“Great day out for the family”
Review of Farran Forest Park

Farran Forest Park
Ranked #5 of 14 things to do in Macroom
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Great place to spend an afternoon. Great walks at the side of the River lee. Picnic benches available- so bring the picnic box. Small charge to enter but worth it. Rangers on site.

2  Thank Pat1955021

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Farran woods is a great place for a family outing in good weather. There is great walking routes through the park but the highlight has to be feeding carrots to the deer. It can take a while for them to come over but when they do the will take the carrots from your hand through the fence. It is really amazing to see them up close and my little boy is fascinated.

2  Thank DayTripsnad11
Reviewed 2 August 2013

There is not much sight seeing on this route, although it is nice for something to do, like go for a picnic? Farran woods have little play area for children. there is a river running along the walk way as well, some parts of the path has high amounts of gravel witch make it difficult for buggies but you can get around with one :)

1  Thank SarahLee93
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I visited Farran woods today with my wife and 6 year old. When I arrived I found that 5 euros is now being charged to access the car park at Farran woods. The gate is coin-operated and I could not access because I had a five euro note rather than the necessary coins. A member of staff present waved me away when I approached him for assistance in getting coins. Instead, he used abusive language while telling me to move my illegally parked car. Not a great welcome from Farran woods. He wasn't particularly interested in helping.

I moved my car to the entrance of the park (where it was also illegally parked on double-yellow lines) and accessed the woods on foot. Inside we discovered that there has been significant felling of trees in the woods. In fact, large parts of 'the woods' are no more. Much of the woods now resemble something from a Hollywood post-apocalypse movie. Overall, not a great welcome and the woods were not particularly enjoyable. Avoid.

7  Thank TJH2008
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Nice park with a little playground, good walks and running trails. Kids love going there to look at the deer, try to catch the ducks and crawl in between the trees. Take a little old bread to feed the deer, always a great attraction.

3  Thank KrisMeule