“worst hotel i have ever stayed in”

The Hibernian Hotel and Leisure Centre
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Mallow
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My daughter and I fancied a break for Easter. We decided to go to Mallow as we know it well.
First time staying at this hotel and can definitely say it will be the last. All the bedrooms have paper-thin walls and creaky floorboards. We were awoken at 1.30am with doors banging and people shouting. I phoned reception but nothing was done. The noise continued until 5.30. After breakfast, I went to reception to complain and asked why nothing was done. I was told there was a stag party booked in for the weekend and they would move us to another room but at that stage we had had enough as we were sure the noise would be as bad the next night.. We paid the bill for the night, I really thought as a good will gesture, there would be at least a 50% reduction but no.. Could'nt wait to get out as the bar was already filling up with THIS LOT, all trying to shout over each other. Will go anywhere but Ireland again for a long weekend. Food, drinks and accommodation over priced.......

Room Tip: They need to pull down this hotel and rebuild it to a high standard.. No room escapes the noise...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank geraldine871

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed at the Hotel everytime in Ireland on buisness and its by far my favourite when I stay in the Cork region. Staff could not be more helpfull .. Thanks

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank derryomahoney
Reviewed 1 November 2011

The Hibernian Hotel in Mallow, Co. Cork has the most helpful and friendly staff I have come across in a while. That in itself says a lot for any accommodation.
There was a bunch of us who stayed here for the weekend while being involved in the 3 Peaks 4X4 Challenge 2011.
The food is alright, great breakfast if you like a full one, cereals for a light one, we had packed lunches, very generous sandwiches, with fruit and drinks. They also filled our flasks for hot drinks while out on the Mountain. Dinner was wholesome and plentiful.

The decor could do with updating, it's stuck a bit in the '70's, but more importantly it's warm and clean.

They have a leisure centre, lovely pool, well equipped gym, I used the jacuzzi, it was needed after following my 4X4 wheel buddies in competition in the mountains all day.

I recommend this hotel, centrally located in the town of Mallow, car park at the back, ask at reception for a permit for your stay.

We and our friends have already booked The Hibernian for next year's 4X4 3 Peaks Challenge.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the night club.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank StellaNW
Reviewed 11 October 2011

On a recent business trip to Mallow, August 2011, I chose the Hibernian simply for it's convenient location and reasonable rates. However I was very plesantly surprised by the excellent service I received from staff, the quality of food served and the comfort and cleanliness of the room. So impressed that for the first time I have found a hotel worth recommending!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul S
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I attended a 30th birthday party at the Hibernian Hotel Mallow recently an was very pleasently surprised at this Gem of a place. I arrived on a Friday night and was given a very nice room, while it was a little dated, it was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. There was a great live music session in the bar and genuinely GOOD CRAIC! Its an old Hotel with loads of atmosphere, and the most friendly staff I have ever met on my travels, really eager to please. Thanks for that lads and I'll be back again in the near future. The party was on the Saturday night at Marakibo which is also part of the Hotel and continued to Xperience Night Club also patr of the hotel. I have never seen so much of a choice practically under the same roof. [Marakibo is a couple of doors away from the hotel] There is also Light night club in the hotel so you would be spoiled for choice. Nice restaurant serving excellent food, I just can't say enough about the place, and it was really nice to get away from Dublin to meet some real people.

Room Tip: It was my first trip here but my room was on second floor and was very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elen W
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We are from Tyrone and stayed in the Hibernian Hotel on Friday 26/08/11 and found this to be a nice horel with great staff who know how to treat customers with care and hospitality They were all helpful including the receptionist, restaurant and bar staff, cleaners, and leisure attendant. The room was large and clean and confortable. I don't think anyone could have one complaint about this place. This Hotel and staff are a credit to Mallow and we will definately be back. If they keep doing what they are doing well at present and there is no need to change anything then this Hotel will continue to be successful.

Room Tip: I think all rooms shuold be fine. We just requested non smoking.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank glenelly
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Very busy hotel great food in the bar in the afternoon with a group of friends. Staff where very nice. Will be back again as I am new to the area

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank EagleEagleeye
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mallow
Charleville Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Charleville
Montenotte
The Montenotte Hotel
Sunday's Well
The Kingsley
The Kingsley
#5 of 23 in Cork

Been to The Hibernian Hotel and Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!