“Friendly, comfy, cosy, clean, homely, very accommodating could nt have asked for better”
Review of Bun a Bhaile B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Macroom
Bun a Bhaile B&B
Ranked #5 of 8 Macroom B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 November 2013

From the minute we arrived mairead made us feel very welcome. Room was very spacious, stunning, beautifully decorated, clean, and a very comfy bed with tv, tea and coffee making facilities. Great selection of breakfast with homemade breads and bakes. better than alot of hotels I ve stayed in before. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank ecorri
There are newer reviews for Bun a Bhaile B&B

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Found this treasure by accident half way between Macroom and Killarney, words cannot describe the welcome we received when we arrived, Tea and home made scones once we were settled in our room which by the way was 5 star in every respect.
Breakfast the following morning was to die for, no buffet here but freshly cooked and the variety was amazing, no problem with special dietary requirements either
Would put some 5 star hotels to shame.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front of the house with fantastic river views
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ger222
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We started our 7 nights in Ireland after 15 Days in the UK (May 2013), so all-in-all we had lots of B&B experience on this wonderful trip. Well, Mairead & Johnny provided us with the best experience of all. What welcoming hosts--I wish we lived down the road from them because I'm sure we would be fast friends. Mairead provided us with wonderful food (including sandwiches and tea upon arrival), a very spacious and appealingly decorated room, as well as her very special hospitality. Truly, this was our flat-out favorite B&B of a 3-week trip. For anyone in the vicinity of Cork or the Ring of Kerry, this is the best place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I enjoyed my one night stay in Cul Aodha so much that I felt i had to write this, my first ever review . The warmth I felt when even booking the room over the phone, and then the welcome with tea and buns just started off my time so well. Not only did I have a great time in the area, but the comfort and homeliness of my hosts gave me such a lovely feeling as I was driving away back to my own home. I really felt I experienced something different, and would HIGHLY recommend this b and b to anyone looking to stay remotely near this area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

Staying with Mairead and Johnny is like being at home but better as your on your holidays. You won't find a more welcoming environment than here. We arrived from our long journey and were instantly  greeted with a smile, tea/coffee and homemade tasty cakes. Our spacious bedroom with en-suite was warm and inviting and beautifully furnished. Beds are lovely and comfortable and had a peaceful nights sleep.
Full Irish breakfast was amazing and tasty with all the trimmings you'd find it hard to beat this breakfast even in a 5 Star Hotel.
All in all if you're visiting the area it's a must to stay here in Coolea, you won't be disappointed.
PS. Great value.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We were amazed by our hostess's warmth and welcome! Although it was a busy day bringing in the silage for the farm and she was feeding all the helpers, we were greeted as family, offered food and drink and given a map to take on the walk we had planned. The facilities were perfect, and next morning the breakfast table was groaning with delights, especially for me, with soy milk baked cakes, and fresh goats cheese, since I cannot eat cows milk. Now we understand the meaning of good Irish hospitality, and look forward to visiting again one day. Don't miss this place filled with love and welcome!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This was not only our first bed and breakfast experience in Ireland, but our first bed and breakfast experience ever, and the bar was set INCREDIBLE high! We arrived tired from a long day of driving and were immediately greeted with not only a warm welcome, but sandwiches and tea! The hospitality was beyond words, and you could not ask for a warmer atmosphere. The knowledge of the area and friendly suggestions for excursions were perfect. The rooms could not have been more comfortable, and we slept in both days because we could not crawl out the beds.
Even if you are not planning on visiting this area on your travels, you should really reconsider merely to stay here.
Mairead, I hope you read this so that my wife and I can say thank you one more time for the amazing experience!

Room Tip: Any room in the house is a great room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple