Midleton Park Hotel
Fota Island Resort(Fota Island)
US$375
Priceline
HotelQuickly
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspresidential suiteleisure centrekids clubjameson distillerywedding coordinatorcarvery lunchoutdoor hot tubfunction roomfrom start to finishwildlife parkfantastic hotelfood was lovelyfamily roomcork cityafternoon teafamily breakwedding venue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed in the Midleton Park Hotel last night. We got a very good deal with dinner bed and breakfast. I emailed ahead to request a travel cot as we were travelling with our 18 month old. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived and found as had a lovely spacious room. Though the decor is a little dated everything else was perfect. The bed was queen sized and everything was spotless.
We went to the leisure centre where the female lifeguard was so so helpful when our little one had her first experience in the pool ( she did NOT like it initially!)
We had a three course meal and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and we found the same at breakfast. There was a wonderful choice of good also.
There is a large Tesco store across the street if you need anything. During our stay we also visited Cobh to go to the Titanic Experience and we went to Fota Island both places were very accessible from the hotel.

All in all it was a lovely break and I will definitely return to the Midleton Park Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent visit to Midleton Park Hotel. It was a pleasure to read your comments and we appreciate you taking the time to post to Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read about your interaction with our team members who we recognise as our number one asset. If we may ever be of assistance to you in the future please don't hesitate to contact the team on (021) 463 5100 and we hope to welcome you back to East Cork very soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Nice place, easy parking, spacious modern rooms.

Restaurant does good food, but my order was wrong on last visit, still charged full price.
Waiting time between courses was ridiculous. Small child at the table beside me wanted chicken from the kids menu, and was told it would take at least half an hour to cook... Her dad ordered the roast beef, but it was finished, and it was only 7pm, fair enough later in the evening.

I maybe am a little harsh, but for a 4 star establishment i would expect bettet

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review to Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. It was with regret that I read that not all aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction. If you would like to discuss any of the points raised I would be delighted to hear from you at (021) 463 5100 or by e-mail at pshields@midletonpark.com and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We very much hope to welcome you back in the future so that we may not only meet but exceed your expectations and thank you for your feedback.

General Manager.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights as is near to family and is ideal for the town. Check in efficient and staff helpful. Room very big, on 2nd floor and to the front of the hotel. There is no way of regulating the temperature in the room which ordinarily wouldn't be a problem but it was very warm so we had the windows open and it was quite noisy in the early morning a room in the back would sort this issue out.

The leisure centre and pool are great and well worth using, there is also a spa which I didn't get to use.

Breakfast was good, plenty of choice and the restaurant had a nice atmosphere. The bar sadly felt a little sterile and a bit like a corridor but perhaps it was where we were sitting.

There are refurbishments going on but you wouldn't know it.

The management team take customer satisfaction seriously and will do everything they can to make your stay an enjoyable experience.

Will be back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Love_Australia
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at Midleton Park Hotel. I was glad to read that you had an enjoyable experience with us overall.

We take on board all feedback and I am grateful for the opportunity to relay all comments to the team to ensure that we continually improve our service and offering.

If you would like to discuss any of the points raised in your review with me I would be delighted to hear from you at pshields@midletonpark.com or by phone on (021) 463 5100. We very much hope to welcome you back very soon and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We spent 5 wonderful nights and days in the hotel, the welcome and ease with which we were able to book in was totally stress free. We got 2 very spacious rooms to accommodate the 5 adults in our group, bearing in mind that the hotel is in the midst of being refurbished the rooms we stayed in are not yet updated but were well laid out and not the least bit tired or worn looking, there were quite a few comments on how well each of us slept in the massive beds.
Like most reviews we were well impressed with the breakfast both in the variety and amount available, the waiting staff were very cheery and helpful and attentive. We also availed of the menu in the bar on several evenings and on each occasion we had different options so we can recommend that no matter what option you decide on it will not disappoint you.
We have no reservations in recommending the hotel to any of our friends and we hope that we will have the excuse or opportunity to visit it again ourselves.

So lastly I want to commend the wonderful staff and management of the hotel who helped make our stay so enjoyable, Thank you !!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Eddie M
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback in relation to your stay with us at Midleton Park Hotel. We very much appreciate your comments regarding our team and glad to read that you were undisturbed by our refurbishment.

Thank you also for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to East Cork in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed in the Midleton Park Hotel on our way down to West Cork and got a great deal on it. When booking I thought the receptionist was so charming and helpful on the phone and when I arrived I realised just how great this was as the phones in reception seemed to be ringing off the hook. It was great to see the hotel was justifiably doing so well and booked out the night we stayed and the glamorous receptionist who checked us in said they were enjoying full occupancy for weeks at a time.

We stayed in a deluxe room which was very roomy and well furnished with a giant and very comfy bed, table and chairs and desk. There was free, very fast wi-fi and a small flat screen tv. The view was onto a courtyard and my only complaint is that it was soooooo hot as Ireland in the grips of a rare heatwave and hotels I am sure like Irish houses designed to keep in the heat not let in the cool. I imagine there is a heath and safety rule about why the windows cannot be opened fully but it would have been wonderful to do so.

We were very very impressed by the extensive and delicious breakfast which as a non meat eater I was delighted to see included plaice. However my husband who was equally thrilled to see omelettes were on offer very gallantly ordered me an omelette before I spotted the sign saying one could order fish -grrrr!

I would suggest maybe better to put a menu on the table rather than signs by the hot breakfast serving area so guests could consider their considerable and delicious options.

Having said that the omelette was FABULOUS! I was also very delighted and impressed by the freshly squeezed orange juice, smoked salmon, cheese board, fruit selection and tempting pasteries, breads and jams.

It really was an outstanding breakfast and we felt much like Henry the Eight surrounded by this fantastic and seemingly endless spread. Coffee was wonderful too and my only gripe was the sign saying speciality coffee was available at a surcharge of something like 2.65 (apologies if this is not spot on).

We both adore having cappuccinos for breakfast and find these days if they are available they are usually included in the breakfast which makes it extra special for us so that just hit a sour note with us when we walked in. However the generosity of the breakfast soon made up for that little wrinkle.

Staff at reception were most charming throughout our stay and especially the tall dark haired young gentleman who checked us out (apologies for not recalling your name). We were also very impressed with the cheery and enchanting young Polish housekeeping lady we met outside our room (again apologies for lack of name!). It was such a stiflingly hot day and she greeted us so warmly and was so friendly and bubbly it really made our day and all the more remarkable that she could present such a wonderful smiley face and such great hospitlality and presence as she was working hard in the conditions we were just complaining about holidaying in.

We had a late 2pm check out as part of our deal so I do understand how our case was out of the norm but one teeny bugbear was that later on that morning after breakfast another member of the housekeeping team ignored our "Do not disturb" sign on the door and knocked and entered before I had a chance to get to the door and then a while later we got a phone call at 1.30 asking when we were going to check out. I do understand that as noon is the normal check out and with the hotel at full occupancy there was huge pressure on housekeeping to get the rooms ready for the new guests but I think a little attention to detail would have been much appreciated by us as we did start to feel a bit hunted towards the end of our stay!

This however was just a tiny blot on an otherwise pristine and very impressive copybook and sadly we find that more and more "Do not Disturb" signs are completely ignored. One hotel we stayed at in Romania manged to make up our room every morning while we were at breakfast despite the sign hanging on the door whihc I had put there as wanted to have a chance to just tidy away before the room was cleaned. Similarly in most hotels I find a "Do Not Disturb" sign means a knock on the door from housekeeping at some stage or a phone call both kindly enquiring whether room servicing or extra supplies are needed. I imagine this must be procedure but I think really a "Do not Disturb" sign should be taken at face value and snoozy guests who put it up and then expect their room to be done after housekeeping has finished for the day have only themselves to blame. Equally I think the guest should be given credit for knowing that they really do NOT wish to be disturbed and should they need extra soap/towels/tea/coffee they probably would be able to get it together to contact reception with their requests instead of having their relaxation and maybe even nap harshly interupted by an unexpected phone call however well meaning it may be.

Anyway as I mentioned this is my personal bete noir and sadly the norm today, but did not diminish our great enjoyment of our stay which otherwise was just flawless.

Nothing says more about about how a hotel is run than meeting friendly smiling genuine staff who are eager to make sure your stay is a pleasant one and from the receptionist who took our booking over the phone to the great good morning from the Polish housekeeper to the super helpful waiting staff right through to the enthusiastic and charming send off from the gentleman in reception we simply couldn't have wished to be treated better by nicer people.

Plus well worth staying there just for those simply amazing breakfasts - so good that they are simply in totally another class from the average Irish hotel breakfast. DEEEEE- Licious!!!!

Thanks to all at Midleton Park Hotel who made our stay so lovely.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms were huge and with the free parking, free wi-fi, huge duper comfy beds and wonderful breakfast one could not ask for more :-)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BonneVoyager
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic, detailed review of Midleton Park Hotel. We enjoyed reading your post and I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us. I believe I spoke with you on your departure from the hotel as I was the person standing behind the desk and it was a pleasure to meet you and chat with you both.

We take on board all of your comments as we believe feedback is the only true benchmark in judging our performance. In relation to breakfast I have noted all of your points raised and we will discuss them in our Weekly management meeting on Thursday to see if we can make any changes in this regard. We also apologise for any inconvenience caused to you by members of our Accommodation and Front Office teams entering your room & contacting your room and thank you for your comments in relation to your interaction with them. Your feedback allows us to highlight areas in which we can continually strive to improve.

If I may ever be of assistance to you in the future please don't hesitate to contact me directly at poshield@midletonpark.com or by phone on (021) 463 5100. Thank you again for taking the time to post such amazing feedback and we do hope to welcome you back to Midleton Park in the not too distant future.