“One overnight in Cork”

Midleton Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Midleton
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We spent last night in the Midleton Park Hotel, we were in Cork for a family occasion. This was a very pleasant experience. It is in the process of being refurbished but this does not in any interfere with the comfort of the clients. Our room was very spacious and bright as was our daughters room. The breakfast was exceptionally good. Hot / cold buffet/ fresh fruit/ smoked salmon and full Irish with a huge selection of breads, scrambled eggs, mushrooms. hash browns rashers, sausages, tomatoes fried eggs cooked to order. Very pleasant staff on reception and dining room, housekeeping staff greeted with a smiling good morning. Very nice hotel

Room Tip: Try to select a room at the back as we were in front and could hear the traffic
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary B
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to Midleton Park Hotel. It was great to read that you found our team to be friendly and helpful, they are our number 1 asset and our objective is always to not only meet but exceed the expectations of our valued guests.

It was a real encouragement to receive your feedback regarding breakfast as the refurbishment has transformed our offering in this regard. We are also glad that you were happy with your rooms and we do hope that traffic did not disturb you too much.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave a Trip Advisor post and we look forward to welcoming you back to Midleton in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was here in May 2014 with a group. I enjoyed the hotel, which has recently been modernised. The thing that stood out about the Midleton Park was the friendliness and helpful nature of the Manager, who was excellent.
The main street of Midleton with great pubs is only a 5-min walk from the hotel, which also has ample car parking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank pfmireland
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Midleton Park Hotel. It was an encouragement to read your comments and we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We very much hope to welcome you back to Midleton very soon and please don't hesitate to contact the team on (021) 463 5100 if we may be of any assistance whatsoever.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Myself and my wife are just back from a lovely weekend in Midleton. We got a Groupon deal for 2 nights B&B for 2 people at €95. As we were paying so little, I expected a small room, or one that was noisy, or hard to get there. Our room was huge. Really big. We were close to the leisure centre and far away from the bar and function room, so we were assured a good night sleep.

The only real downside is that the room was a little tired looking - the carpet was a bit worn, and the décor wasn't up to much, but this is a small complaint, and considering the cost it was no big deal'

The bed was firm (to my liking) and everything was perfectly clean. The shower had ample pressure and plenty of hot water. Free wifi too!

The leisure centre was just beside our room. I'd suggest using it early morning or after 7PM as it's full of children at other times. Post 7PM we practically had the place to ourselves and had a very peaceful swim. Unfortunately, the steam room was out of order, but the sauna, Jacuzzi and outdoor hot tub were fine.

Breakfast was excellent. It was the usual Irish hotel buffet, but everything was pretty fresh, even though we turned up at 10:30 on Saturday morning, just at the end of service. Eggs were cooked to order, which was a nice touch, and freshly cooked pancakes, waffles and French toast were also available. On Saturday I ate so much I skipped lunch as I was full until Dinner at 9:30 PM.

Special mention to the staff. There really was the Ceád Mile Failte that I haven't seen in an Irish hotel in years. Everyone from the young people running the leisure centre, to the ladies serving breakfast were friendly, chatty and welcoming. Midleton is such a lovely town too - I'll be back soon I'm sure.

Room Tip: 123 is a good big room away from the bar and function room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank emmmceee
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review of Midleton Park Hotel, I enjoyed reading your feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to post to Trip Advisor.

We take on board all comments and receive and use valued guest feedback as a benchmark for our performance. I was delighted to read that you felt you received good value. Regarding our guest bedrooms I am glad to report that they are part of our €1 million refurbishment program and the whole team very much look forward to sharing the brand new Midleton Park Hotel with our valued guests.

Most pleasing to receive were your comments regarding the staff members encountered during your visit. We are very fortunate at Midleton Park Hotel to have such an experienced and friendly team and I am delighted that you had such an pleasant experience with all.

Thank you again for your review and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I may ever be of assistance to you in the future please don't hesitate to contact me by e-mail at pshields@midletonpark.com or by phone on (021) 463 5100.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We booked in our party of 43 girl guides and 8 leaders for food and were attended to very promtly in a warm and welcoming way. The food was excellent as was the service. I would highly recommend using The Midleton Park Hotel - very child friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Barbara R
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome your Girl Guides & Leaders group to Midleton Park Hotel Cafe Bar at the weekend. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable experience.

We do hope that you had a comfortable journey home to the South East and if I may ever be of assistance to you in the future please don't hesitate to contact me directly at pshields@midletonpark.com or by phone on (021) 463 5100.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed in the hotel on the bank holiday Sunday & decided to spend a bit more for their Presidential Suite..WOW! It's like a 5 star hotel room..huge comfy bed, living room, huge Jacuzzi tub & lovely view over the gardens. We stayed in the Hotel 5 years ago sooo much has changed since our last stay. The lobby is beautiful & the new restaurant was top class. The friendly staff that greeted us on arrival made our stay. We went to the bar on the Sunday to find they had live music which was a nice treat. We also took a dip in their outdoor hot tub after breakfast which is lovely! I would highly recommend this hotel. We will definitely be back! Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and upgrade to 311
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Anthony C
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review of your Bank Holiday visit to Midleton. It was a real encouragement to receive your feedback and I look forward to relaying your comments to the team.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our refurbishment. Talbot Hotel Group have invested a further €1 million in the Hotel and Spa and the whole team are so excited to share the developments with our valued guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to post to Trip Advisor and if I may ever be of assistance in the future please don't hesitate to contact me directly at pshields@midletonpark.com or by phone on (021) 463 5100. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I recently celebrated my 50th Birthday with family and friends in the Midleton Park Hotel. We had it in the Garden Suite which was lovely and intimate. The food and service were great, and staff very helpful and nothing too much trouble. Thank you to Joanne for helping with preparations.
The rooms are very comfortable and spacious and breakfast great. I had friends who travelled from the U.K., Sligo and Dublin and all enjoyed the Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank 165ANN
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read about your Birthday Celebrations at the Midleton Park Hotel Garden Suite. We also appreciate your comments regarding our team and service and I look forward to relaying your feedback to all including Joanne.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review to Trip Advisor, it is truly appreciated and if we may ever be of assistance to you, your family or friends in the future please don't hesitate to contact me at pshields@midletonpark.com or by phone on (021) 463 5100.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed here while looking for work and a home in Cork as you can imagine that was a stressful time for me but thanks to the great staff and facilities at "the Park" my stress was kept to the bear minimum, the hotel is going through some refurb but you wouldn't even know, the bar and gym are perfect as was the service I received, I even got to meet the GM, Mr Patrick Shields, who was more than obliging and had nothing but time for his patrons, now I'm a local il be back to get some more of the best carvery I've seen in yonks.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank jcmcampbell
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Mr. Campbell,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent visit to the Midleton Park Hotel and also for the personal mention. It was a pleasure to meet you and I was glad I was able to assist.

We do hope to welcome you back to Midleton very soon and if I may ever be of assistance to you in the future please don't hesitate to contact me directly at pshields@midletonpark.com or by phone on (353) 21 463 5100.

Patrick Shields,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midleton
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork
Castlemartyr Resort
Castlemartyr Resort
#1 of 2 in Castlemartyr
Bella Vista Hotel & Self Catering Suites

Been to Midleton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!