“Very accommodating” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oatencake Lodge B&B

Oatencake Lodge B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Midleton
Oatencake Lodge B&B
Ranked #2 of 8 Midleton B&B and Inns
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Very accommodating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed here recently for two nights prior to Xmas. The owners were very accommodating and nothing was any problem.

Breakfast was plentiful, even if Aidan forgot to take the brown bread out of the freezer in the morning!!!

Very good b and b in a good location for East cork.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
County Laois, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I suppose I am writing this a bit prematurely but I think it'll hold until we check out in 3 nights time.
We arrived here at nearly 12 a.m. after checking out of a nearby hotel that I won't name having only been there for 6 hours due to it's terrible room etc. Anyhow, Aidan was there to greet us and was polite, chatty and so welcoming to us even at 12 a.m!
We have been given a large room upstairs at the back of the property a double and single bed. It is bright and airy and, thankfully, quiet. The bed is very comfortable, the bathroom and the bedroom are clean and you can tell that the owners take massive pride in their home and business.
Whenever I am back in Midleton I will stay here again if possible and it will be recommended to others should they ask.
Thank you for making us feel so welcome Aidan.

Room Tip: Room 4 is a lovely quiet room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DublinRobbie
Lublin, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I stayed at Oatencakes B & B three times. Very good conditions, nice hosts, great breakfast. I've been there three times and when I get to Midleton I not looking for other place. I can recommend this B &B.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Cave Creek, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. The location is good for exploring County Cork or County Waterford.
Aidan and Tina are very friendly and helpful. However, in the 4 days we stayed there, our water cut off 5 times. This was very inconvenient.
Complicating the matter, we were not informed how to contact the owners. There was a phone set in the room. However, there were no instructions how to use it and it couldn't be used reliably to reach the owners. The one time that I did reach the owner on the phone set in our room, I was actually trying to make a local call. I got Tina instead, who told me I couldn't make a local call on this phone, but had to use my mobile phone. If the phone set is in the room, and I can't use it to reach the owners or to make a local phone call, why is it there?
Apparently the water problem was due to a bad pump. It was being replaced the day that we left. So , hopefully that problem will be resolved.
Our room was a good size and very clean. The breakfast was quite good.
If the water pump issue is resolved, and, the owners do a better job of informing guests how they can be reached if there are problems, then I can recommend this B &B.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank drjohnScottsdale
Oatencake Lodge B, Owner at Oatencake Lodge B&B, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear reviewer,

We are very sorry you were disappointed with your stay. It was most unfortunate that the hot water pump failed during your stay. We are pleased to advise that we sourced a replacement and this has now been successfully replaced. Unfortunately this was not achievable during your stay.

We have heard your comments on contact details and have rectified this issue today. It may have been helpful to us if you had expressed your concern on this matter during your stay and perhaps we could have made your stay a little more pleasant.

Regards
Tina
Busselton, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

We stayed 1 night at Oatencakes B & B. It was very clean, well located close to town and well priced. Our host was very helpful and passed on alot of local knowledge. The breakfast was excellent, and plenty of it. The room was large and the bed was comfortable. We would be very pleased to recommend this B & B to anyone who is travelling, and would be happy to stay here again ourselves.

Room Tip: Get the free guide from any Tourist Information Shop, it lists all approved B & Bs in Ireland.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Leaving it until about 6 ish to find accommodation, I'd been recommended this b and b by a member of staff at nearby Barrycourt Castle (a must see). Did the job, easy to find, massive room, same price for king size / single bed room, power shower. Wifi only really good in dining room. Great brekkie choice, and cheerily presented. Can take credit card. Bonus! Personally, this isn't my sort of a place , as prefer bit more of character ( seascape. Union Hall was 5 euros more), but it did the job, with a really lovely family business.

Room Tip: Front room downstairs is by the front door and you'll be woken with anyone leaving early. But wa...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ClareCHS
Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

The room was a good size and clean and plenty of parking space. The breakfast was very good and everyone was very pleasant and helpful. Only 10 mins walk to the Main St and Midleton's main attraction - the Jameson Distillery!! I am happy to recommend this B&B.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midleton
Midleton Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Fota Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,973 reviews
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Cork
An Stor Midleton Townhouse

Been to Oatencake Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!