Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Riverside Park Hotel(Macroom)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$181
Travelocity
US$157
Gougane Barra Hotel(Gougane Barra)
US$142
  • Restaurant
US$426
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgougane barraleisure centrebar foodtop classwedding receptionfrom start to finishshort breakwonderful hotelwest corkstaff were so friendlyhotel barsteam roomwould highly recommend this hotelwaiting staffboth morningsenjoyable staykay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We had a lovely stay here and found the staff very helpful. The food in the bar was excellent and the dining room was also very good. the only reason we have to fault it was the room was at the back where the people from the wedding function went to smoke and it was very nois late into the evening.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 21trishD
castlehotelm, Front Office Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for choosing The Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre for your recent stay in Macroom.

And thank you most sincerely for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests' comments before booking their own visits. In addition we're always eager to hear what you liked and how we might improve.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Decided to celebrate our daughters Holy Communion in The Castle Hotel on Saturday. Every detail was taken care of by Vicki she made everything so relaxed for us all. We felt like royalty! from the moment we arrived we were greeted with a wonderful warm smile from the receptionist Kay. All the staff from the bar to the function room looked after our every need with ease. The meal, I couldn't say enough about the food, it was fantastic they're still raving about the hake & the beef & the choc biscuit cake :) Not once did we feel rushed, all so relaxing! Most important my kids had a fantastic time children happy, Mummy & Daddy happy :) Thank you all x

• Stayed: May 2014
castlehotelm, Owner at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you! What a beautiful review of The Castle Hotel!

On behalf of the Buckley Family and our entire team, may I extend our sincere thanks for celebrating your special occasion with us. And thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments about The Castle Hotel Experience.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much.

We very much look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to Macroom.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I am writing this review in the lobby of this hotel. Reception staff is so kind. We had an issue with our toilet running, and it was immediately taken care of (user error, I was being too gentle with the handle, and no it was not clogged). We walked around the town and had a delicious meal at Granville's, which was full of locals. Rooms are clean and the staff is superb.

Room Tip: I was told having a room closer to the street will give you a better wifi signal.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Macroom. We are delighted to hear that you were so satisfied with your stay and enjoyed exploring around our lovely town. I have shared your lovely compliments with all our staff and we all look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back should you be in our area again.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had a short break here. I was a bit concerned as it is in the town centre on the main Cork to Kinsale road. That concern turned out to have been completely misplaced, happily. Stayed in room 220, A very good size, a king size and single bed in it, with plenty of room. Good sized bathroom with a shower over the bath, fortunately the bath had a very low side and the shower had a separate control, not via the bath-taps, but still had a shower curtain, which I hate. Room was warm and very quiet, a small hum from kitchen vents could be heard but was not at all annoying.
The staff were brilliant. Unusually for Ireland ALL the staff were Irish. Everyone we met (including other guests) were extremely friendly, good humoured and helpful. They elevated our stay from very good to excellent.
We had two very good dinners in Dan Buckley bar (the restaurant closed during the week and the atmosphere in the bar was better, so we ate there Friday). Lovely food, all homemade, good wine (not overpriced). The hotel appears to be the hub of the town and is always busy making for a great atmosphere. Unfortunately we had to leave Saturday morning so missed the live entertainment.
Breakfast was worth the stay in the hotel. The cooked element was as you would expect and of god quality. However the buffet was brilliant, a soup kettle with lovely, creamy porridge, plenty of cereals, fruit, jams walnut infused honey, yoghurts cheese and cold meat. The best bit was the homemade, brown soda bread. They sell this as "Take away bread", needless to say, we bought some.

Room Tip: Look for one at rear of hotel and on top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
castlehotelm, Public Relations Manager at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

I have shared your very kind remarks and comments with all our staff and we hope you'll choose Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre the next time you're in Macroom. We hope you enjoyed your complimentary brown bread!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I've stayed here on a number of occassions over th elast 4 years, the most recent visit was in April 2014. I have very mixed feelings about this hotel. On the face of it the hotel is lovely, the decor of the public areas is very nice and the staff were very friendly and informative.

But I find the rooms to be small and dated. Everytime I have stayed I have been to a different room and they all have the feel of being a little "old". Granted the hotel is well established and is located in the middle of the town but between all the narrow corridors, steps up and down etc. it is very easy to get lost while trying to find your room.

My last room was at the back of the hotel and it was long and narrow. It was spotlessly clean which is always my first requirement. The bathroom was nice and I have no complaints.

I can't comment about food because, although I have always paid the B&B rate (there is no room only rate - which is a shame), I always have to leave before the breakfast is served.

A few things I don't like include the fact that the car park is to the rear of the hotel and getting from there to the reception incolves 2 flights of stairs and no lift. I imagine wheel chair users must have another way in. Also, there is a strong smell of chlorine in some part fo the hotel, from the pool area.

All in all, it is a nice hotel. I have stayed before and will again. Maybe the hotel could look at their pricing model and add a room only option.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
castlehotelm, Owner at Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank for continually choosing to stay at The 4 Star Castle Hotel. We really do appreciate your loyal custom. And thank you very much for sharing your views with us and others as we thrive on feedback from our guests. We are always looking at methods of improving our hotel and all our products and services. We are more than happy to help with luggage assistance to your bedroom, so please do ask and we will be there! On selected dates we offer a room only rate on our website of www.castlehotel.ie, so you are more than welcome to avail of this great rate. We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Castle Hotel again soon.