“A Different World” 5 of 5 bubbles

Longueville House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mallow
“A Different World”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here with my girlfriend and her parents. We stayed on a midweek night for dinner bed and breakfast. The whole experience was like stepping back in time to a house frequented by the Royal Family. The food is of top quality, the staff are 5 star and are passionate about there work and also very knowledgable. The longueville brandy is something special and I would advise any guest to buy a bottle to take away. So if u want to step back in time and feel like a king for a night, go stay here!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John5840

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Gone salmon fishing 15th June 2014 with Ian.
Really fantastic.
Place is beautiful, the materials are excellent and in perfect condition. While I had no experience with Fly Flishing, Ian made me decently operational quite quickly. Got one but broke my line (I need more expertise).

If you enjoy nature and fishing, and you are around, my advise is that you do not miss the opportunity.
Most of the Irish I have met are open and very friendly, Ian is not an exception and makes you feel very well and relaxed. Enjoy!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My father passed away recently. Over 100 of his family and friends came to Longueville House after the funeral Mass.
William, Aisling and all the staff provided a wonderful sit-down meal for all of us in the quiet dignified surroundings of their country house. We did not know in advance how many people would come. William reassured us that he would cope with whatever number turned up. The staff were quietly sympathetic and professional.
I spent two nights in the hotel. I woke to the bleating of sheep on the parkland in front of the house and a rising mist over Dromineen Castle. I found the ambience of Longueville deeply consoling and comforting.
My thanks to William and Aisling.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ann T
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I enjoyed Sunday lunch here with my family. The buffet starters and dessert are a great idea and all delicious. The a la carte mains were also very well done. The food is fresh and very much local with a lot of it being grown/reared on the property. This is my 3rd time here for meals and have never been disappointed. The service here is also excellent. I have been recognised by a couple of staff on my return visits which I feel is always a sign of good staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BNM79
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

A GREAT place. A visit back in time. Each day we would take day trips and then return to Longueville for a fire and afternoon tea.

Dinner in the conservatory with both excellent service and gourmet meals.

And retiring to a bedroom with antique furniture where you climb steps into a luxurious bed that has been dressed and you find hot water bottles under the sheets.

If you want to be pampered and feel like royalty then this is the place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Grand Cayman
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had planned this break for some time as we live abroad & were home to christen our baby. Sooo, as those who live abroad know, coming home can turn into, not a holiday but just running around from relation to relation, knocking back a load of tea & repeating the same story over & over. This is why this break was planned, to give us a break...
The view from the front of the property is just superb. We checked in on a Tuesday & were told by the staff on, that we were the only people staying there that night, surprised, kinda. Not too many people doing mid week breaks & especially at Blue Book locations. Either way, the ground floor, from drawing room, bar, dining room to conservatory were emaculate. As neat as a pin. Superb welcome from Gabor who is brilliant. Even dragged in half our bags & etc's. Emma, equally great, extremely friendly & couldn't do enough for us...so where's the BUT?
The bedroom, the bedroom was terrible. The reservation was made a few weeks back so knowing we were travelling from quite a distance away, with a 2 month old baby, our room was freezing. When we walked in you were greeted by your breath. It reminded me of an old home unlived in for years. The material window blind was stained from top to bottom, cobwebs on the lights, wall paper pealing & separating from the walls. A stain on the carpet outside the bathroom from hopefully just the bathwater. As for the bathroom, floor tiles & wall tiles as bad as each other. I went to have a shower only to notice the shower head absolutely filthy, black with dirt. So as I went to clean it I opened out the bath mat, oh good God, mould all over it, back & front. Put my hand on the wall only to see it wipe off on me, again dirt. I took my towel down off the shower curtain rail only to discover a line of dirt along the towel. We had to get a heater for the room & thankfully that done that. But why give us the room at all & especially when we were the only ones there???? You'd expect nearly the best room. Either way, why didn't we move or leave, exhaustion, sheer exhaustion. And boy did we sleep. All 3 of us.
Again the service from all the staff was brilliant, inside & outside the house. Howaya "Dan", make sure to try his home made Brandy & Cider. Food, delich. Most home grown. Breakfast, dinner & evening.
The clincher, would we "stay" there again, NO. Eat yes, but not to stay. We left a comment card with pretty much the above & took photos just incase.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Colin K
cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

prior to the Mallow Races we decided to lunch at longueville house , myself my husband and my 19year old son who is a trainee chef and hard to impress at the best of times.We had a beut day , sun was shining and staff were fab and professional , special mention to Rupert what a great ambassador for the place . food amazing and as much or as little as you like (hate half a cow on a plate myself)Would have loved to laze away the afternoon there , will defo be back

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mallow
Centre
#4 of 23 in Cork
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,034 reviews
Douglas
Maryborough Hotel & Spa

Been to Longueville House Hotel? Share your experiences!