“Brilliqant place to stay”
Review of Fountain House B&B

and 1 more site!
Fountain House B&B
Ranked #3 of 8 Macroom B&B and Inns
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Brilliqant place to stay”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My second time at Fountain House in 8 months. What can I say, Breda and Pat are the perfect hosts, looking after your every need. The breakfasts are as gargantuan and varied as you want them and Breda will do you a cup of tea and a cake at any time of day.To top it all the fishing at the end of the garden is superb.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tescoclubcard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ballymena
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We had our second stay at Fountain House B&B last weekend. This is the BEST B&B you'll find so don't waste time searching for one, just book Fountain House. I came home to discover I'd lost my ring (I'd had it for over 30 years and was sorely disappointed). What a surprise I got when the owner of the B&B took the time and trouble to look up my telephone number and rang me to tell me she'd found it and she is very kindly going to post it to me next week. She sounded equally as delighted to be telling me she'd found it as I was to receive the news!! She is just so helpful and kind and nothing is any trouble for her. The beds are so comfy and cosy with electric blankets, the food is just perfect with a fantastic variety for breakfast, and the welcome is lovely. Even just to get away for a couple of nights for a wee break, this is the place to go to. Thank you Breda!!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AnnD956
Ardsley, New York
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Breda made us feel at home
In the evening she gave us scones and tea
very comfortable accommodations for sleeping
a great variety for breakfast in the morning
could definitely stay again
very clean
nice sitting room
great stay for warmer months when you could enjoy the outdoor space

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MARIE51_13
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Iv stayed in b&b,s trough out Ireland and the UK an I can only say from the.moment we walked in Breda couldn't do enough for us.. A great family run place wit some cracking views and a lake to the rare... The food is fantastic breakfast and evening meal although we were staying due to work in the area I will be back in the summer wit the family for another pleasant stay... Thanks Breda

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Kierancarlow
Derby
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We were made welcome late in the evening after an atrocious drive from the Dublin Ferry Port. The purpose of this visit was the need for unrivaled Irish fishing and most importantly that the hotel be dog friendly. All was achieved very easily, fishing available at the bottom of the garden on a private beach, which proved very productive with lots of hybrids and bream coming out, trout were also seen rising but to far out to catch. The one that got away was to big for the rod to handle, so can only assume it was a large pike. Breda was a wonderful host and could not do enough for us, alongside this her catering is first class, Breda is an excellent cook, good wholesome home baked food; the full Irish dished up each morning has to be tasted to be believed, this alongside the freshly baked scones made for an excellent start to the day, this was followed by a tasty toasted sandwich at lunch time whilst fishing. Macroom just down the road and easily accessible enabled my wife lose herself in the shops which were all very traditional. All in all, I have no hesitation in recommending fountain house to travellers to County Cork, easily accessible to Cork City and the coastline beyond. We enjoyed our visit so much with Breda, we are already looking forward to our next trip in the spring. Cant recommend it enough.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank g0rgf
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 October 2012

With a group of friends (six of us) I stayed from 26th September to to 29th September in Fountain House. We are a group who are reviving our Irish language together, and our teacher organised a tour of the area where Art O'Leary was murdered.

We arrived at Fountain House about 2pm, to a great welcome by Breda Condon, a welcome that included lots of tea and delicious scones and cake. We had a wonderful time touring the whole area, with Brendan Mulcahy, Breda's father, who is steeped in the history of the area, as our guide. He brought us to beautiful out-of -the-way places that we would never have found by ourselves .Every evening we came back to huge helpings of home-cooked food for dinner. Breakfast was huge too, with lots of chat.

We all had a room to ourselves, and mine was big! The whole place is spotlessly clean and cosy.

I felt part of their family all the time. Whenever we came in we could have tea, coffee, and scones. Breda was always there offering something, and anything we asked for we could have. She, her parents, and her children (including the little dog!) took us all into their family for the duration of our stay. The whole place exudes warmth, hospitality and friendliness.

The area all around is very interesting, full of prehistoric stone circles in a landscape that 's probably unchanged for centuries.Brendan took us to Gougane Barra where I had never been.

I am Irish, a Dubliner, but it was a revelation to me, and without Brendan I wouldn't have noticed half of it.

And their price is so very reasonable for all that we were given.

I want to go back.!

Andrea Doyle

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Andrea D
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Having spent three days of welcome, good food and kindliest hospitality, we returned to Dublin feeling refreshed and looking forward to our next visit to Macroom. Brida, despite her busy day, welcomed us each evening in to her charmingly located and comfortable house on the River Lee. Keen pricing a plus!

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macroom
Riverside Park Hotel
#2 of 8 in Macroom
Mills Inn
Mills Inn
#1 of 8 in Macroom

Been to Fountain House B&B? Share your experiences!