“Food fantastic as usual”
Review of Dan Buckley's Bar

Dan Buckley's Bar
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Macroom
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dan Buckley's Bar awarded: The Best Hotel Carvery Munster & Ireland 2014/15 The Black & White Munster Hotel Bar of The Year The RAI Best Customer Service 20113/14 The spacious, traditional bar offers you an extensive food menu throughout the day, with Carvery Lunch between 12 and 3.30 Pm. A delectable and mouth watering evening menu is served from 3.30 Pm to 9.30 Pm ( Monday to Saturday) and 3.30 Pm to 9 pm on Sunday. Join us on Saturday Nights for live music from 10pm! And Tuesday Summer Trad Music Sessions in July and August.
Cork, Ireland
“Food fantastic as usual”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Passing by Macroom on our
Annual Trip to Kerry for the Easter term, our meal was lovely & tasty as always, we had the prawn satay, homemade beef burger and the Thai chicken curry (couldn't stop by without having their fabulous curry) staff were so friendly, I know a lot of comments say this but staff in the Dan Buckley's bar & the castle hotel go an extra mile, they are so smiley, chatty & attentive, it's a lovely homely place to stop by where you are greeted by such pleasant people. Well done!

castlehotelm, Owner at Dan Buckley's Bar, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
You are most kind to share your experience of Dan Buckley's Bar with us and others! Thank you for stopping off on route to Kerry. We hope you enjoyed your break and we would love to welcome you back should you be passing through again soon!

cork, ireland
“Outrageous Behaviour”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have been to this hotel/pub/restaurant/ a number of times over the last year. The service is generally good. The food has been mediocre at best. The last time I visited I received the worst treatment I have ever experienced from an establishment.

On this occasion I decided I would have the 10 oz sirloin at 25 euros a pop. I called a waitress over and ordered steak medium rare and a pint of guinness Now I have had steak there on three previous occasions and on each of those occasions neither steak came out to the table as ordered. All were over-cooked the first time around. They came out fine the second time around. So on the most recent and forth time I've ordered steak there the exact same thing happened. An over-cooked steak arrived at my table. I called a waitress over( not the one I ordered from) and showed her the steak I had just cut through. I explained to her that it was a medium rare steak I ordered and that that steak was not medium rare.(she did not seem to know the difference or have much people skills) I also explained to her that I did not have time to wait for the kitchen to have another go. Anyways on she went with the steak back to the kitchen. I waited for 10 minutes until a man with a shirt and tie arrived at my table ( still do not know his name or position within the hotel ) Anyways the short version of that conversation was that he basically told me that I was wrong and that the steak was cooked perfectly. Unbelievable! I was livid and so took five minutes to gather my thoughts while sipping my guinness. I asked to see the owner, who is one of two brothers who own the establishment. When he came over I explained to him the situation and that this was now the fourth time where I have had to send steak back because it was over cooked. He stated and I quote " well we are obviously not up to your standards so why do you keep coming back? " Those were his exact words. I was gob smacked but managed to hold it together to explain to him that I and my partner had been there plenty of times and the only problems we had were with my steaks. Why I bothered I do not know. I should have upped and left the second his statement left his lips. The owner then called over the manager. She verified that we were good customers and she was not happy with the conduct of both the shirt and tie guy and the owner. The owner walked off muttering something under his breath leaving me with the manager to further explain that both of their conduct was unacceptable. As if i did not already know that! She was genuinely embarrassed and so I accepted her offer of my guinness being on the house and left. They must have no shortage of customers if they can treat a regular one with such disdain. Safe to say I wont be spending my hard earned money there in a hurry

• Visited April 2014
6 Thank pamkobi
Cork
“Best Hotel and Restaurant in Cork”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We were at a Christening in the Castle Hotel in December 2013 and had an absolutely fantastic day. The room where the Christening was, was beautifully decorated, the staff were very helpful and so nice. The food was fantastic. I am a coeliac and the Castle Hotel is where I love to go as they really cater for coeliacs. Nothing is too much trouble. I trust them 100%. I would highly recommend it to other coeliacs. I love their cajun chicken ciabattas.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank RubyCa
castlehotelm, General Manager at Dan Buckley's Bar, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you very much for celebrating your recent family occasion with us. We were honoured to be a part of this special day and very much enjoyed looking after you all. Congratulations once again on your new arrival! Thank you for your very kind remarks and we hope to have the pleasure of seeing you soon again.
Cork
“Castle Hotel”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

The food, service and atmosphere are the best in Cork..an excellent family run hotel....call and see for yourself. You won't be disappointed...the menu has something for everybody and all desserts are home made...yum

• Visited March 2014
castlehotelm, General Manager at Dan Buckley's Bar, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you very much for your review of Dan Buckley's Bar at The 4 Star Castle Hotel Macroom. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your visit and our desserts in particular! We do hope that should you be in the area again, that you choose to eat with us!
Oughterard, Ireland
“Excellent Bar Food”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Busy bar with excellent bar food. Huge selection of food to choose from I enjoyed the Chicken curry.

Visited March 2014
castlehotelm, Guest Relations Manager at Dan Buckley's Bar, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you very much for visiting us recently in Dan Buckley's Bar at The 4 Star Castle Hotel Macroom. We are so pleased you enjoyed your food so much and we really hope to see you soon again!