“50th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Midleton
CORK
“50th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I recently celebrated my 50th Birthday with family and friends in the Midleton Park Hotel. We had it in the Garden Suite which was lovely and intimate. The food and service were great, and staff very helpful and nothing too much trouble. Thank you to Joanne for helping with preparations.
The rooms are very comfortable and spacious and breakfast great. I had friends who travelled from the U.K., Sligo and Dublin and all enjoyed the Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank 165ANN
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read about your Birthday Celebrations at the Midleton Park Hotel Garden Suite. We also appreciate your comments regarding our team and service and I look forward to relaying your feedback to all including Joanne.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review to Trip Advisor, it is truly appreciated and if we may ever be of assistance to you, your family or friends in the future please don't hesitate to contact me at pshields@midletonpark.com or by phone on (021) 463 5100.

Patrick Shields,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Huskisson, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed here while looking for work and a home in Cork as you can imagine that was a stressful time for me but thanks to the great staff and facilities at "the Park" my stress was kept to the bear minimum, the hotel is going through some refurb but you wouldn't even know, the bar and gym are perfect as was the service I received, I even got to meet the GM, Mr Patrick Shields, who was more than obliging and had nothing but time for his patrons, now I'm a local il be back to get some more of the best carvery I've seen in yonks.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank jcmcampbell
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Mr. Campbell,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent visit to the Midleton Park Hotel and also for the personal mention. It was a pleasure to meet you and I was glad I was able to assist.

We do hope to welcome you back to Midleton very soon and if I may ever be of assistance to you in the future please don't hesitate to contact me directly at pshields@midletonpark.com or by phone on (353) 21 463 5100.

Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just returned from 2 nights at Midleton Park Hotel, we were set to only stay Saturday but got a very good value late deal on the Sunday night as well. Had dinner in the restaurant on one night and food and service were both very good. All staff members we encountered were very friendly and helpful and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Peadar S
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read your feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed the Bank Holiday Weekend in Midleton. Thank you also for your comments regarding our brand new restaurant which, coupled with our new menus, has proven a real hit with our valued guests.

We hope to welcome you back very soon and if there is anything that I may assist you with in the future please don't hesitate to contact me on (021) 463 5100 or by e-mail at pshields@midletonpark.com.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Recently stay here with my husband, two year old son and my mother and I couldn't recommend the hotel enough. My husband and I both work in hotels so we normally pick up on things other people might miss but on this stay we didn't really notice much wrong. We were aware before we arrived that the hotel is going through an upgrade and change of ownership and this I can say is definitely for the best but did not affect our stay in any way. The rooms are clean, nice size and very cosy only negative thing I could say is the telly was old and not all channels working(room103) but my mothers room had a lovely flat screen so maybe it's one of those things on the to do list. We had dinner in the lovely new bar the menu was sightly small not a big choice but what we got was nice needs a little work on the presentation only negative thing we had to wait appox 15-20mins for our order to be taken when we counted 8 staff at one stage walking around we weren't in a rush so it didn't bother us too much as our son was playing with a couple of toys but at another time this could have been an issue. Breakfast was very nice really good selection of pastries, breads, cereals, mixed nuts etc on the beautiful island buffet. The hot buffet was lovely as well only negative thing is it's laid out backwards u should always start with rashers sausages and so on not mushrooms tomatoes etc but that's just little things other people might not notice it's just part of our jobs. We would recommend this hotel and we hope to return again to stay at some stage. We wish you all the very best with the new ownership the hotel is in very good hands

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Mrs. G,

Thank you for your well wishes and detailed review of your family's recent stay in Midleton. We very much appreciate your recommendation and take on board all comments. Our Management Team discuss valued Guest feedback at our Daily Meeting and I will ensure to relay your feedback to all.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future and if I may ever be of assistance to you please don't hesitate to contact me at pshields@midletonpark.com or by phone on (021) 463 5100.

Co. Louth
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here in May over a weekend. The hotel itself has new owners and is going through a refurbishment which was performed invisible to guests. The refurbishment is needed as the hotel starts to be a bit shabby in the corners. Same goes for the changing rooms for the spa which were dirty.
The room, ignoring the worn bits, was great I do have to say. The bed was HUGE and comfortable and you could not hear your neighbors which is good. The hotel was apparently full but this did not disturb us. In fact you barely noticed the other guests.
The bar was ok with nice food and fairly efficient personnel so no complaints.

In summary, I'd go again, once the refurbishment is complete.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter R
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to Midleton Park Hotel. As you experienced, we are currently undergoing a €1 million refurbishment which is set to be complete very soon and the whole team are very much looking forward to sharing all of our new facilities with our valued Guests.

We take on board your feedback and I will ensure to relay your comments to the team at our Weekly Management Meeting. If you would like to discuss further any on the points raised please don't hesitate to contact me directly at pshields@midletonpark.com or by phone on (021) 463 5100.

Thank you again for your Trip Advisor post and we do hope to welcome you back to Midleton in the not too distant future so that we may not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

stayed here with my husband and 3 kids. lovely clean hotel with great facilities. getting milk and bottle heated was no trouble at all. the kids club was a welcome bonus. 2 eldest ate their tea and played in club for few hours. whilst me and hubby ate a rare meal in peace, while baby slept in pram. staff were extremely friendly and helpful. looking forward to returning

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank linda d
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read about your family's experience with us recently. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable visit.

Summer time at Midleton Park Hotel will see us welcome many more families and we very much look forward to sharing all of our new facilities with our valued guests.

We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future and thank you again for your lovely review.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed with husband and 2 kids recently for a 1 night stay.a lovely hotel and very pleasant staff.fabulous leisure centre facilities, great for the kids.and lovely outdoor hot tub for the parents. The newly renovated restaurant was beautiful and served a fabulous breakfast.will definitely be back again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Linda S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to Midleton with your family. I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable experience.

We appreciate your comments regarding our newly renovated restaurant. Talbot Hotel Group have embarked on a €1 million refurbishment program of Midleton Park Hotel which is set to be complete very soon and the whole team are really enjoying sharing our fantastic new facilities with our valued guests.

We do hope to see you again soon and please don't hesitate to contact the team if we may be of any assistance whatsoever.

General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midleton
Fota Island Resort
Garryvoe Hotel
#1 of 1 in Garryvoe
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork
Bella Vista Hotel & Self Catering Suites

Been to Midleton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!