“Very good hotel with a few complaints.”

Midleton Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Midleton
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Overall we had a very positive experience. The impression we got of this hotel is that it is well managed. It appears to have high standards of customer service and all staff put every effort into ensuring quality experience for visitors. A few examples
*Staff were well trained, pleasant and attentive. Particular mention for the reception staff who took any complaints on board. Also excellent, despite being very busy, were the ladies who waited on the tables, kind, attentive...just lovely. The leisure centre staff also excellent with a high focus on health and safety and cleanliness. Management should be proud of this team.
*The quality and range of the food at breakfast was truly excellent.
*The facilities in the leisure centre were excellent, just watch the depth of the pool with smallies it is very deep.

Negatives
There was a wedding on the first night we stayed and the level of noise from guests returning to their rooms was ridiculous. People were drunkenly shouting in the corridors from 2am-4.30am. We had 3 kids under 10 sleeping in our room and luckily they didnt wake but I didnt sleep a wink and it made me tired and grumpy the next day. I have no problem with a good hooly but there is a responsibility on management to either segregate families from the revellers or curb their enthusiasm. I complained the next morning and the duty manager listened intently to my complaint. He assured me it would be quiet the next night and despite the fact the hotel was full, there wasnt a sound. No harm done but it should be considered for future events. Also the tv in our room was an ancient artifact and two of the stations were frozen. No doubt it will be replaced as part of the refurbishment.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the end of a corridor especially if there is a function.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank keadm
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post to Trip Advisor and for your objective review. We very much appreciate your comments in relation to our staff and services. We recognise that our team is our number one asset in striving to exceed the expectations of our valued Guests,

It was with regret that we received your feedback in relation to noise and may I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you on Friday night. If you would like to discuss any of the points in your review further I would be glad to hear from you at pshields@midletonpark.com or by phone on (021) 463 5100.

Thank you for choosing Midleton Park Hotel and I very much hope to welcome you back in the future so that we may not only meet but exceed your expectations.

General Manager.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Just back from a short stay in the Midleton Park Hotel. Well done to all the staff and management for the quality of the service. Top class food also and friendly staff. I wouldn't expect anything less from the Talbot Group. Hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: Rooms are being updated at the moment but at least they are spacious which is good when looking for...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review and endorsement of Midleton Park Hotel. It was a pleasure to read your feedback, particularly in relation to our team.

We are very fortunate to be a part of such a progressive Hotel Group as Talbot who have invested €1 million into the hotel since March, 2014 and it is always a real encouragement to receive such great feedback as yours with regards to our service and staff.

Thank you again for taking the time to post to Trip Advisor and we very much hope to welcome you back to East Cork very soon.

Midleton Park Hotel

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We used the hotel as a base whilst working on a near bye power station. The hotel is quiet a distance for Cork in the small town called Mildeton which has it's own charm . The Hotel has a large car park which is shared with the fitness centre. The restaurant is very good with quality food and drink and very pleasant staff . Breakfast is high quality with eggs cooked to order.

Room Tip: My colleague had a room near to the lift and found it noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay at Midleton Park Hotel. we truly appreciate your feedback and for taking the time to post to Trip Advisor.

It was a real encouragement to read your comments in relation to our team and Restaurant and I was delighted to see that you had a enjoyable experience with us.

We very much hope to welcome you back very soon and thank you for choosing Midleton Park Hotel.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed in the Midleton Park last week and was delighted to see the wonderful renovations that have been taking place since my last visit in October last year. Thankfully, the staff have not changed and are still as friendly and welcoming as they have always been.

This hotel is an ideal spot for anyone with children as their kids club is fantastic. The girls do a great job!

The room was lovely, clean and spacious and the breakfast is really good. If I could I would give 3.5/5 I would as my only two gripes were that the wifi was very patchy in the bedroom throughout our stay (it was perfect in the public areas to be fair) and that the bar food wasn't great. That said, when I brought it to the attention of the manager, they really took my feedback on board.

I would certainly visit the hotel again if I'm in the area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Midleton Park Hotel. We very much appreciate your comments in relation to our team, kids club and rooms. It was with regret that we received your feedback in relation to WiFi and Bar Meal.

We have audited all areas of the Hotel for WiFi connection and I can ensure our Valued Guests that it is in full working order. If it is convenient for you, I would also be grateful if you could contact me in relation to the Bar Food during your visit as your feedback in this regard is the exception as opposed to the norm. I am contactable at (021) 463 5100 or by e-mail at pshields@midletonpark.com.

Thank you again for taking the time to post to Trip Advisor and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to East Cork so that we may not only meet but exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed in the Midleton Park Hotel last night. We got a very good deal with dinner bed and breakfast. I emailed ahead to request a travel cot as we were travelling with our 18 month old. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived and found as had a lovely spacious room. Though the decor is a little dated everything else was perfect. The bed was queen sized and everything was spotless.
We went to the leisure centre where the female lifeguard was so so helpful when our little one had her first experience in the pool ( she did NOT like it initially!)
We had a three course meal and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and we found the same at breakfast. There was a wonderful choice of good also.
There is a large Tesco store across the street if you need anything. During our stay we also visited Cobh to go to the Titanic Experience and we went to Fota Island both places were very accessible from the hotel.

All in all it was a lovely break and I will definitely return to the Midleton Park Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent visit to Midleton Park Hotel. It was a pleasure to read your comments and we appreciate you taking the time to post to Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read about your interaction with our team members who we recognise as our number one asset. If we may ever be of assistance to you in the future please don't hesitate to contact the team on (021) 463 5100 and we hope to welcome you back to East Cork very soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Nice place, easy parking, spacious modern rooms.

Restaurant does good food, but my order was wrong on last visit, still charged full price.
Waiting time between courses was ridiculous. Small child at the table beside me wanted chicken from the kids menu, and was told it would take at least half an hour to cook... Her dad ordered the roast beef, but it was finished, and it was only 7pm, fair enough later in the evening.

I maybe am a little harsh, but for a 4 star establishment i would expect bettet

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review to Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. It was with regret that I read that not all aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction. If you would like to discuss any of the points raised I would be delighted to hear from you at (021) 463 5100 or by e-mail at pshields@midletonpark.com and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We very much hope to welcome you back in the future so that we may not only meet but exceed your expectations and thank you for your feedback.

General Manager.

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights as is near to family and is ideal for the town. Check in efficient and staff helpful. Room very big, on 2nd floor and to the front of the hotel. There is no way of regulating the temperature in the room which ordinarily wouldn't be a problem but it was very warm so we had the windows open and it was quite noisy in the early morning a room in the back would sort this issue out.

The leisure centre and pool are great and well worth using, there is also a spa which I didn't get to use.

Breakfast was good, plenty of choice and the restaurant had a nice atmosphere. The bar sadly felt a little sterile and a bit like a corridor but perhaps it was where we were sitting.

There are refurbishments going on but you wouldn't know it.

The management team take customer satisfaction seriously and will do everything they can to make your stay an enjoyable experience.

Will be back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Love_Australia
GMMidleton, Manager at Midleton Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at Midleton Park Hotel. I was glad to read that you had an enjoyable experience with us overall.

We take on board all feedback and I am grateful for the opportunity to relay all comments to the team to ensure that we continually improve our service and offering.

If you would like to discuss any of the points raised in your review with me I would be delighted to hear from you at pshields@midletonpark.com or by phone on (021) 463 5100. We very much hope to welcome you back very soon and thank you again for your review.

Patrick Shields,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midleton
Castlemartyr Resort
Fota Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Fota Island
Douglas
Rochestown Park Hotel

Been to Midleton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!