're in Macroom.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macroom
Centre
#4 of 23 in Cork
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,033 reviews
Fernhill House Hotel
#1 of 8 in Clonakilty

Been to Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!