“Yum yum!”

Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Macroom
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dan Buckley's Bar awarded: The Best Hotel Carvery Munster & Ireland 2015, The Black & White Munster Hotel Bar of The Year The RAI Best Customer Service 2014. The spacious, traditional bar offers you an extensive food menu throughout the day, with Carvery Lunch between 12.30 and 3.00 pm. A delectable and mouth watering evening menu is served from 3.30 to 9.00 Pm ( Monday to Saturday) and 4.30 to 8.30 pm on Sunday. Join us on Saturday Nights for live music from 10pm! And Tuesday Summer Trad Music Sessions in July and August.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

On the two trips I have made to Macroom I have eaten every evening in Dan Buckleys Bar (staying in Castle Hotel). Food quality superb, staff behaviour superb, atmosphere superb - will I come back again? Absolutely yes!

castlehotelm, General Manager at Dan Buckley's Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you! What a beautiful review of Dan Buckley's Bar at The Castle Hotel!

On behalf of the Buckley Family and our entire team, may I extend our sincere thanks for taking the time to share your kind comments about Dan Buckley's Bar and The Castle Hotel Macroom.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your food so much.

We very much look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to Macroom.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Really nice bar , drink and food also very nice and good selection . The only complaint would be that only one bar staff member could make the cocktails . When I asked for menu it was no problem but when we went to order from bar there seemed to be a big issue because they were busy but I feel we shouldn't have been given cocktail menus if they didn't have time to make them . Granted We were with a group for the week end but it is simple to say no they are not available tonight . The other 2 nights were perfect and enjoyable staff were very nice.

castlehotelm, Manager at Dan Buckley's Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for choosing The Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre for your recent stay in Macroom.

And thank you most sincerely for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! We're always eager to hear what you liked and how we might improve. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and we will address it today to ensure it is not repeated.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope you'll choose Castle Hotel and Leisure Centre the next time you're in Macroom.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Was served the biggest pub meal I have ever seen in the carvery. Value for money yes. But will expand your waistline.

castlehotelm, Manager at Dan Buckley's Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you so much for choosing to eat at Dan Buckley's Bar!
We are so pleased you enjoyed your meal and we would love to see you back again soon, should you be in our area.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Passing by Macroom on our
Annual Trip to Kerry for the Easter term, our meal was lovely & tasty as always, we had the prawn satay, homemade beef burger and the Thai chicken curry (couldn't stop by without having their fabulous curry) staff were so friendly, I know a lot of comments say this but staff in the Dan Buckley's bar & the castle hotel go an extra mile, they are so smiley, chatty & attentive, it's a lovely homely place to stop by where you are greeted by such pleasant people. Well done!

castlehotelm, Owner at Dan Buckley's Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

You are most kind to share your experience of Dan Buckley's Bar with us and others! Thank you for stopping off on route to Kerry. We hope you enjoyed your break and we would love to welcome you back should you be passing through again soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have been to this hotel/pub/restaurant/ a number of times over the last year. The service is generally good. The food has been mediocre at best. The last time I visited I received the worst treatment I have ever experienced from an establishment.

On this occasion I decided I would have the 10 oz sirloin at 25 euros a pop. I called a waitress over and ordered steak medium rare and a pint of guinness Now I have had steak there on three previous occasions and on each of those occasions neither steak came out to the table as ordered. All were over-cooked the first time around. They came out fine the second time around. So on the most recent and forth time I've ordered steak there the exact same thing happened. An over-cooked steak arrived at my table. I called a waitress over( not the one I ordered from) and showed her the steak I had just cut through. I explained to her that it was a medium rare steak I ordered and that that steak was not medium rare.(she did not seem to know the difference or have much people skills) I also explained to her that I did not have time to wait for the kitchen to have another go. Anyways on she went with the steak back to the kitchen. I waited for 10 minutes until a man with a shirt and tie arrived at my table ( still do not know his name or position within the hotel ) Anyways the short version of that conversation was that he basically told me that I was wrong and that the steak was cooked perfectly. Unbelievable! I was livid and so took five minutes to gather my thoughts while sipping my guinness. I asked to see the owner, who is one of two brothers who own the establishment. When he came over I explained to him the situation and that this was now the fourth time where I have had to send steak back because it was over cooked. He stated and I quote " well we are obviously not up to your standards so why do you keep coming back? " Those were his exact words. I was gob smacked but managed to hold it together to explain to him that I and my partner had been there plenty of times and the only problems we had were with my steaks. Why I bothered I do not know. I should have upped and left the second his statement left his lips. The owner then called over the manager. She verified that we were good customers and she was not happy with the conduct of both the shirt and tie guy and the owner. The owner walked off muttering something under his breath leaving me with the manager to further explain that both of their conduct was unacceptable. As if i did not already know that! She was genuinely embarrassed and so I accepted her offer of my guinness being on the house and left. They must have no shortage of customers if they can treat a regular one with such disdain. Safe to say I wont be spending my hard earned money there in a hurry

6  Thank pamkobi