“Always excellent”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful food in beautiful surroundings. Staff are always so friendly and welcoming. Food is delicious and big portions. The bar section is great as well.

2  Thank LexiR
Karenpepperstack, Manager at The Pepperstack, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2015

Hello Lexi

And thank you again for your lovely review. We are blessed t have such friendly staff and a joy to serve such good food to customers like yourself!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

lovely setting, great view out across the bay, reasonably priced good service. Sat upstairs and ate early. seems to get very busy as the evening goes on

2  Thank PAULC1971

HI Paul

Thank you for your review. We are blessed to serve customers like yourself in such a beautiful part of the world. We hope that the food lives up to its surroundings!

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Cannot fault the food whatsoever to be fair but they dont exactly stack the plate full, and for the price you pay you'd think they would, still highly reccomend it :)!

2  Thank DarraghOSull92

Hello Darragh

Thank you for sharing the experience you had at The Pepperstack. I am sorry you felt that the portion of food you received was small because we usually are known for our generous portion. I am glad to hear you will have a return visit and look forward to seeing you then!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We have been going here over the years and I like to write a new review each year, because it never fails to deliver. The staff are lovely and welcoming, and the food is always really excellent. Their fish and chips is not to be missed. The chefs really know how to cook fish so that it is succulent and never dry. The desserts are amazing and huge. The price is also good, and you leave feeling you got great value. This is a lovely part of Cork County, a peninsula with wonderful views across to Crosshaven, Myrtleville, etc. When you're at Pepperstack, you should not miss driving a few miles further on to Roches Point lighthouse and Guileen.

2  Thank MaryCork

Hello Mary

Thank you for the lovely review on our restaurant and also on the surrounding area! It certainly is a beautiful part of the world and we are blessed to be situated here. We have an abundance of fresh fish to choose from which in turn we can cook for you! Sounds like you are a regular so I look forward to seeing you very soon!!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Myself, my husband and our 2 boys ate at the Pepperstack Bistro with our friends on a recent trip home from Trabolgan.
We discovered this Little Gem by chance, we stopped on our way to Trabolgan to see if they served breakfast, they didn't which i'm glad of as my husband was going on about it all day saying how nice it looked, we all decided to go there after Trabolgan, we arrived at about 6pm, they were more than happy to take 5 adults and 3 kids.
We were seated and our order was taken and a waitor came over to the table with 8 small espresso type cups with samples of the soup which was Buttersquash & Sweet Potato I think, it was delicious.
I had the Guinea Fowl which was gorgeous, My husband had the Twice Cooked Pork Belly which was also delicious.
I have 2 very fussy boys so when we go out for meals i'm always anxious about them finishing a meal, they loved the food they got and ate it all, this to me was the biggest bonus.
Friendly Staff, Lovely environment and very comfortable restaurant.
Can't recommend this Bistro enough, I would take the almost 2 hour drive from Portlaoise to have a another meal here.

2  Thank Murty25

Hello Murty

I love to read a review like yours as I feel it encapsulates what we try to do here. We love to see children happy as in turn I feel their parents will be happy. The Pork Belly and Guinea Fowl are two of our most popular specials and so I am very glad you enjoyed them. It would be a long drive from Portlaoise but we would be thrilled to have you back!!