“Customer is always right?”

The Gallery Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Mallow
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Our family have dined here on more than one occasion. On our last visit our eldest son ordered a burger. In fairness to him he is slow to complain, but after a while did mention his burger wasn't nice as it had a funny taste. His mum took a bite and agreed with him. I in turn took a bite and sure enough there was a bitterness one would associate with food having gone off.
We mentioned this to a staff member and a replacement dish was promptly delivered to our table. Fair enough one would say, these things can happen. I would always be prepared to give the benefit of the doubt.
When we were paying for our meal the owner/manger was tending to us. He commented our child "didn't like" the burger. We corrected him saying it was gone off at which point he mentioned they had not received any other complaints that day. He suggested it must have been the seasoning.
We are fortunate enough to have been able to eat out in a large variety of restaurants over the years and can say with certainty it was indeed gone off.
For any staff member/manager or owner to imply we couldn't tell the difference is irritating to say the least.
Unfortunately there was no form of apology offered.

The staff here are good. The management not so. As for the food stick to the traditional dishes which they do well. Forget stir fry, oriental dishes etc. these they don't do so well.

4  Thank someguyinCork

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed at nearby Annabella B & B and walked into town after a long drive around Dingle Peninsula. Was glad to have a decent meal at the late hour. Service was good and food was hot and filling.

1  Thank P C
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

What an experience my wife,3 young kids and I had in this fine restaurant. We were just passing through the town on our way home from visiting relatives on a Sunday evening, and all felt hungry. Driving through the town nothing stood out apart from "The Gallery" at the end of the town. Parking was a small bit difficult to come by but we found a spot not too far away. When we came in the door, the place was jam packed, always a good sign but not when you're looking for a seat! But immediately we were greeted by a young waiter who asked us to just take a seat at the bar or on the sofa and he'd have a seat for us shortly, we didn't mind and it was only 3 or 4 minutes before we were seated. The waiter then was full of conversation and brought colours and colouring books for the children. We weren't overly hungry so we just got a large bowl of nachos between us to start and the were delicious, full of flavour. For a main, I got the rib eye, my wife the chicken curry, and our kids ordered spaghetti bolognese, chicken tenders, and roast lamb from the children's menu. The service was extremely professional and the young waiter made sure we were OK for everything, going out of his way to get my son more gravy for his lamb when he was clearly under pressure. All our mains were delicious, every plate cleaned! When paying, what I can only assume is the owner dealt with the bill, was very friendly and full of chat. It was very reasonably priced and will definitely be back, for the price, professionalism of all the staff (particularly our waiter) and just the general atmosphere. Top marks.

5  Thank simonlimerick
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We made the mistake to order Asian food. Never error was so big. No complains about portion, but a take away would have done better job. All I could taste was chili and nothing else. No complains about the service. At the end, the sour in the mouth remains as they charge you a fortune for very poor quality of food. Never back again.

3  Thank Larava79
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I had a full English breakfast which looked like it was reheated from yesterday. It tasted even worse, everything was simply hard to chew and too oily. Even beans were overcooked! I am not a fussy eater but could not even eat half of it. I know we should mention something in there, but we were simply in a hurry:( Definitely will not come back for dinner.

4  Thank PengeDune