“Great place to stay, super friendly staff, lovely rooms plus AMAZING breakfast!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Midleton Park Hotel

Midleton Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Midleton
County Wicklow, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed in the Midleton Park Hotel on our way down to West Cork and got a great deal on it. When booking I thought the receptionist was so charming and helpful on the phone and when I arrived I realised just how great this was as the phones in reception seemed to be ringing off the hook. It was great to see the hotel was justifiably doing so well and booked out the night we stayed and the glamorous receptionist who checked us in said they were enjoying full occupancy for weeks at a time.

We stayed in a deluxe room which was very roomy and well furnished with a giant and very comfy bed, table and chairs and desk. There was free, very fast wi-fi and a small flat screen tv. The view was onto a courtyard and my only complaint is that it was soooooo hot as Ireland in the grips of a rare heatwave and hotels I am sure like Irish houses designed to keep in the heat not let in the cool. I imagine there is a heath and safety rule about why the windows cannot be opened fully but it would have been wonderful to do so.

We were very very impressed by the extensive and delicious breakfast which as a non meat eater I was delighted to see included plaice. However my husband who was equally thrilled to see omelettes were on offer very gallantly ordered me an omelette before I spotted the sign saying one could order fish -grrrr!

I would suggest maybe better to put a menu on the table rather than signs by the hot breakfast serving area so guests could consider their considerable and delicious options.

Having said that the omelette was FABULOUS! I was also very delighted and impressed by the freshly squeezed orange juice, smoked salmon, cheese board, fruit selection and tempting pasteries, breads and jams.

It really was an outstanding breakfast and we felt much like Henry the Eight surrounded by this fantastic and seemingly endless spread. Coffee was wonderful too and my only gripe was the sign saying speciality coffee was available at a surcharge of something like 2.65 (apologies if this is not spot on).

We both adore having cappuccinos for breakfast and find these days if they are available they are usually included in the breakfast which makes it extra special for us so that just hit a sour note with us when we walked in. However the generosity of the breakfast soon made up for that little wrinkle.

Staff at reception were most charming throughout our stay and especially the tall dark haired young gentleman who checked us out (apologies for not recalling your name). We were also very impressed with the cheery and enchanting young Polish housekeeping lady we met outside our room (again apologies for lack of name!). It was such a stiflingly hot day and she greeted us so warmly and was so friendly and bubbly it really made our day and all the more remarkable that she could present such a wonderful smiley face and such great hospitlality and presence as she was working hard in the conditions we were just complaining about holidaying in.

We had a late 2pm check out as part of our deal so I do understand how our case was out of the norm but one teeny bugbear was that later on that morning after breakfast another member of the housekeeping team ignored our "Do not disturb" sign on the door and knocked and entered before I had a chance to get to the door and then a while later we got a phone call at 1.30 asking when we were going to check out. I do understand that as noon is the normal check out and with the hotel at full occupancy there was huge pressure on housekeeping to get the rooms ready for the new guests but I think a little attention to detail would have been much appreciated by us as we did start to feel a bit hunted towards the end of our stay!

This however was just a tiny blot on an otherwise pristine and very impressive copybook and sadly we find that more and more "Do not Disturb" signs are completely ignored. One hotel we stayed at in Romania manged to make up our room every morning while we were at breakfast despite the sign hanging on the door whihc I had put there as wanted to have a chance to just tidy away before the room was cleaned. Similarly in most hotels I find a "Do Not Disturb" sign means a knock on the door from housekeeping at some stage or a phone call both kindly enquiring whether room servicing or extra supplies are needed. I imagine this must be procedure but I think really a "Do not Disturb" sign should be taken at face value and snoozy guests who put it up and then expect their room to be done after housekeeping has finished for the day have only themselves to blame. Equally I think the guest should be given credit for knowing that they really do NOT wish to be disturbed and should they need extra soap/towels/tea/coffee they probably would be able to get it together to contact reception with their requests instead of having their relaxation and maybe even nap harshly interupted by an unexpected phone call however well meaning it may be.

Anyway as I mentioned this is my personal bete noir and sadly the norm today, but did not diminish our great enjoyment of our stay which otherwise was just flawless.

Nothing says more about about how a hotel is run than meeting friendly smiling genuine staff who are eager to make sure your stay is a pleasant one and from the receptionist who took our booking over the phone to the great good morning from the Polish housekeeper to the super helpful waiting staff right through to the enthusiastic and charming send off from the gentleman in reception we simply couldn't have wished to be treated better by nicer people.

Plus well worth staying there just for those simply amazing breakfasts - so good that they are simply in totally another class from the average Irish hotel breakfast. DEEEEE- Licious!!!!

Thanks to all at Midleton Park Hotel who made our stay so lovely.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms were huge and with the free parking, free wi-fi, huge duper comfy beds and wonderfu...
2 Thank BonneVoyager
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic, detailed review of Midleton Park Hotel. We enjoyed reading your post and I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us. I believe I spoke with you on your departure from the hotel as I was the person standing behind the desk and it was a pleasure to meet you and chat with you both.

We take on board all of your comments as we believe feedback is the only true benchmark in judging our performance. In relation to breakfast I have noted all of your points raised and we will discuss them in our Weekly management meeting on Thursday to see if we can make any changes in this regard. We also apologise for any inconvenience caused to you by members of our Accommodation and Front Office teams entering your room & contacting your room and thank you for your comments in relation to your interaction with them. Your feedback allows us to highlight areas in which we can continually strive to improve.

If I may ever be of assistance to you in the future please don't hesitate to contact me directly at poshield@midletonpark.com or by phone on (021) 463 5100. Thank you again for taking the time to post such amazing feedback and we do hope to welcome you back to Midleton Park in the not too distant future.

Patrick Shields,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
tralee co kerry ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

4 of us stayed in the midleton park hotel on the 14th. june We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is so comfortable very relaxing beautiful . The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. The
breakfast was fantastic. I . would recommend a stay at this friendly hotel . angela f

Room Tip: near leisure center
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent visit to Midleton Park Hotel. We were delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay.

We very much appreciate your recommendation and if we may ever be of assistance to you in the future please don't hesitate to contact the team on (021) 463 5100.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Recently stayed in the Midleton Park Hotel, I was very impressed, great facilities, very easy to get to and pleasant very helpful staff. The food is great, the rooms are good and comfortable though air con would've been a help as the nights we stayed were up at 25 C. Very near Cork City just 10 mins away! Overall I would recommend it to anyone for a good break!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review and recommendation of your recent visit to East Cork. It was a pleasure to read your comments, especially in relation to our team and we are grateful for your feedback.

We were fortunate to experience some exceptionally hot weather this past week and we do hope you did not find the heat too uncomfortable during your stay.

Thank you again for your Trip Advisor post and we very much hope to welcome you back to the Midleton Park Hotel very soon.

cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights during the Irish open.Fantastic hotel,great value for money and wonderful staff.The refurb going on has improved the hotel 100%. Breakfast was fantastic. They had a complementary shuttle bus to the golf and even though the bus driver left early and we were left stranded in fota, the manager came and picked us up in his car and we got a €25 discount off our bill when we checked out. We already booked another weekend there in August before we left.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mush71
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and feedback and it is a real encouragement to receive your comments in relation to our team and service. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Midleton in August.

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused in relation to our shuttle service. Unfortunately, due to the level of security at the Irish Open our shuttle was at the mercy of the authorities on one occasion. I was glad to read that the Manager on Duty was able to assist you promptly.

Thank you again for your Trip Advisor post and please do not hesitate to contact me personally at pshields@midletonpark.com or by phone on (021) 463 5100 if I can assist in any way.

Navan, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Recently stayed in the Midleton park on a business trip, was very impressed, great facilities, very easy to get to and pleasant helpful staff; particularly the waiting staff who deserve a seperate mention of their own in my book. The food is beautiful, the rooms are spacious and comfortable though air con would've been nice as it was very warm during the stay, the gym is a little small but has plenty of equipment and friendly supervisors and the swimming pool is lovely.
Recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recommendation of Midleton Park Hotel. We very much appreciate your feedback, in particular your comments regarding our team who consistently adhere to our objective of exceeding the expectations of our valued Guests.

We very much hope to welcome you back to Midleton very soon and if I may ever be of assistance to you in the future please don't hesitate to contact me on (021) 463 5100 or by e-mail at pshields@midletonpark.com

Cork
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed overnight on Sunday last, really disappointed with stay. Room was very warm, heater could not be turned off , had to leave windows open, few other things also not great. Had stayed before and enjoyed so much more. Staff great, really nice and friendly !

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Guest,

It is with regret and disappointment that we receive your feedback and apologise for any inconvenience caused. If it is convenient for you, I would be grateful if you could contact me directly at pshields@midletonpark.com or by phone on (021) 463 5100 to further discuss all points raised within your review.

Thank you for choosing Midleton Park Hotel and for your comments in relation to our team. We very much hope to welcome you back to, not only meet, but exceed your expectations in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed in the Midleton Park Hotel 6th to 8th June last. Our bedroom was quite large, very clean and well maintained. The bedroom was on the ground floor with a railing around the window for security (you could still open the window) - which was a nice touch. All the staff that we (my sister & I) encountered were very friendly as well as efficient, enthusiastic & very helpful/accommodating.

We didn't use the restaurant but ate in the bar, great variety of starters & Main courses and very well presented (you can get a starter as main course also). My sister who is a celiac & regularly has trouble eating out (with the limited selection that most eateries offer), the offerings here were very extensive, right down the being able to eat chips, breads and a variety of desserts (it was a real plus), with most meals on the menu being capable of being served gluton-free. a HUGH thank you for that!

We spent the evenings in the lobby area, which again was nicely decorated and quiet - with most clientele staying in the bar where the entertainment was.

We also spent a lovely morning in the spa & swimming area - again all the staff were were very helpful & accommodating - thank you ladies, it was greatly needed! I had a head & back massage while my sister got her nails manicured & Shellac'ed, unfortunately the steam room was out of order so we had to 'make do' with the outdoor hot-tub!!! (LOL) first time ever for me - fantastic (except for the running to & from indoor area).

The whole of Midelton was exceptionally clean and well maintained. There is lots to do & see in Midleton and the surrounding area and (as in the hotel) everybody we came across was very friendly & helpful.

The Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings is a must also! Although it is small, again the variety of stalls is fantastic (including a stall that sells Gluton Free cakes ONLY).

If you are deciding on a weekend break or longer - visit here and stay at the Midleton Park Hotel - you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Some of the double beds are 2 single beds locked together - making for an even bigger double bed but...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sharonf2007
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful, detailed review of Midleton Park Hotel & Leisure Club. It was a pleasure to read that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and we thank you very much for your feedback.

Our team are recognised as our number one asset and we are very fortunate to have so many dedicated members of staff in all areas of the hotel .Our mantra is to exceed the expectations of our valued Guests with every interaction and I am so delighted to read your comments in relation to your experience with all.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused in relation to steam room and sauna however our valued Guests can rest assured that both are up and running again following a brief maintenance closure.

If I may ever be of assistance to you in the future please don't hesitate to contact me directly at pshields@midletonpark.com or by phone on (021) 463 5100 and e very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Patrick Shields,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midleton
Castlemartyr Resort
Garryvoe Hotel
#1 of 1 in Garryvoe
WatersEdge Hotel
#2 of 4 in Cobh

Been to Midleton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!